SRAM Code Bleed Issue

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
SRAM Code Bleed Issue
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
O+
Posted: Jun 30, 2020 at 18:14 Quote
I'm are going through my first brake bleed with SRAM Code RSCs.

I've gotten as far as adding DOT fluid and equalizing the system, then removing both syringes from the bike. However, when I try to tighten the caliper bleed port with a 4mm hex, I am unable to get any purchase with the screw. As far as I can tell, it just spins and spins in the port, in both directions.

I've been googling, but I can't find anyone else with this problem. Have any of you experienced this?

When I tried to bleed my front brakes, I was unable to push fluid between the two syringes. I triple checked, and I definitely didn't leave the syringes pinched or closed off in any way. When I removed the bleeding edge attachment, I could push fluid through the caliper bleed port, so it was definitely loosened enough. After my experience with the first rear brake, I was very careful to only rotate the port screw in accordance with the instructions.

O+
Posted: Jun 30, 2020 at 18:15 Quote
At the end of my failed bleed attempt, after hand tightening and disconnecting the bleeding edge tool, I went to tighten the caliper bleed port with my 4mm hex, only to have it rotate freely on me AGAIN.

O+
Posted: Jun 30, 2020 at 19:58 Quote
Idk about this "freely rotating" problem, but the bleeding edge adapter is designed to allow you to open and close that port while everything is attached.

Edit: just watched the video. Apparently they want you to use a 4mm... oh well. So are you saying that when you get the step about removing the bleeding edge tool, then tightening the valve, the valve wont get tight?

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.007532
Mobile Version of Website