Schweitzer trails

PB Forum :: USA - West
Schweitzer trails
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Jun 14, 2020 at 9:14 Quote
Heading to Sandpoint idaho in a couple days for a week vacation. Was hoping to ride Schweitzer but I don't think the lifts will be open yet. It looks like there is a bike shuttle from the base (we're renting a house 1/2 mile from the red barn pickup) up to the village and some trails to ride back down from there that aren't part of the resort. Anybody have any experience/input in this area? Looks like selkirk recreatoin area. Thanks.

Posted: Jun 17, 2020 at 13:46 Quote
Lawsonj5 wrote:
Heading to Sandpoint idaho in a couple days for a week vacation. Was hoping to ride Schweitzer but I don't think the lifts will be open yet. It looks like there is a bike shuttle from the base (we're renting a house 1/2 mile from the red barn pickup) up to the village and some trails to ride back down from there that aren't part of the resort. Anybody have any experience/input in this area? Looks like selkirk recreatoin area. Thanks.

Did the downhill last year from the ski area down to the access road. It was okay, but definitely not a destination ride. Watch for bears -- treed a huge black bear on my ride.

Posted: Jun 17, 2020 at 20:17 Quote
luckey115 wrote:
Lawsonj5 wrote:

Did the downhill last year from the ski area down to the access road. It was okay, but definitely not a destination ride. Watch for bears -- treed a huge black bear on my ride.

Good to know. Thanks. Since it is so close to our rental house im going to check it out. Is there any other places nearby worth riding?

Posted: Jun 17, 2020 at 20:36 Quote
There isnt going to be a shuttle this year for the lower trails according to the Schweitzer rep that stopped by the shop today..

Posted: Jul 30, 2020 at 17:06 Quote
There is good riding in Couer D Alene or spokane- a little more developed MTB trails in those areas than sandpoint IMO

Lawsonj5 wrote:
luckey115 wrote:
Lawsonj5 wrote:

Good to know. Thanks. Since it is so close to our rental house im going to check it out. Is there any other places nearby worth riding?

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.004853
Mobile Version of Website