The do it all mtb?

Posted: Jun 10, 2020 at 13:19 Quote
The problem with the strive is that it’s got too many things going on with the shapeshifter, it seems complicated and it’s probably just more likely to break. It’s also $3700.

Posted: Jun 10, 2020 at 13:24 Quote
I didn’t notice the short cranks on the evo, so I guess pedal strikes won’t be as bad as I thought. While they do have to do with skill, I feel like pedal strikes just happen sometimes. Does the cascade link system really work? I’ve heard mixed reviews.

Posted: Jun 10, 2020 at 13:42 Quote
ski-n-bike-da-east wrote:
Rocky Mountain Instinct

Bird Aeris 145 is a good bet, as well as the Aether 7, Aeris AM 9, and Aeris AM 160

The instinct is too expensive to get decent specs, and it also only has 140 front and rear. I don’t know about bird in the US. I though it was just a uk brand. I’ll check them out though.

Posted: Jun 10, 2020 at 13:51 Quote
If you're leaning towards the Stumpy you could always steepen it up (and raise the BB slightly) with an AngleSet.

Posted: Jun 10, 2020 at 15:35 Quote
commental wrote:
If you're leaning towards the Stumpy you could always steepen it up (and raise the BB slightly) with an AngleSet.

I can’t find an angle set that would fit a stumpjumper that steepens the head angle...can you link one?

Posted: Jun 10, 2020 at 15:57 Quote
Evkat wrote:
commental wrote:

I can’t find an angle set that would fit a stumpjumper that steepens the head angle...can you link one?

Aah, didn't think about it being integrated. Offset bushes can do the same thing.

Posted: Jun 10, 2020 at 16:08 Quote
I think I could also increase the travel to 150/160 as to raise the bb. But it’s more the steep head angle that I’m worried about. I can’t test it out right now so maybe I should just wait to see if I like it. Has anyone tried one?

Posted: Jun 10, 2020 at 16:10 Quote
commental wrote:
Evkat wrote:
commental wrote:

Aah, didn't think about it being integrated. Offset bushes can do the same thing.

Yeah, that’s a solution if they make one for the evo.

Posted: Jun 10, 2020 at 21:19 Quote
Others have suggested this already, at your budget, riding intentions and prioritizing suspension, Ripmo AF. One reason is that it's a good bike that fits the intended use and your budget. The other reason is DVO, their products perform and you can fiddle with them in every way possible. The people behind the brand are very open to communication and will do their best to make you happy riding their forks/shocks.

Posted: Jun 10, 2020 at 22:39 Quote
justwan-naride wrote:
Others have suggested this already, at your budget, riding intentions and prioritizing suspension, Ripmo AF. One reason is that it's a good bike that fits the intended use and your budget. The other reason is DVO, their products perform and you can fiddle with them in every way possible. The people behind the brand are very open to communication and will do their best to make you happy riding their forks/shocks.

Great call on the Ripmo AF , DVO are superb both in performance and customer service.

I’ve ordered one of these up, pretty sure the silver builds start around 3k (when they get more stock) and should perform well for your needs
https://www.cotic.co.uk/product/flareMAX

Posted: Jun 11, 2020 at 7:19 Quote
justwan-naride wrote:

The Ripmo is still on the list, my friend is going to let me try it out today. I just like the stumpy suspension a little more on paper.

Posted: Jun 14, 2020 at 6:01 Quote
Check out Marin bikes.
You should find something suitable for your needs.

Posted: Jun 14, 2020 at 6:32 Quote
Evkat wrote:
ski-n-bike-da-east wrote:
Rocky Mountain Instinct

Bird Aeris 145 is a good bet, as well as the Aether 7, Aeris AM 9, and Aeris AM 160

The instinct is too expensive to get decent specs, and it also only has 140 front and rear. I don’t know about bird in the US. I though it was just a uk brand. I’ll check them out though.

I have a bird and am in the US

Posted: Jun 17, 2020 at 13:18 Quote
So I’m thinking about the Ripmo over the stumpy purely because it has more travel. However, they replaced the nx model with the Deore. That might be a dealbreaker for me as I generally like SRAM more. Is there really a big difference between the nx and the Deore?

Posted: Jun 17, 2020 at 13:44 Quote
Evkat wrote:
So I’m thinking about the Ripmo over the stumpy purely because it has more travel. However, they replaced the nx model with the Deore. That might be a dealbreaker for me as I generally like SRAM more. Is there really a big difference between the nx and the Deore?

Probably not much in it, I run both Sram and Shimano on different bikes. Overall I think Shimano is better VFM. I haven't tried their 12 speed stuff yet, but I'll probably go XT rather than replace my X01 drivetrain when it craps out.

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.006788
Mobile Version of Website