Oil volume Marzocchi dirt jumper 3 (2004,2005)

PB Forum :: Marzocchi
Oil volume Marzocchi dirt jumper 3 (2004,2005)
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Jun 28, 2020 at 4:18 Quote
Hi, posted this in the mechanics forum originally but might be better here;

Can't seem to find a definite answer on oil volume/fill height for a set of 26" 100mm 2004 or 2005 (not sure of exact year, if anyone gives me a hint on how to tell..?) - from what I've seen oil volume may be same for both years anyway.

Service manual for 2005 says 185ml in each leg, manual is for a 130mm fork although mentions the 100mm as well in places. But no mention of difference for oil volume. Fully compressed, 185ml gives a fill height of 30mm from top of stanchion, which seems pretty high!? As I understand it, air would need to compress to this volume at full travel (?).

Somewhere else I've read 55mm fill height from top - going with a diameter of roughly the stanchion that would be about 20ml less each side.

Hope someone might be able to help me with this, I know forks are a bit antique but seem to have been popular and still a fair few around these days. Might be a straight forward answer, any tips would be much appreciated!

Posted: Jun 30, 2020 at 18:55 Quote
With all preload assembly removed meaning the springs or The preload sleeve measuring down on the top the oil height will be 45 mm with a 7.5 weight oil. If the riders pushing 200 pounds you can use a 10 weight oil. Good luck and ride safe my friend

Posted: Jul 1, 2020 at 15:07 Quote
Fantastic, I'll take 15mm out tomorrow (30mm from top currently). thanks a lot for the help, much appreciated!!

Posted: Jul 24, 2020 at 11:34 Quote
Hey how do you figure out the year of the DJ 3. I too am about to service mine but I don't know the year. Is this height standard for all years?

Posted: Jul 25, 2020 at 1:31 Quote
Hi
I'm not sure, maybe Mark might have some more insight. Looks pretty similar to mine, although decals slightly different. Actually, looking at your photos, on the left lower underneath the marzzochi logo on the front - looks like it says 04 - could that be the year!?

For mine I went on Google image search and typed in different years looked a few and narrowed it down to 04 or 05. Maybe that works for you?

Posted: Jul 27, 2020 at 5:32 Quote
jp1 wrote:
Hi
I'm not sure, maybe Mark might have some more insight. Looks pretty similar to mine, although decals slightly different. Actually, looking at your photos, on the left lower underneath the marzzochi logo on the front - looks like it says 04 - could that be the year!?

For mine I went on Google image search and typed in different years looked a few and narrowed it down to 04 or 05. Maybe that works for you?

That is a good point. I can just try that and see what happens. I looked up the 2004 model and it 55 mm. Where exactly do you measure from.

Previous Page | Next Page

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.006146
Mobile Version of Website