Back pain with help - options to be free of the hydration pack

PB Forum :: Fitness, Training and Health
Back pain with help - options to be free of the hydration pack
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Jun 21, 2020 at 14:10 Quote
I'm wanting to ride without a pack and get some of the weight off my shoulders and that loads up my lower back/lumbar area, during longer rides or a lot of climbing, and am looking at fanny pack options, like from Osprey or DaKine.

I'd like to hear from other riders using fanny to "free" yourself and especially people with some lower back pain, if using fanny style, or other solutions, has helped. I am considering a 2nd pack with much smaller reservoir and less storage, or a fanny pack, or figure out how to strap things onto my bike and not have them on me at all.

Thanks for your help and insights!

Posted: Jun 22, 2020 at 5:20 Quote
I don’t have back pain thankfully but have weened myself off of a pack over that past couple seasons. I was regularly wearing a full pack for even short rides. Constantly taking way too much water with me.
Went to a fanny pack (camelback) with a smaller water capacity and feels much better and opens your back up for heat dissipation.

This year I have moved to a gear strap on my bike for a multi tool and a 24oz bottle, this gets me through any 1.5hr rides, which is 80% of my riding. This is the way to go if you can pull it off. When I go out for the longer rides I take the fanny pack also for extra water. Pretty much never take a full pack unless I am towing the family along.

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.005100
Mobile Version of Website