New MTB Rider in Cardiff / South Wales

PB Forum :: United Kingdom
New MTB Rider in Cardiff / South Wales
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Jul 6, 2020 at 1:29 Quote
Hi,

I am a new MTB rider in the Cardiff / South Wales Area who has got into Mountain Biking over social distancing. (Caught the bug massively) I am 25 Male with generally high levels of fitness. I've been riding 2/3 times a week for about a month now on a variety of different trails; so far I have tried out some of the routes in Afan, Forest Fawr (Castle Coch) & Baglan Mountain.

Currently I am on an basic entry level hardtail; Calibre Line 20.

I typically gun for the blue / red trials but am looking to progress to black once I have built up my skillset.

I was looking to either pick up some beginner tips or locations of decent runs. So it would be great if anyone could point me in the right direction!

Or I am happy (whilst maintaining social distance) to meet up and ride with anyone that think they would be a similar level or are looking to get out on the trials in the Cardiff / South Wales Area.

I am hoping to check out Cwmcarn at some point - does anyone know if it is locked off due to covid?

Any responses or tips would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers

Dean

Posted: Jul 15, 2020 at 4:01 Quote
Massive amount of trails not far from you mate... Castell Coch being one area which gives you the opportunity to head over to Rudry / Caerphilly / Van Rd and over to Wenallt or over to the Garth mountain.

Cwmcarn is now open again Smile Apparently some excellent off piste riding there (Risca Bike Park) too but I've not ridden it myself.

I'm in Caerphilly myself, not far away.

Posted: Jul 28, 2020 at 11:19 Quote
Cwmcarn is great and it's open.. Just no uplift for the moment

The red run there might be a bit savage on a hardtail, so check out what you'll be riding before you really go for it.
I rode it on my dj bike once (short travel hardtail) and I remember it was pretty rough.. But doable

Their website is cwmdown and there's lots of yt videos

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.006056
Mobile Version of Website