Intense M1 front rim alternative.

PB Forum :: Downhill
Intense M1 front rim alternative.
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Jul 4, 2020 at 18:32 Quote
I recently purchased an intense 2002 M1 bike with all original parts. The front rim is a double wide sun rims 26” That is totally screwed up. Hub and spokes. Took it to the three bike shops nobody wants to touch the rim. It’s 20mm x 110 inner Width is 33mm and the outer is 47mm. I guess they don’t make rim like this anymore so what’s the alternate route to go? Tire size is 2.70 I would like to find the same Width of the tire to match the rear. Btw I’m new to downhill biking.

Posted: Jul 4, 2020 at 19:18 Quote
there shouldn't be much challenge finding a similar 26" rim. Spank makes on that has a 30mm internal as an example.

assuming that your hub is still serviceable, I dont really understand why no one wants to rebuild the wheel for you.

Posted: Jul 4, 2020 at 21:22 Quote
The hub, and Spokes are totally screwed up. Plus the rim is bent. It seems like they don’t want to build it from scratch.

Posted: Jul 4, 2020 at 22:54 Quote
there are 20x110 non-boost hubs still avail. and some manufactures still offer complete wheel sets.

Fairly certain Hope still makes what you need as a complete wheel.
https://www.hopetech.com/products/wheels/downhill/fortus-30-pro-4/

CRC has the hope pro 4 hub in the non boost standard. There is also a Novatec DH61SB that would fit your needs on a budget.

Wheel building isnt something every shop offers... but Its strange they dont want to look through their catalog to sell you a few hundred dollars worth of product.

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.005218
Mobile Version of Website