Can someone reassure me that my bike is not a lemon?

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Can someone reassure me that my bike is not a lemon?
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Jul 8, 2020 at 11:40 Quote
Hey guys,

New to the scene so please bare with me. I finally ended up hitting the bike park at Whistler and rented a Devincci 29" DH bike and fell in love with the sport instantly even after eating it pretty good a few times.

Since being back in town I did some studying and ended up purchasing a "like new" XC/Trail bike which I figure was the best bet as I could ride it to work and do some light trails and possibly some DH. But now after another 24 hours of studying it seems my new bike is not worthy of the park? and now after doing even more research into the bike I bought it ended up being made in Taiwan. The brand is big in Australia, Asia, Germany etc but there isn't much regarding it's quality based on user reviews.

https://imgur.com/pV9D381

Here are the stats, what do you guys think? Will it work for my first 2 seasons of riding? Should I pawn it off on a family member and by a true Enduro? I've rode bikes my whole life but never got into it like I am now, obsessed.

Frame: 17” Aluminum alloy
Shock: SR Suntour RS12 Raidon LO Air
Fork: SR Suntour SF14 Raidon XC-LO-R-29 Air
Wheels: 29” Alex EN24
Tires: Schwalbe Rapid Rob 29X2.25
Derailleurs: Shimano Deore 27 spd.
Shifters: Shimano Alvio SL-M430.
Brakes: Shimano BR-M395 (180 mm) Hydraulic
Cranks: Shimano Deore

Should I shut up and ride my bike lol?

Posted: Jul 8, 2020 at 11:54 Quote
The bike is not a lemon as there is nothing wrong with it. BUT it is not the type of bike you would enjoy riding at whistler. If you kept it as a strict XC bike it would do okay but other then that its going to struggle and make the ride not as fun.

Posted: Jul 8, 2020 at 12:04 Quote
So what brand of bike is this? No image shows up.

Posted: Jul 8, 2020 at 12:20 Quote
blakplastic wrote:

It says WHEELER on the down tube, never heard that name before

Posted: Jul 8, 2020 at 12:23 Quote
ski-n-bike-da-east wrote:
blakplastic wrote:

I tried their website but its not set up properly and this series of bikes doesn't show up. I would get rid of it just based on the fact they cant get a website correct.

Posted: Jul 9, 2020 at 7:19 Quote
fourfourone wrote:
blakplastic wrote:

I tried their website but its not set up properly and this series of bikes doesn't show up. I would get rid of it just based on the fact they cant get a website correct.

Exactly my thoughts, what I'm truly after is a full endure bike but I don't want to take out a second mortgage. They've been hard to find used too.

Posted: Jul 9, 2020 at 12:46 Quote
ActualSimo wrote:
fourfourone wrote:

Exactly my thoughts, what I'm truly after is a full endure bike but I don't want to take out a second mortgage. They've been hard to find used too.

You will be hard-pressed to find a bike currently. For something moreinexpensive, look at getting an aggressive hardtail. They can ride anything including dh (although it will be bumpy)

FL
Posted: Jul 9, 2020 at 14:09 Quote
Wheeler used to belong to Breezer I believe, my bro had a 4x bike if there’s back in 2003ish - absolutely rad thing for it’s time, really trick bike - good to see they’re still going

FL
Posted: Jul 9, 2020 at 14:11 Quote
https://www.wheelerworldwide.com/

O+
Posted: Jul 9, 2020 at 15:36 Quote
fourfourone wrote:
The bike is not a lemon as there is nothing wrong with it. BUT it is not the type of bike you would enjoy riding at whistler. If you kept it as a strict XC bike it would do okay but other then that its going to struggle and make the ride not as fun.

agreed...looking at the specs and pictures, it would be a good trail bike but i wouldnt be pushing it down any aggressive trails and definitely not down a enduro or DH type trail...IMO. just by the looks it has a pretty steep HA and XC geometry which would make it pretty intense and quite a handfull to point down the steep fun stuff.

OP- how much were you looking to spend? you can usually find a half decent enduro rig on the buy/sell forum for $1500-$2000

Posted: Jul 9, 2020 at 18:24 Quote
Is this for real?? Eek

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.009570
Mobile Version of Website