Hugene.......any good?

PB Forum :: Propain Bikes
Hugene.......any good?
O+
Posted: May 17, 2021 at 11:36 Quote
Thinking about a few bikes mainly a 2021 Hugene, Pivot Trail 429 and a Yeti SB 130. Not many reviews out for the 2021 Hugene yet.

Propain is a strange name. Are they really into pain or something? Is it symbolic of grinding uphill and feeling the burn? They need to explain themselves.

Posted: May 17, 2021 at 15:34 Quote
Whatever it is, they are professionals at it!

Man, waiting 6 days now for an email reply about crank length and forks.

Making me wonder about the future if I emailed them about a broken frame or some such.

-----------------------------

Pivot 429 is showing bikes coming in stock soon for 2 of their builds...

Posted: May 26, 2021 at 14:23 Quote
They're up on US site. Lots of options available.
Shipping Oct it looks like?

Posted: Jul 9, 2021 at 12:41 Quote
Rated-R wrote:
Propain is a strange name. Are they really into pain or something? Is it symbolic of grinding uphill and feeling the burn? They need to explain themselves.
Isn`t it an abbreviation of propane, hinting to go full gaz?

O+ FL
Posted: Dec 9, 2021 at 13:44 Quote
Finished building my Hugene. Only had time to pedal it around the block. Feels pretty snappy, can't wait to hit the trail. Jail

21 Propain Hugene

Posted: Dec 9, 2021 at 15:14 Quote
Glad somebody grabbed one when they went up on site briefly. Showing April 1 now, phoof

Posted: Dec 13, 2021 at 12:08 Quote
PhoS wrote:
Finished building my Hugene. Only had time to pedal it around the block. Feels pretty snappy, can't wait to hit the trail. Jail

Any updates, really interested in this one? Also, any up close photos of the carbon weave in the frame? Just curious how it looks at the junctions.

O+ FL
Posted: Dec 13, 2021 at 13:00 Quote
XJBaylor wrote:
PhoS wrote:

Any updates, really interested in this one? Also, any up close photos of the carbon weave in the frame? Just curious how it looks at the junctions.

Not yet it's been dumpin here. You can barely make out the carbon though the tinted clear coat.

Posted: Dec 14, 2021 at 6:34 Quote
PhoS wrote:

Not yet it's been dumpin here. You can barely make out the carbon though the tinted clear coat.

Thanks for the feedback on the finish, can't wait to hear the ride reports.

Posted: Dec 14, 2021 at 8:32 Quote
Anyone know if it's possible to fit an angleset to the Hugene?

O+ FL
Posted: Dec 14, 2021 at 8:45 Quote
ShortJeffsyOwner wrote:

Yes, non-issue.

Posted: Dec 30, 2021 at 12:44 Quote
ShortJeffsyOwner wrote:
Dont think you can. Is42/is52. So No cups. Choose fork 140/150 mm and offset 44/51.

O+ FL
Posted: Dec 30, 2021 at 15:49 Quote
killuminatus wrote:
ShortJeffsyOwner wrote:
Dont think you can. Is42/is52. So No cups. Choose fork 140/150 mm and offset 44/51.

https://9point8.ca/collections/slack-r-kits

Posted: Dec 30, 2021 at 17:03 Quote
Ok. Havent seen that before. Had a tr250 with canecreek angleheadset Years ago.

O+ FL
Posted: Jan 31, 2022 at 12:33 Quote
I finally got out for a spin on the Hugene. The field test review was mostly on point. It pedals really well, the sizing is generous, and the geo is balanced and composed. I'm running the same bar/stem as my Meta TR which had 475mm reach and the Hugene feels like it has more room in the cockpit and I feel more centered and "in" the bike. I really like the longer CS, and it has no problems in tight corners.

I still have some tinkering to do with suspension setup but it feels pretty close to what I like. (medium tune Dpx2, .2 spacer) I don't find it to be harsh off the top as they described, I think they should have been on a light compression tune for their weight. (the bike ships with medium tune) It has the support you would expect a trail bike but it's obviously not as plush as a 160mm enduro bike. Looking forward to putting some more miles on this thing. tup

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.018930
Mobile Version of Website