Shimano Slx 11 speed with sram 11 speed chains

PB Forum :: Shimano
Shimano Slx 11 speed with sram 11 speed chains
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Jun 21, 2020 at 11:46 Quote
My friend told me to buy the cheapest 11-speed chain I could buy for him, will a SRAM PC 1130 work with Shimano SLX mtb? some people are saying that SRAM chains are not compatible with Shimano drivetrains, while others are saying that do in fact work with no issues, so I'm quite confused as to what is compatible with what. If you have tried it yourself even better. I just need it to work.

Posted: Jun 21, 2020 at 14:43 Quote
voler-1 wrote:
My friend told me to buy the cheapest 11-speed chain I could buy for him, will a SRAM PC 1130 work with Shimano SLX mtb? some people are saying that SRAM chains are not compatible with Shimano drivetrains, while others are saying that do in fact work with no issues, so I'm quite confused as to what is compatible with what. If you have tried it yourself even better. I just need it to work.

Yes, sram 11sp and Shimano 11sp chains are interchangeable.

SRAM 12sp chains are not compatible with Shimano 12sp.

Posted: Jun 21, 2020 at 23:50 Quote
I have a 1x11 speed drivetrain. Shimano SLX derailleur and shifter, Raceface cranks and direct mount chainring. Shimano chain and Sunrace cassette. All came together as factory fitted spec on a new hardtail and all work very well together.

If I need a new chain I will buy a cheap 11 speed KMC chain to go on them and I'm
sure that will work too.

Posted: Jul 26, 2020 at 15:39 Quote
voler-1 wrote:

I’ve ridden a whole sram drivetrain on a slx cassette. Go for it.

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.005480
Mobile Version of Website