Ripley sizing

PB Forum :: Ibis
Ripley sizing
  • Next Page
Posted: May 14, 2021 at 10:22 Quote
Have not selected a bile or stem yet , My riding experience is that I like larger for climbing (calmer front wheel and easier on the lower back , but the new geometry sitting upright WAAAAY better on the lower back ). I think the new bike designs are made to drop the seat and push the bike out doing down , but if you not dropping it much the bikes may feel small ?? Rode both the hd3 in large and xl and it was an easy choice for the XL but that specific bike was known to fit small. Tell the snow to melt in Tahoe !!!

Posted: May 19, 2021 at 15:39 Quote
5’9”, 32” inseam with a level. Just ordered a L. Hope I made the correct choice!

O+
Posted: May 21, 2021 at 6:45 Quote
I'm 5'8" with relatively short legs (30" inseam) but average wingspan and the M felt cramped but the L couldn't get the saddle low enough at full extension. Ended up going with the L but swapped the cranks for a set of 170mm (my long-time preference) and the dropper for a OneUp to maximize travel at my relatively low saddle height. Also needed to lower the bar height by swapping around headset spacers. It's SO NICE to finally have a bike with proper reach, even if it took some customization.

Posted: Jun 7, 2022 at 16:19 Quote
Rontroversy wrote:
5’9”, 32” inseam with a level. Just ordered a L. Hope I made the correct choice!

Hey mate, did you make the right choice?

O+
Posted: Jun 7, 2022 at 18:13 Quote
I’m curious as well. I need up selling my large Ripley and replacing it with a medium Ripmo. It took a year to notice, but the Ripley was too long and started causing me shoulder issues even with a 35mm stem and the saddle slammed forward. It descended great but the pedaling position was too stretched for me. The Ripmo is a little shorter and I still run it with 35mm stem and slammed saddle, but my shoulders are much happier.

O+
Posted: May 23, 2023 at 22:41 Quote
Like an earlier poster I am 6'1" with a +2 ape factor and a long torso. L or XL for the Ripley? Thanks!

Posted: Jul 13, 2023 at 2:59 Quote
Any updates from folks that purchased as far as how sizing worked out for them?

5'8" considering M or L sized RAF

no places to demo or sit on locally

Light/traction tune of the M won't work for my 230#s

Feel stupid paying $$ for it then shipping shock off for retune

Maybe swap shock for better one and sell as takeoff?

Posted: Jul 21, 2023 at 19:51 Quote
Didn't ride, but threw a leg over a large Ripley AF.

5'8.5"
30" inseam
+4 ape

reach wasn't bad given my arm length, but the bike under me felt enormous

would definitely recommend Medium for my size, not even close

my wife has a Small which I can ride fairly well, but clearly would perform better on a Medium

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.011914
Mobile Version of Website