"Which bike should I get" rant - enter at own risk

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
"Which bike should I get" rant - enter at own risk
Posted: Mar 6, 2008 at 3:50 Quote
yes! - ride bikes - do research - ignore trendjunkies - ride bikes - compare & do more research - ignore idiots who slam Norco, Giant, Kona, Specialized, or whatever bike you decide you like - buy a bike and ride ride ride.

Posted: Mar 6, 2008 at 5:51 Quote
Also don't pay attention to all the bottle rocket lovers. yes its a good bike but contrary to popular belief, its not related to jesus.

Posted: Mar 6, 2008 at 6:02 Quote
i don't mind all the "what bike is best" or "what bike should i get" threads as they generally seem to spark some discussion on the pros and cons of various bikes or products...and that is what having a bike forum is all about...mind u u will have to read a few pointless posts

Posted: Mar 6, 2008 at 6:17 Quote
( I have never started a thread on this but) try to keep in mind that some of us including myself do not have the option of testing out the bike before we purchase it. I am ordering a bike next week but i am still unsure of what I want. Its nice to hear some input on how bike rides

Posted: Mar 6, 2008 at 6:39 Quote
(good post)All that happens when you post what bike should i get topic everyone tells you to buy the bike that they have. Just ride you'll figure it out!tup

Posted: Mar 6, 2008 at 6:55 Quote
I dont understand why some care so much what others do. if you dont want to post or read it than fine dont. but putting useless 'ranting' threads instead of useless 'what bikes better' threads seems to just add to the uselessness. like your actually going to solve anything or feel better? doubt it. and aside from that stupid kids posting stupid questions that will only result in stupid answers, which leads to them wasting their money....remind me again why you care? get off you high horse and quit thinking everyone should be like you.

Posted: Mar 6, 2008 at 13:11 Quote
get a transition bottle rocket , they are dope

Posted: Mar 6, 2008 at 19:16 Quote
DMerritt wrote:
I dont understand why some care so much what others do. if you dont want to post or read it than fine dont. but putting useless 'ranting' threads instead of useless 'what bikes better' threads seems to just add to the uselessness. like your actually going to solve anything or feel better? doubt it. and aside from that stupid kids posting stupid questions that will only result in stupid answers, which leads to them wasting their money....remind me again why you care? get off you high horse and quit thinking everyone should be like you.

Did you read the first post?

We not just complaining we have also given advice on how to get your dream bike that works a lot better than just asking random people

Posted: Mar 10, 2008 at 4:33 Quote
skatejunkie wrote:
DMerritt wrote:

Did you read the first post?

We not just complaining we have also given advice on how to get your dream bike that works a lot better than just asking random people

yea i was refering to his rant, if he had just given advice and left it at that then fine i would have said good job, but he didnt.

Posted: Mar 10, 2008 at 5:01 Quote
What's wrong with his rant - it's fine by me. If it gets a few people to actually put in a bit of homework and then come and ask more specific advice, I'd say job well done.

Posted: Mar 10, 2008 at 5:58 Quote
ranting about a rant....classic.

Posted: Mar 10, 2008 at 6:10 Quote
Well said, I hate those threads!

Posted: Mar 10, 2008 at 6:13 Quote
Spring is almost here....everyone is just getting edgy is all...happens every year around this time.

Come april/may, the forums die.

Posted: Mar 10, 2008 at 6:43 Quote
andrew-mcintosh wrote:
Spring is almost here....everyone is just getting edgy is all...happens every year around this time.

Come april/may, the forums die.

yea i cant wait til my trail isnt a complete mud hole....

Posted: Mar 17, 2008 at 16:06 Quote
manikrider27 wrote:
bosco-capetown wrote:
Ganyay81 wrote:

Case and point.

Firstly. It's case in point. Jackass.

http://idioms.thefreedictionary.com/case+in+point

Secondly. Who are you to tell people what they can & can't do?

hes not...hes giving suggestions and hes right it is annoying

If its so annoying they why dont you just ignor threads like that and let ppl ask for help, their is nothing wrong with it and its not ur place to criticise

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.013119
Mobile Version of Website