2020 specialized enduro cracked frame

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
2020 specialized enduro cracked frame
| Next Page
Posted: Jan 5, 2021 at 15:41 Quote
jaame wrote:
I would be looking to get a Comp in either glossy blue or matte black. Size would be S4 unless I got a really sweet deal on an S3. At 6’0” I think I’m kind of between sizes.

Ok. I would say go for the matte frame. And I’m 6ft on an s4 so that checks out. My friend has an s3 and it’s noticeably smaller. I sat on an S5 didn’t seem as big of a jump from s4 but it is a big ass bike. I’d say S4 all the way. You can always mess with the stem length or saddle position later. Main thing would he wheelbase and reach.

Posted: Jan 5, 2021 at 15:45 Quote
gserrato wrote:
Well, it came in!

For anyone following this thread, I went to go register this new frame on the specialized website and it turns out this is actually a 2021 frame! Beer

Stoked on that.

Posted: Jan 18, 2021 at 16:06 Quote
Uchwmdr wrote:
In my opinion it is outrageous for a flagman model bike from a top brand like specialized to have such weakness... the junction between the top tube and the seattube is clearly too small and too weak. I dont know what were they thinking, but you can see this area being heavily reinforces on every other brand and bike of the same category. Maybe except santa cruz, but they have special carbon fiber layouts and ive never seen such cracks on them. Not to mention about the lifetime warranty. Im not some santa cruz fanboy, but i think that for that price and quality, this specialized absolutely does not deserve your money despite the customer service they provide. They should not only send you s works frame asap, but write you an apology letter and totally revise this shitframe they are selling people. At your place i would be mad like hell.

Posted: Dec 15, 2021 at 23:32 Quote
gserrato wrote:
gserrato wrote:
Well, it came in!

For anyone following this thread, I went to go register this new frame on the specialized website and it turns out this is actually a 2021 frame! Beer

Stoked on that.

Hey man! Stoked you got your frame replaced Did you have the S-works frame originally? (The one that cracked in the first place)

I have a 2021 Enduro comp that has flaws in upper headset bearing interface. My LBS started the claim with some info and pictures from My phone and also i refered to an other post here at PB where a dude had the same flaw amongst others.. the day after my LBS started the claim, specialized came back and i'm getting a new frame. Took only one day wich is awesome in itself but now i'm curious what colour i will be replaced with... Also frame i supposed to be delivered April 2022 so i guess it will be a '22 year frame .. Did you get upgraded to S-works like Vancan?

Posted: Dec 16, 2021 at 1:26 Quote
hi there

i have a cracked spesh enduro 2020 too
mine got a crack in the headtube that got bigger over time. this happend 2 months ago and still no warranty frame sadly. i really liked this bike but for now ima move on and sell the warranty frame in the future.
hope they fix the problems

Posted: Dec 16, 2021 at 3:54 Quote
My frame is out of warranty and has not cracked. If it cracked I would be looking to have it repaired.
Has anyone here had an enduro professionally repaired? Is it even possible on the headset bearings seat?

Posted: Jan 26, 2022 at 8:58 Quote
Thinking about buying a 2021 Enduro Comp S4 for $3000. Seems like a really good deal, but worried about the potential cracking. What would my options be if I crack it? Does an S4 seem too big for 5' 9"?

Posted: Jan 26, 2022 at 10:05 Quote
I know some people will disagree with me, but I think that's too big. I've got an S4 and at 6'0" I would not want to go any bigger. I have 780mm bars end to end including grips (actual bar 770mm) and a 50mm stem. 170 cranks.

It's a big bike and it depends what you want. It will absolutely fly when you open it up, but it's not going to be nimble.

A really great resource I found is called geometrygeeks.bike (I think). It has a large DB. I've had a comparison up with my previous five bikes and it's really easy to see the differences in various lengths. You can even select one bike from the compare tool and it tells you about the others in relation to that one ("34mm shorter" "18mm longer" etc - really good but only if you know what you're looking for. I think the best fitting bike I've had was the 2018 Nukeproof Mega 290 in large to be honest. The Enduro is faster downhill but the mega was a better all-rounder.

About the fixing thing. It seems the current consensus is that carbon is fine for repairing. Better than metal. I'd still prefer a metal frame though, just because prevention is better than cure.

Posted: Jan 26, 2022 at 12:03 Quote
jaame wrote:
My frame is out of warranty and has not cracked. If it cracked I would be looking to have it repaired.
Has anyone here had an enduro professionally repaired? Is it even possible on the headset bearings seat?

Don't they have lifetime warranty of the frame for original owners?

Posted: Jan 26, 2022 at 12:06 Quote
jaame wrote:
I know some people will disagree with me, but I think that's too big. I've got an S4 and at 6'0" I would not want to go any bigger. I have 780mm bars end to end including grips (actual bar 770mm) and a 50mm stem. 170 cranks.

It's a big bike and it depends what you want. It will absolutely fly when you open it up, but it's not going to be nimble.

A really great resource I found is called geometrygeeks.bike (I think). It has a large DB. I've had a comparison up with my previous five bikes and it's really easy to see the differences in various lengths. You can even select one bike from the compare tool and it tells you about the others in relation to that one ("34mm shorter" "18mm longer" etc - really good but only if you know what you're looking for. I think the best fitting bike I've had was the 2018 Nukeproof Mega 290 in large to be honest. The Enduro is faster downhill but the mega was a better all-rounder.

About the fixing thing. It seems the current consensus is that carbon is fine for repairing. Better than metal. I'd still prefer a metal frame though, just because prevention is better than cure.

I agree, that seems big for someone who is 5'9". I feel like my S4 is the limit of what I would want for myself at 6'0". I have 800mm bars with a 40mm stem.

Posted: Jan 26, 2022 at 14:27 Quote
Regarding the warranty. I bought a brand new warranty replacement from a guy who snapped his older alloy enduro. Specialized replaced it with the new platform, but as his original purchase was over two years previously the new one had no warranty for me as the second owner. Just hoping and praying that it doesn’t break!
I would love to keep it five years until my son is tall enough and then pass it to him, replacing it with a Kenevo SL.

| Next Page

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.009159
Mobile Version of Website