NX Drive Train - Chain jumps off 11 tooth cog

PB Forum :: SRAM
NX Drive Train - Chain jumps off 11 tooth cog
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
O+
Posted: Jun 16, 2020 at 13:25 Quote
Running an NX drive train, 11-50 cassette. Bike is just shy of a year old, been shifting like a dream until recently a little sluggish shifting up the cassette. Had the bike in the stand the other day, couple clicks on the barrel adjuster solved my sluggish shifting. Next ride my chain jumped the 11 tooth cog on an up shift and jammed between the frame and cassette (first scratching the frame, bummer). Threw bike back in stand, everything looks aligned, hanger looks okay, checked limit screw, turned in until it was making noise, then backed off to silent, went out to ride today, jumped the cog again. Its not consistent which is weird as well. I can shift 2-3 gears up and it locked in fine..

Thoughts?

Posted: Jun 21, 2020 at 7:08 Quote
Put your bike back in the bike stand, see if you can re-create what is happening while your looking at the rear end. May be obvious what the problem is while watching.

Remove chain and line up top jockey wheel and 11 tooth cog visually.

Is the chain length ok? Maybe stiff links? Too long and it will be slack, droop on the bottom and your rear mech won't have any tension in highest gear which could cause the chain to jump off.

Posted: Jun 28, 2020 at 11:58 Quote
h limit screw isn’t set up right

edit: i didn’t see you already tried that.

Posted: Aug 29, 2020 at 15:22 Quote
These can be a real headache. Here is what solved some of my problems:

"Align the center of the upper guide pulley with the outboard edge of the smallest cog", as recommended by SRAM. Watch some YouTube or here (https://www.sram.com/globalassets/document-hierarchy/user-manuals/sram-mtb/drivetrain/95-7518-008-000-rev-b-1x-mtb-mechanical-derailleurs.pdf) to see what they mean.

Check your B-tension screw, I had it a few times now that the screw moved in and the b-tension was off.

The derailleur hanger has to be straight- for me this is the main culprit. It might look fine but can still be off. The Eagle is very sensitive. Buy an derailleur hanger alignment tool or got to a bike shop.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.010467
Mobile Version of Website