Shoes????

Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Jun 19, 2020 at 18:51 Quote
Giro, 5.10, RC. What shoes do people prefer and why. I have heard when Adidas took over 5.10 the quality suffers now? Looking at either the Giro Riddance, 5.10 impact pro or the RC powerline

Posted: Jun 20, 2020 at 8:35 Quote
I love my five ten free rider pros! Stick to the pedals like glue and stiff shank for to take some of the hit out of bad landings.

Posted: Aug 16, 2020 at 8:43 Quote
I role DC’s as I can’t afford 5-10’s and dc’s are great still heaps of grip and my spank spikes just sink into them plus they are a good shoe for pedalling and heaps of support.

Posted: Aug 16, 2020 at 12:06 Quote
5-10 Freeriders here....love em

Posted: Aug 16, 2020 at 12:50 Quote
I've only used five tens for the last 5/6 years and generally liked them but always found a quirk with each model I didn't quite like.
The freerider pro I can't fault, they tick every box for me.

Posted: Aug 16, 2020 at 12:55 Quote
Switched to 5.10 hellcat recently after riding shimano shoes for years and I don't look back. I heard sizeing is off for some people, but for me they fit perfectly without breaking them in. 10/10 will buy again

Posted: Aug 19, 2020 at 20:32 Quote
I have been wondering about shoes lately.. I usually just ride in some hiking shoes, is it really worth the money to invest in some proper mountain biking shoes? They just look like skate shoes to me, but I guess there's more going on there than what it looks like.

Posted: Aug 20, 2020 at 18:27 Quote
greywolf999 wrote:
I have been wondering about shoes lately.. I usually just ride in some hiking shoes, is it really worth the money to invest in some proper mountain biking shoes? They just look like skate shoes to me, but I guess there's more going on there than what it looks like.

Absolutely. 5.10 is the standard, and use rock climbing shoe rubber in the soles. They look like skate shoes, but are generally stiffer and stickier on flat pedals. I use freeriders for casual rides or on the hardtail because they're soft, freerider pros for longer gnarlier trails, and impacts for true downhill stuff. Some of the newer companies seem to be catching up with 5.10 but I haven't tried them yet.

Posted: Aug 20, 2020 at 21:44 Quote
Interesting! I will have to consider picking up a pair at some point. Thanks for answering my noob question, by the way! I probably should have posted that in the "beginner" area.

Posted: Aug 23, 2020 at 16:20 Quote
I’ve worn 5 10 free riders since the month they came out and some more burly 5 10 high tops before that. I need to replace mine every one or two seasons, as I have a bad habit of “grinding” my right foot into the pedal and creating a hole in the sole. However, I do feel that the last two Pairs of free riders I have bought (one last season and one last week) are not the same quality they once were. One problem I have been experiencing is the foam padding above the heel easily bunching up and creating a bumpy, uncomfortable point in the back of the shoe. I’ve had to cut into the lining and rearrange the foam, and these last ones are virtually brand new. Otherwise, I do love them, though next year I may experiment with a new brand.

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.005428
Mobile Version of Website