Trail difficulty rating

PB Forum :: Trailforks Feedback
Trail difficulty rating
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Jul 3, 2020 at 8:36 Quote
I've noticed a few trails having difficulty ratings that don't match the actual difficulty of the trail. Most seem to be sandbagged to an easier rating.

One around here is rated intermediate with gradients of about 30%. A few sections are also way more technical than an intermediate rating. For the gradient alone if you need to be sustaining 250watts just to keep moving it's not intermediate in my opinion.

Is there anywhere to vote on the difficulty of a trail or suggest a change?

Posted: Jul 3, 2020 at 8:48 Quote
This isn't a trailforks issue. They don't rate trails.

Posted: Jul 3, 2020 at 8:57 Quote
whitebirdfeathers wrote:
This isn't a trailforks issue. They don't rate trails.

Right, so how do we fix the trail rating?

Posted: Jul 3, 2020 at 9:04 Quote
They're likely rated by your local trail association or whoever built the trail. Most trails are poorly rated.

Posted: Jul 3, 2020 at 9:13 Quote
whitebirdfeathers wrote:
They're likely rated by your local trail association or whoever built the trail. Most trails are poorly rated.

Sooooooo what can I do to fix this? I don't understand how I can be more clear about this question.

There is literally no possible way within Trail Forks to fix a trail rating? It's permanently wrong, for like ever and ever.

Mod Plus
Posted: Jul 3, 2020 at 9:26 Quote
If there is real world signage of a trail, the Trailforks rating should probably match that.

Anyone can suggest edits to trails via the Trailforks website (not the app). Your edit won't apply right away, it will need to be approve by a local admin.

Posted: Jul 3, 2020 at 9:32 Quote
Dkutassy wrote:
whitebirdfeathers wrote:

Sooooooo what can I do to fix this? I don't understand how I can be more clear about this question.

There is literally no possible way within Trail Forks to fix a trail rating? It's permanently wrong, for like ever and ever.

You can get involved with your local trail association and suggest proper ratings based on accepted standards.

Posted: Jul 3, 2020 at 15:38 Quote
canadaka wrote:
If there is real world signage of a trail, the Trailforks rating should probably match that.

Anyone can suggest edits to trails via the Trailforks website (not the app). Your edit won't apply right away, it will need to be approve by a local admin.

Thanks for the useful reply! I've only been using the app. I was hoping there would be something like the community rating system that MTB Project has and I was just missing it.

Previous Page | Next Page

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.005347
Mobile Version of Website