Does anyone own magura brakes that don’t rub?

PB Forum :: Tutorials
Does anyone own magura brakes that don’t rub?
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Jun 23, 2020 at 0:37 Quote
Honestly I’m reasonably handy on the tools.
I’ve used multiple different brakes.

But these magura MT5s are infuriating. Essentially I needed some cheap brakes to fill a gap.

The magura have good reviews and everyone seems happy with them.

Overall there ok, good power, nice design. I don’t even mind the plastic leaver, and very cheap stoppers.

But I cannot and I mean cannot get them not to drag!!!!!! I have even contacted magura and followed their steps.

So far:-

•Bled them
•Massaged the pads
•Held the brake and aligned, held both hard and softly.
•Aligned by eye.
•Tried magura and shimano rotas.
•Checked and corrected the piston movement.
•Rode them.
•Faced the Mounts
•Tried two sets (stupidly)
•Calliper alignment tool thing.
•Opend the lever bleed screw and checked for over fill.

Once the pistons are pushed back I can get them to run smooth. But as soon as I apply the brake they never return as far, leaving a gap that always rubs.

Honestly they still drag, I mean it’s not as bad now I can ride without noticing to much. But still it’s my pet hate and infuriating. I have read others have noticed this but still seem happy?

So do people who have these and enjoy them have some trick to align them, or do you just not care about the rub. Mine will be going I can’t handle the rub.!!

Posted: Sep 30, 2021 at 16:55 Quote
stedaly11 wrote:
Honestly I’m reasonably handy on the tools.
I’ve used multiple different brakes.

But these magura MT5s are infuriating. Essentially I needed some cheap brakes to fill a gap.

The magura have good reviews and everyone seems happy with them.

Overall there ok, good power, nice design. I don’t even mind the plastic leaver, and very cheap stoppers.

But I cannot and I mean cannot get them not to drag!!!!!! I have even contacted magura and followed their steps.

So far:-

•Bled them
•Massaged the pads
•Held the brake and aligned, held both hard and softly.
•Aligned by eye.
•Tried magura and shimano rotas.
•Checked and corrected the piston movement.
•Rode them.
•Faced the Mounts
•Tried two sets (stupidly)
•Calliper alignment tool thing.
•Opend the lever bleed screw and checked for over fill.

Once the pistons are pushed back I can get them to run smooth. But as soon as I apply the brake they never return as far, leaving a gap that always rubs.

Honestly they still drag, I mean it’s not as bad now I can ride without noticing to much. But still it’s my pet hate and infuriating. I have read others have noticed this but still seem happy?

So do people who have these and enjoy them have some trick to align them, or do you just not care about the rub. Mine will be going I can’t handle the rub.!!

Maguras have very tight tolerances, but mine don't rub as long as the rotor is true. If the rotor isn't true, then you'll need to fix that or get used to it. Other than that, the best thing to do is make sure that the caliper is truly centered on the rotor, then adjust each piston's throw so that all four pistons are roughly equidistant from the rotor.

Active Forum Threads
6 mins ago - YT Jeffsy 29 Thread
10 mins ago - Old Riders....But not "Old School"
14 mins ago - HOW TO GET YOUR EX LOVER BACK {☎} +27735257866 in South Africa,UK,USA,Spain,Sweden,Canada,UAE,Malta,Brunei,Japan
16 mins ago - Love Spells Which Manifests In 24 hours {☎} +27735257866 in South Africa,UK,USA,Spain,Sweden,Canada,UAE,Malta,Brunei
17 mins ago - Tallboy v4 Lower link
18 mins ago - Best Online Love Spell Caster to get your Ex Lover +27735257866 in South Africa,UK,USA,Spain,Sweden,Canada,UAE,Malta
18 mins ago - Strong And Powerful Love Spell To Win Your Ex Back +27735257866 in South Africa,UK,USA,Spain,Sweden,Canada,UAE,Malta
20 mins ago - Money Rituals That Really Work +27735257866 in South Africa,USA,UK,Canada,Lesotho,Zambia,Zimbabwe,UAE
21 mins ago - Most Effective Money Spells to Get Rich in South Africa +27735257866 USA,UK,Canada,Lesotho,Zambia,Zimbabwe (BMX)
23 mins ago - High Quality SSD Solution for Cleaning Black Money in South Africa +27735257866 Zambia,Zimbabwe,Botswana,Lesotho
28 mins ago - Crank question…need a little help
29 mins ago - The Sexiest AM/FR/Enduro Hardtail Thread (Please read the opening post)
32 mins ago - SSD Chemical for Defaced Notes in South Africa +27735257866 Zambia,Zimbabwe,Botswana,Lesotho,Swaziland,Kenya
33 mins ago - Ssd Super Automatic Solution in South Africa +27735257866 Zambia,Zimbabwe,Botswana,Lesotho,Swaziland
34 mins ago - DX-1 SSD Solution and Activation Powder in South Africa +27735257866 Zambia,Zimbabwe,Botswana,Lesotho
36 mins ago - Black Money Cleaning SSD Chemicals suppliers +27735257866 in South Africa,Zambia,Zimbabwe,Botswana
36 mins ago - Trek Slash 2021 ?
37 mins ago - Burnaby Biking
1 hours ago - All Things Meta 29er!
1 hours ago - Osta gamma-butyrolaktoni GBL verkossa, Osta fenyyliasetoni verkosta, (BMX)
1 hours ago - Kjøp gamma-butyrolakton GBL online, kjøp fenylaceton online, kjøp GBL online, (BMX)
1 hours ago - Cumpărați gamma butirolactonă GBL online, Cumpărați fenilacetonă online, (BMX)
1 hours ago - Køb gamma butyrolacton GBL online, Køb Phenylacetone online, Køb GBL online, (BMX)
1 hours ago - Nakupujte gama butyrolakton GBL online, Nakupujte fenylaceton online, (BMX)
1 hours ago - Kup gamma butyrolakton GBL online, Kup fenyloaceton online, Kup GBL online, (BMX)

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.004959
Mobile Version of Website