Brakes that feel like Code RSC but don't piston walk?

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Brakes that feel like Code RSC but don't piston walk?
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Jun 4, 2020 at 9:31 Quote
I've got some CODE RSC's. They came on my enduro. I love them, except for one major thing. No matter how many times I clean them and lube the pistons, or bleed them, recenter them, etc., The pistons keep walking to one side and causing disc rub. The slot in the caliper isn't large enough to allow adjustment of the caliper body to allow for this, so I either get the pistons rubbing on the disc, or the caliper body itself is rubbing on the disc. Iv'e heard several other people say the same thing.

Is there a similar feeling brake that doesn't do this? I like the feel and power of the brakes, and the adjustable contact point.

Posted: Jun 4, 2020 at 10:58 Quote
I think the key with sram brakes is just to get them setup halfway decent and then forget about them. A little bit of pad rub really won't slow you down at all and it will work itself out eventually.

Back in my DH days I had guide RSCs and I would just set them up to rub really bad, take a lap and the rub was gone.

Posted: Jun 4, 2020 at 16:45 Quote
skerby wrote:
I think the key with sram brakes is just to get them setup halfway decent and then forget about them. A little bit of pad rub really won't slow you down at all and it will work itself out eventually.

Back in my DH days I had guide RSCs and I would just set them up to rub really bad, take a lap and the rub was gone.

Pretty much this. Once your rotors are heated up, they are not going to be the same as when they are cold on a work bench and not rubbing. Get them close and call it a day.

Posted: Jun 4, 2020 at 16:45 Quote
skerby wrote:

doesn't work that way unfortunately. I can reset them and within a ride they're rubbing again. No amount of riding makes the rub go away. The pistons just keep walking farther over to one side. I wouldn't care except it's rubbing enough that I can hear it squeaking at low speed.

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.005813
Mobile Version of Website