2021 SantaCruz?

PB Forum :: Santa Cruz
2021 SantaCruz?
Posted: Jun 30, 2020 at 14:04 Quote
ryan-az wrote:
Wait what if the new tallboy colors are like the current V10 colors?

I'll allow it.....I'd love a TB in the lighter V10 color. I hope its not like the Highball or the older Nomad.

Posted: Jul 1, 2020 at 9:07 Quote
I’d love to see it as well. But I have a feeling it will end up like the older highball colors Frown

Posted: Jul 2, 2020 at 13:02 Quote
Hopefully they will announce the rest of the lineup soon along with availability as 2020's are all sold out around here.

Posted: Jul 2, 2020 at 14:03 Quote
ryan-az wrote:
Does anyone know if there will be a updated blur change? I think it’ll probably stay the same and just update colors
I really want to know this too. The blur's HT angle is pretty steep compared to the new Yeti, new Epic, new Transition, etc. I'm hoping for Santa Cruz to slacken it out a bit, but they can't really add travel without stepping on the toes of the Tallboy. If they don't update the frame, I think I'll be shopping for an Epic Evo, but I'd really prefer to stick with SC.

Posted: Jul 2, 2020 at 21:23 Quote
jollyjared wrote:
ryan-az wrote:
Does anyone know if there will be a updated blur change? I think it’ll probably stay the same and just update colors
I really want to know this too. The blur's HT angle is pretty steep compared to the new Yeti, new Epic, new Transition, etc. I'm hoping for Santa Cruz to slacken it out a bit, but they can't really add travel without stepping on the toes of the Tallboy. If they don't update the frame, I think I'll be shopping for an Epic Evo, but I'd really prefer to stick with SC.
I think they should change it up. I think the least they could do is throw a 120 fork on the trail ready version

Posted: Jul 2, 2020 at 21:24 Quote
Supermikhailmtb wrote:
Hopefully they will announce the rest of the lineup soon along with availability as 2020's are all sold out around here.
I’m looking at the new tallboy and I’m waiting on the 21 model year versions to come out. I can’t get one at my shop either.

Posted: Jul 3, 2020 at 6:49 Quote
ryan-az wrote:
Supermikhailmtb wrote:
I’m looking at the new tallboy and I’m waiting on the 21 model year versions to come out. I can’t get one at my shop either.

Hopefully they release news soon. I want a Hightower but am considering a YT Jeffsy Pro Race as an alternative (which is available in my size right now.....).

Tough decision to wait for a Hightower or pull the trigger on the Jeffsy.

Posted: Jul 4, 2020 at 6:50 Quote
Supermikhailmtb wrote:
ryan-az wrote:
Supermikhailmtb wrote:

Hopefully they release news soon. I want a Hightower but am considering a YT Jeffsy Pro Race as an alternative (which is available in my size right now.....).

entirely your decision I’m more of a Santa Cruz person myself. I have heard people say bad things about YT’s frames. I think the Hightower is going to be better though because of their suspension design.

Posted: Jul 4, 2020 at 6:54 Quote
ryan-az wrote:
Supermikhailmtb wrote:
ryan-az wrote:

entirely your decision I’m more of a Santa Cruz person myself. I have heard people say bad things about YT’s frames. I think the Hightower is going to be better though because of their suspension design.

Money being equal I agree but of course YT is cheaper making the decision tough. Now I just wish I knew when the 2021's will be available so I know how long the wait could be if we go that route.

Posted: Jul 4, 2020 at 14:48 Quote
Yeah absolutely, yt specs their bikes really well for their price point. I have a feeling 2021 will be out by the 12th to 16th.

Posted: Jul 7, 2020 at 15:43 Quote
ryan-az wrote:
Yeah absolutely, yt specs their bikes really well for their price point. I have a feeling 2021 will be out by the 12th to 16th.

They are on the website now!

Pricing up a bit here in Canada with some changes to build kits as well.

Posted: Jul 7, 2020 at 16:22 Quote
Hahaha has to be a little conservative on the date, I had no idea. They changed up the tallboy build kit and the Hightower now uses fox forks witch look awesome on the orange in my opinion

Posted: Jul 7, 2020 at 16:34 Quote
Well, no colors that jump out at me online. Will need to see them in person I guess. Not sure I could go back to a TB at this point, but the white seems to be the best looking color between those 2. Not sure how I feel about the orange on the Hightower. Hard pass on any matte finish.

Posted: Jul 7, 2020 at 16:51 Quote
ryan-az wrote:
They changed up the tallboy build kit and the Hightower now uses fox forks witch look awesome on the orange in my opinion

I wish they put fox shox and droppers on them but for sure having that fox fork is very nice.

Posted: Jul 7, 2020 at 19:07 Quote
gmoss wrote:
Well, no colors that jump out at me online. Will need to see them in person I guess. Not sure I could go back to a TB at this point, but the white seems to be the best looking color between those 2. Not sure how I feel about the orange on the Hightower. Hard pass on any matte finish.
The colors are alright this year. They definitely could have done better. Just gotta be hopeful about the others. I gotta see the tallboy in person, that’s what I’m looking at getting so I’m not sure. Also any speculation on a nomad v5?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.015912
Mobile Version of Website