Vancouver island trails

PB Forum :: Canada - West
Vancouver island trails
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Jul 1, 2020 at 7:13 Quote
Hey, starting to take mountain biking more seriously and in the market for a new full suspension bike. I am wondering what kind of bike is best suited to the trails on southern Vancouver island. Will a shorter travel trail bike work well or is it better to go with a mid travel all mountain bike? Any advice is appreciated, thanks!

Posted: Jul 1, 2020 at 11:57 Quote
Will-E-MTB wrote:
Hey, starting to take mountain biking more seriously and in the market for a new full suspension bike. I am wondering what kind of bike is best suited to the trails on southern Vancouver island. Will a shorter travel trail bike work well or is it better to go with a mid travel all mountain bike? Any advice is appreciated, thanks!

Are you on Facebook?
If so join this group
https://www.facebook.com/groups/VancouverIslandMountainBiking/?ref=share

Posted: Jul 1, 2020 at 11:58 Quote
Will-E-MTB wrote:

I ride a Norco Sight.
It’s my everything bike. I take it to Mount Washington and to the trails in Cumberland and Hammerfest.

O+
Posted: Aug 13, 2020 at 23:22 Quote
It really depends on what you're planning on riding.

I had a Giant Trance that I rode on everything on the Island, up to and including Mount Washington, and even took it to Whistler and Squamish and the North Shore. Fantastic bike. I now have a Reign that's really well suited to the more enduro type stuff I'm riding these days (when I had the Trance I liked XC stuff...I don't now haha). Either of these bikes would be great...but with that said...it's mostly down to personal preferences and your choices of trails...I often see guys on Chromags (hard tail) who wouldn't have it any other way. The other day we saw two guys on rigid fat bikes in Cumberland...most bikes will do well with most trails around here.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.008359
Mobile Version of Website