retro mtb bike, help

• Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Jul 9, 2020 at 12:48 Quote
I have an old mtb bike, which i don't know what btand is it. I would need a help from an older mtb biker. Bike have a lot of good gear i suppose. It have:
- front suspension rock shox judy xl
- rear suspension fox vanilla
- rear shifter shimano xt
- front shifter sram 9.0
- brakes shimano lx

I have this bike for very long time and i don't know what brand is it and how much does it cost. Thank you!
Picture: https://ibb.co/GTmqyxx

Posted: Jul 9, 2020 at 14:27 Quote
I would guess that bike was made sometime around 1998.

Its value is really dependent on the local market, and if by some odd ball chance someone has a fetish for this particular model.

Its cant be worth more than a few hundred IMO.

Posted: Jul 10, 2020 at 0:04 Quote
The rear mech is early 00s as is the Alivio chainset but these may not be original of course. The brake levers are the second generation of the LX V brake levers which would put it in the 99-01 kind of area. Matches with the DX pedals (I’m guessing as I can’t quite see them) and the triple clamp Judys.

In honesty it’s not worth much now given how much bikes have moved on in the past 20 years and it doesn’t have any direct retro appeal. If it still works and you like riding it, do that, otherwise it’s probably $100 to someone.

Posted: Jul 10, 2020 at 8:17 Quote
I have a 1999 bike (26 inch 3X9) that is still fun to ride but not worth throwing money into with upgrades. It is great to have as a 2nd bike and still a good XC/gravel bike, but no comparison with bikes that are 20 years newer. But it is still better than a new Wal Mart bike.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.007847
Mobile Version of Website