Anybody bought anything from this company in the Buy/Sell section?

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Anybody bought anything from this company in the Buy/Sell section?
Previous Page |
Author Message
Posted: Jun 8, 2020 at 5:43 Quote
https://www.pinkbike.com/u/ronde-sport/

Seems like they haven't been on too long but they have a bunch of stuff for sale.

Posted: Jun 8, 2020 at 7:36 Quote
StoshZ wrote:
https://www.pinkbike.com/u/ronde-sport/

Seems like they haven't been on too long but they have a bunch of stuff for sale.


It looks like they have been on it for 6 months exactly. They are also a Plus member. I don't know if this is real or fake but it seems real. The only sketchy thing is that no one has bought any of their stuff.

Posted: Jun 8, 2020 at 8:50 Quote
benbenbeast wrote:
StoshZ wrote:
https://www.pinkbike.com/u/ronde-sport/

Seems like they haven't been on too long but they have a bunch of stuff for sale.


It looks like they have been on it for 6 months exactly. They are also a Plus member. I don't know if this is real or fake but it seems real. The only sketchy thing is that no one has bought any of their stuff.

Yeah thats my feeling, they have very little "sold" stuff but it may be because they have multiples of what they are selling so they dont' take the ads down.

Thanks for your input.

Posted: Jun 8, 2020 at 10:05 Quote
Its a Chinese seller and they are not out of Oregon. You can buy the same stuff for a similar price on Ebay from a Chinese seller and at least you are protected on there.

Posted: Jun 8, 2020 at 17:21 Quote
Yeah I'm getting the same feeling. Plus they haven't responded to my message.

Posted: Jun 8, 2020 at 19:25 Quote
the area code is from NYC.

https://www.ebay.com/usr/rondesport-us

there is also an ebay store with the same name / products.

They appear to be base out of hong kong.

https://www.rondesport.com/contact-support

MTBR forum seems to verify as legit.

https://forums.mtbr.com/where-best-deals/ronde-sport-ronde-cycling-legit-1131863.html

I would probably buy from their ebay store, as that provides the highest level of buyer protection

Posted: Jun 8, 2020 at 20:40 Quote
I bought Shimano brake pads from them. $26 shipped for 2 sets of J02A’s, shipped. I received them, USPS, from Oregon to Arizona in 5 days (including a Sunday).
They’re legit.

Posted: Jun 9, 2020 at 11:34 Quote
Slowagon wrote:
I bought Shimano brake pads from them. $26 shipped for 2 sets of J02A’s, shipped. I received them, USPS, from Oregon to Arizona in 5 days (including a Sunday).
They’re legit.

Thanks for the heads up. I bought some brakes from them on Ebay. Sounds like it's going to be a while to get but we'll see.

Thanks again to everyone for their input.

Posted: Oct 13, 2020 at 13:47 Quote
I live in happy Valley, OR where the seller says they are from. I contacted them and he said I can come pick up the parts. Going to check out XTR groupset.. Ill relay my experience. Very interested in how this works too.

Posted: Oct 14, 2020 at 6:29 Quote
They are legit. They have an ebay store too. Parts ship out of Oregon if you are in the U.S.A.

Have a friend who bought from their ebay store, parts arrived within a week.

Posted: Oct 21, 2020 at 10:09 Quote
Just some more info for anyone interested - I ordered a set of Shimano M-6100s from him - responded to my questions, quick shipping and threw in a couple olive/insert sets for me free. Shipping was free too. You just have to message him and send along your paypal info - he sends an invoice through paypal. Totally legit and I would recommend and order from him again in a heartbeat.

Posted: Oct 22, 2020 at 16:17 Quote
We probably really need to stop buying and supporting communist china. They ultimately might wage war against us, and we are funding it with every purchase...
Thanks to some previous prez America and China have an agreement on shipping - We whip their goods via usps in our country and they ship our goods in their country for no charge. It is cheaper to ship to china than to the next State over sometimes. Who in china buys from America? This is a one-way street, great for china companies who spend 3 cents to ship a big package through the china postal service, and then when it gets her usps has to foot the bill to ship it inside of America. This undercuts American companies that have quality products. You guys are buying junk brake pads that work, but the American or Taiwan stuff is better, and who knows what is in the china brake pads? toxic?
Now you know, now you are accountable...

Posted: Oct 22, 2020 at 17:55 Quote
ajriding wrote:
We probably really need to stop buying and supporting communist china. They ultimately might wage war against us, and we are funding it with every purchase...
Thanks to some previous prez America and China have an agreement on shipping - We whip their goods via usps in our country and they ship our goods in their country for no charge. It is cheaper to ship to china than to the next State over sometimes. Who in china buys from America? This is a one-way street, great for china companies who spend 3 cents to ship a big package through the china postal service, and then when it gets her usps has to foot the bill to ship it inside of America. This undercuts American companies that have quality products. You guys are buying junk brake pads that work, but the American or Taiwan stuff is better, and who knows what is in the china brake pads? toxic?
Now you know, now you are accountable...

lol, nice man. Keep this on your Facebook preferably out of these forums.


To get back on topic, I have purchased from this seller off eBay. Ships fast, no issues. Parts are legit but don’t have retail packing.

Posted: Oct 22, 2020 at 18:42 Quote
ajriding wrote:
We probably really need to stop buying and supporting communist china. They ultimately might wage war against us, and we are funding it with every purchase...
Thanks to some previous prez America and China have an agreement on shipping - We whip their goods via usps in our country and they ship our goods in their country for no charge. It is cheaper to ship to china than to the next State over sometimes. Who in china buys from America? This is a one-way street, great for china companies who spend 3 cents to ship a big package through the china postal service, and then when it gets her usps has to foot the bill to ship it inside of America. This undercuts American companies that have quality products. You guys are buying junk brake pads that work, but the American or Taiwan stuff is better, and who knows what is in the china brake pads? toxic?
Now you know, now you are accountable...

Save it. Accountable for what exactly? Is every part on your bike that could possibly be made in the good ‘ol USA? I doubt it. This is about a decent deal on bike equipment and the brakes I got (not just brake pads) were legit Shimano and work just fine. You seriously think metallic or resin pads from a US manufacturer
wouldn’t be “toxic”? Try ingesting that dust and report back to us, ok?

Posted: Apr 17, 2021 at 13:35 Quote
I got a set of Shimano XT brakes from him. Price was good, and they shipped fast. I put 25 miles (2 rides) on the brakes before the front failed and is leaking fluid at the pistons. So now the money I saved buying through him will be spent replacing a brand new caliper. Awesome.

Previous Page |

 
Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.008381
Mobile Version of Website