Intense M1

PB Forum :: Intense
Intense M1
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Jul 4, 2020 at 19:03 Quote
I recently purchased an intense 2002 M1 bike with all original parts. The front rim is a double wide sun rims 26” That is totally screwed up. Hub and spokes. Took it to the three bike shops nobody wants to touch the rim. It’s 20mm x 110 inner Width is 33mm and the outer is 47mm. I guess they don’t make rim like this anymore so what’s the alternate route to go? Tire size is 2.70 I would like to find the same Width of the tire to match the rear. Btw I’m new to downhill biking.

Posted: Jul 15, 2020 at 23:37 Quote
Your going to the wrong shops. The double wide is a stupid old rim. I've had them heavy and of no use now. Get a shop to get you a mavic 729 wheel with whatever hub comes with the build. I've had these rims for years and they have been bombproof for me. If your trying to keep it close to original the double wide is not stock and you want a tire that is 2.4/2.5" . 2.7 is overkill, bikes have come a long way since 2002. Ask around in a local to you group and find a reputable shop, they would be more than happy to see a classic like yours in good shape. If they don't care finde a shop that appreciates what you have

Posted: Sep 15, 2020 at 14:21 Quote
Wow, an old school M1. I had one of those back in 1997. It was the wet dream of DH bikes back then.

I think you're just better off buying an off the shelf wheel. By the time you pay labor, spokes, nipples and all you're better off just getting a new wheel or wheelset. You can get them cheap nowadays too.

Have fun

Previous Page | Next Page

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.004675
Mobile Version of Website