Sram dub bb pressfit 89.5/92

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Sram dub bb pressfit 89.5/92
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Jun 22, 2020 at 21:43 Quote
Is it possible for me to switch to a threaded bb. I need to replace mine. But I also hate the process of having to Remove it every time with specific tools. Is it possible to switch. To threaded?

O+ FL
Posted: Jun 27, 2020 at 11:26 Quote
No, the BB92 BB shell is too wide to have a adapter to BSA threaded. You are stuck running press fits in this case.

Posted: Jun 27, 2020 at 12:36 Quote
Specific tools being a big screwdriver and a hammer?

Joking aside, I've replaced a few pressfit BBs with the Wheels Manufacturing screw-together type BB. Then when the bearings are shot, you only need to replace them without having to smash the cups out of the frame.

https://wheelsmfg.com/bottom-brackets/sram-dub/386evo-abec-3-bb-for-29mm-sram-dub-cranks-black.html

Posted: Jun 28, 2020 at 7:13 Quote
walker17 wrote:
Is it possible for me to switch to a threaded bb. I need to replace mine. But I also hate the process of having to Remove it every time with specific tools. Is it possible to switch. To threaded?

I’m running BBInfinite’s Dub version bottom bracket and it uses a thread together design. Very pleased with it so far

O+ FL
Posted: Jun 28, 2020 at 8:20 Quote
I am confused. I dont see a 41mm diamter thread together style BB anywhere for a 29or30mm spindle from either of these brands...

I wouldnt call these a threaded BB either. zeither wy someone please enlighten me with these products.

Posted: Jun 28, 2020 at 9:41 Quote
https://www.bbinfinite.com/products/bb92-for-dub-29mm-mtb-crank-sets?variant=31626434871429

They actually went up in price.. the ABEC 7 bearings used to only be $170 and now they're $200 unfortunately.

lance-h wrote:
I am confused. I dont see a 41mm diamter thread together style BB anywhere for a 29or30mm spindle from either of these brands...

I wouldnt call these a threaded BB either. zeither wy someone please enlighten me with these products.

O+ FL
Posted: Jun 28, 2020 at 18:09 Quote
I thought those were just a one piece slide through. Still looks great.

Posted: Jun 28, 2020 at 20:52 Quote
lance-h wrote:
I thought those were just a one piece slide through. Still looks great.

Well whatever it is it performs really well. Super smooth and quiet rotation on the cranks. I did the spin trick and they seem to spin forever lol

Posted: Jul 3, 2020 at 11:24 Quote
JonnyW1984 wrote:
Specific tools being a big screwdriver and a hammer?

Joking aside, I've replaced a few pressfit BBs with the Wheels Manufacturing screw-together type BB. Then when the bearings are shot, you only need to replace them without having to smash the cups out of the frame.

https://wheelsmfg.com/bottom-brackets/sram-dub/386evo-abec-3-bb-for-29mm-sram-dub-cranks-black.html

I got it out successfully with a hammer and a pipe ????. Putting it in is the problem. I hate pressfit

Posted: Jul 3, 2020 at 15:10 Quote
It's not so bad if you've got something to press them in with (threaded rod and washers, or a tool).

I prefer BSA type BBs, but not fussed if a bike has a PF.

Posted: Jul 3, 2020 at 15:14 Quote
JonnyW1984 wrote:
It's not so bad if you've got something to press them in with (threaded rod and washers, or a tool).

I prefer BSA type BBs, but not fussed if a bike has a PF.

I just brought my bike to a bike shop so they could install it for me. I would like to be able to do it at home without an expensive tool any ideas how I could

Posted: Jul 4, 2020 at 4:10 Quote
It's just about having the ability to press the cups into the frame.

Some threaded rod and big washers/nuts would be the cheapest way to get a functional tool.

Have a Google on home made pressfit tool to see what I mean. Something like the below is a good idea (use washers instead of the Park Tools bits).

https://forums.mtbr.com/drivetrain-shifters-derailleurs-cranks/diy-bearing-cup-press-tool-%245-press-fit-bottom-bracket-pics-922442.html

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.009334
Mobile Version of Website