New bike day! AL Bronson

PB Forum :: Santa Cruz
New bike day! AL Bronson
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Jun 13, 2020 at 15:49 Quote
Bought frame only and she's finally here. Got it all built up and took it to the shop to have a new rear cassette put on and the derailleur put on. Felt pretty good to get everything all setup and just needed a little help getting it over the finish line. Took it out for a first ride despite all the rain and it feels amazing. Was shocked at just how firm it was with the climb switch open with almost no pedal bob, and then as soon as you're going downhill the suspension just gets right out of the way and had no problem using full travel. I'll be taking it to the bike park in a few weeks and haven't decided yet if I should switch it to the low position. It's probably worth trying out.

My only question as I'm unfamiliar with Rockshox is do the new super deluxe shocks still use negative air chamber bands? I see that talked about with the old monarch but can't find anything online talking about them, just positive air chamber spacers.

Main spec
- Bomber Z1 fork.
- DT 350 wheelset (Assegai front/Dissector rear)
- Magura MT5 brakes.
- RaceFace AeffectR cranks
Coming Soon
- PNW components 170mm dropper post.

photo
photo

Posted: Dec 6, 2020 at 19:41 Quote
Nice build!
Have you heard about recall and sent the bike in yet?

Posted: Dec 6, 2020 at 19:53 Quote
haydenwood2 wrote:
Nice build!
Have you heard about recall and sent the bike in yet?

Yup LBS called me first thing the day the recall/inspection notice went out. Haven't had a chance to take it in yet. Hopefully in the next few weeks.

Posted: Dec 6, 2020 at 20:00 Quote
Good luck
I took mine in a week ago and they are still waiting to send it back to SC. I called SC and they said about a 2-3 week turnaround once they receive the bike. Keep the bike until they receive the box to send it back...

Posted: Dec 6, 2020 at 20:13 Quote
Here in Canada it sounds like it's going to a third party vendor. There's also snow in the mountains so riding season is over for about 4 months. I appreciate the feedback though.

I've been seriously displeased with the quality of the paint in general though, and knowing now that they've been repainting frame I'm going to try to get them to replace the frame regardless. A single shuttle lap in my buddies truck and the pad somehow wore right through the paint down to the metal. My 2014 Giant Trance has been in that same truck no less than 20 times without even a scuff.

Other than that, and I guess also being less than impressed with the rockshox super deluxe, I'm very happy with the bike.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.014203
Mobile Version of Website