Any Troy riders out there? I ride mostly technical terrain and looking for feedback on performance( I'm looking for a new ride)

PB Forum :: Devinci
Any Troy riders out there? I ride mostly technical terrain and looking for feedback on performance( I'm looking for a new ride)
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Jun 30, 2020 at 3:31 Quote
I ride mostly technical trails and am looking at a Troy 27.5.. anyone out there ride one that can give me some input? thanks

Posted: Jul 1, 2020 at 19:36 Quote
I have 2016 Troy 27.5 and it is great in the tech. I use it for everything, uphill, downhill...everything. I couldn't be happier with it.

coleboyb wrote:
I ride mostly technical trails and am looking at a Troy 27.5.. anyone out there ride one that can give me some input? thanks

Posted: Jul 2, 2020 at 18:59 Quote
cool, thanks for the reply

Posted: Jul 8, 2020 at 7:09 Quote
Picked up a 2019 / 2020 Troy 27 LTD carbon couple months ago. I've always built and rode longer travel bikes in the past, but wanted something more well rounded. This thing doesn't hold me back at all. If anything it is more capable than longer travel bikes of years past and probably even some current ones. I have no regrets. This bike rips!

Posted: Jul 12, 2020 at 12:15 Quote
coleboyb wrote:

I have a 2018 Troy Carbon and ride everything with it. Super smooth down rough tech and the head angle is perfect down steep trails. Rides nicely down flow and free ride as well.

Posted: Jul 13, 2020 at 18:58 Quote
thanks for the replies, this is a sweet bike.. just wish it was available right now ????

Posted: Jul 13, 2020 at 23:37 Quote
Just got mine in may. Dealer had to the it, but I know they were running low at that time

Posted: Jul 14, 2020 at 12:47 Quote
yeah, bikes are sold out everywhere right now.. everyone has time to ride

Posted: Jul 16, 2020 at 17:13 Quote
I'm on a 2017 Troy with a 160mm pike up front and a monarch plus rear

It is awesome. My 1st almost all carbon bike,.
I set up Mullet mostly but have a spare set of 27.5 f/r wheels as well..

It handles everything well. Im not the shredder I was 20yrs ago so I'll never exceed it's capabilities but I keep looking at newer bikes and I can't find any reason they are better or more effective.. most of the new bikes I see promoted and reviewed the last year are different versions of a Troy with slightly different parts and specs but basically the same thing mid travel fun so it all bikes... I built it light and strong and not cheap

Untill I find something markedly better no reason to change and the design is now 5yrs old...at least..it might not have the Uber latest super slack/ long/ low geo. But I dont need that to have fun.

Good luck

Posted: Jul 16, 2020 at 17:25 Quote
Thanks, I can't wait to see what bikes are going to be available.. been saving for one for a while and it's between the Devinci Troy and the Norco Sight. Thanks for the feed back.. I'm not the rider I was 20 years ago either.. lol

O+
Posted: Jul 20, 2020 at 8:16 Quote
I have a 2019 Troy 29 and it's built as a trail bike. Been riding that back and forth with my 2018 Django. The Troy is only a pound heavier but it's stiffer. Only thing the Troy gives up on slightly to the Django is it turns a little better in the tight stuff.

Posted: Jul 20, 2020 at 13:35 Quote
thanks for the feedback, I appreciate it

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.012360
Mobile Version of Website