Chrodown Throwdown

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Chrodown Throwdown
  • Previous Page
Posted: Jun 11, 2020 at 8:44 Quote
Ok so I figured this would be a better avenue for discussing Times Places and other details for the first ever Chrodown Throwdown! No clue how many people from how far away will be interested so the more input on everyone the better as far as when and where to throw down...

Posted: Jun 11, 2020 at 19:54 Quote
Interested? Definitely. Making it happen? Much logistics, but very much worth it. Would love to make this a reality.

Posted: Jun 11, 2020 at 20:13 Quote
Hell yeah are you in Texas for real expert?

I think the majority of guys are up in the PNW... Canada/Washington and Oregon...

Depending on how many people are interested I can host in Eastern Wa... above 10 guys it gets tricky.

That would need to be in the fall (which is perfect for that area weather wise)

We have a few waiting on the next round of frames and I would rather wait to see if the boarder opens. Definitely a couple Canadian brothers that need to be included...

Posted: Jun 11, 2020 at 21:57 Quote
Yeah, unfortunately I'm stationed at Fort Bliss, so I'm currently working with what I've got. Thank goodness there's a decent mountain range here, because there's certainly nothing else. I'd love to make a family trip out of a Chromag meet up and try to take a chunk of leave to do it. It always just comes down to timing and how many missions we have going that I'll have to support.

Posted: Jun 11, 2020 at 22:58 Quote
expertfailure wrote:
Yeah, unfortunately I'm stationed at Fort Bliss, so I'm currently working with what I've got. Thank goodness there's a decent mountain range here, because there's certainly nothing else. I'd love to make a family trip out of a Chromag meet up and try to take a chunk of leave to do it. It always just comes down to timing and how many missions we have going that I'll have to support.

Ok rad just keep posted. I think pushing it out as far as possible makes sense considering what all is going on. But stuff is slowly relaxing and opening up around here.

Glad you have a good range at your disposal...

O+
Posted: Jun 12, 2020 at 7:11 Quote
I am at Exit27 outside of Seattle - and definitely into a gathering. Bike arrives Monday and will be rolling ASAP as I have everything lying around.

I have been part of a Knolly gathering we have held for about 8 yrs now - normally S UT or AZ in the spring...which is a rad time to get out of the PNW. Always a fun time. Once a couple core people commit to a date - i would suggest just doing it...its hard to please everyone and once a date is set...those who are committed will make a plan.

I love some sunshine and warm sunny days in the spring and fall....but I also love some steep techie trails which these bikes were born to ride.

Posted: Jun 12, 2020 at 7:59 Quote
Mutton... What do you think about doing like either Tiger predator / 27 - run to Cle Elum for a lap- off to Leavenworth for a day on the east side? Make it an overnight deal? People could hit one or multiple days?

That would throw a variety of gnar in the mix eh?

I did a hardtail gathering at 27 last year and it was amazing.

O+
Posted: Jun 12, 2020 at 8:55 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:
Mutton... What do you think about doing like either Tiger predator / 27 - run to Cle Elum for a lap- off to Leavenworth for a day on the east side? Make it an overnight deal? People could hit one or multiple days?

Oh Ja...plenty of fun things to do around here...I might also suggest a few lesser known options to add to your list - if its multi day its always rad to camp / hang out / swim too - so would need to find some good spots.

Sounds like we need long ride to discuss and plan

O+
Posted: Jun 12, 2020 at 9:06 Quote
Nice work on this, I'm following and interested. I'm up on Orcas Island and always up for a trip. That being said, we have a sweet group camp area here at the state park with a good variety of trails so if an island trip is of interest, I'm happy to jump in and help coordinate.

Regardless, let's try to make this happen!

Posted: Jun 12, 2020 at 10:35 Quote
mutton wrote:
sterlingmagnum wrote:

Oh Ja...plenty of fun things to do around here...I might also suggest a few lesser known options to add to your list - if its multi day its always rad to camp / hang out / swim too - so would need to find some good spots.

Sounds like we need long ride to discuss and plan

We should hook up soon. I like nice long rides Smile

O+
Posted: Jun 12, 2020 at 10:51 Quote
and long romantic walks on the beach.

photo

O+
Posted: Jun 12, 2020 at 11:38 Quote
Cute...

Not long now...

Rootdown

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.011538
Mobile Version of Website