Fox 40 stanchion tube

PB Forum :: Downhill
Fox 40 stanchion tube
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Message
Posted: Jul 9, 2020 at 15:29 Quote
Both of my stanchions are wearing out on my 2015 fox 40 I’m just wondering were I could get a new set I’ve looked online and can’t seem to find ones that ship to Canada that would fit my bike I have 27.5

Posted: Jul 9, 2020 at 19:07 Quote
Tayce wrote:
Both of my stanchions are wearing out on my 2015 fox 40 I’m just wondering were I could get a new set I’ve looked online and can’t seem to find ones that ship to Canada that would fit my bike I have 27.5

The reason they are wearing is you have bad bushings inside the lower legs of the fork. Putting in new stanchion tubes will only result in them getting worn out too. You could either get new lowers or have the bushings replaced.

Posted: Jul 9, 2020 at 19:18 Quote
How much will this cost to fix like is it worth fixing

Posted: Jul 9, 2020 at 19:19 Quote
seismicninja wrote:
Tayce wrote:
Both of my stanchions are wearing out on my 2015 fox 40 I’m just wondering were I could get a new set I’ve looked online and can’t seem to find ones that ship to Canada that would fit my bike I have 27.5

The reason they are wearing is you have bad bushings inside the lower legs of the fork. Putting in new stanchion tubes will only result in them getting worn out too. You could either get new lowers or have the bushings replaced.

Which would be best and how much would it cost do you think

Posted: Jul 9, 2020 at 19:21 Quote
Tayce wrote:
How much will this cost to fix like is it worth fixing

I would keep an eye out in the classfieds for lowers. Sometimes they turn up. I don't know off hand it would cost to have them done but I would guess between 200 or so if Fox did it.

Posted: Jul 9, 2020 at 19:30 Quote
seismicninja wrote:
Tayce wrote:
How much will this cost to fix like is it worth fixing

I would keep an eye out in the classfieds for lowers. Sometimes they turn up. I don't know off hand it would cost to have them done but I would guess between 200 or so if Fox did it.

So can I just replace the bushings or do I have to do the whole lower legs because I have new seals for the bike but thought I needed new stanchions

Posted: Jul 9, 2020 at 19:34 Quote
Tayce wrote:
seismicninja wrote:
Tayce wrote:
How much will this cost to fix like is it worth fixing

I would keep an eye out in the classfieds for lowers. Sometimes they turn up. I don't know off hand it would cost to have them done but I would guess between 200 or so if Fox did it.

So can I just replace the bushings or do I have to do the whole lower legs because I have new seals for the bike but thought I needed new stanchions

Fox could replace just the bushings, and so could a suspension tuning bike shop. The bushings are set to a certain depth and diameter, so a kind of advanced job. Hence why it is costly and sometimes just easier to replace the lowers themselves. As long as there is not a lot of wear and no oil leaking out you can still use the same stanchion

Posted: Jul 9, 2020 at 19:39 Quote
Tayce wrote:
How much will this cost to fix like is it worth fixing
likely not worth fixing, Lowers will mot likely need to be replaced along with the stanchion tubes

Posted: Jul 9, 2020 at 19:40 Quote
ajax-ripper wrote:
Tayce wrote:
How much will this cost to fix like is it worth fixing
likely not worth fixing, Lowers will mot likely need to be replaced along with the stanchion tubes
Dang at least I don’t waste the money fixing somthing that will just come back now

Posted: Jul 9, 2020 at 22:18 Quote
Maybe contact a fox service center and get their advice.

Posted: Jul 10, 2020 at 5:41 Quote
Bushes are replacable on 40s so should be pretty cheap. I paid like 40 pound to get mine replaced and sized.

Posted: Jul 10, 2020 at 21:23 Quote
You need bushings,
You might have a time getting a stancion for the old air side.

Posted: Jul 19, 2020 at 20:20 Quote
Hello , stanchions are around $150 each rebuild $175+tax and shipping to the factory will be rather expensive all together , talk to Fox they do crash replacements and you can get a couple bucks towards a new fork in some cases definitely worth it !

Previous Page | Next Page

 
Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.005861
Mobile Version of Website