Norco Range 2021

PB Forum :: Norco
Norco Range 2021
Posted: Jan 31, 2021 at 10:37 Quote
spinmaster3000 wrote:
blackapturphoto wrote:
I've got a photoshoot booked with the new HSP Range and a dual crown fork Wink

Norco Factory Team posted a video of Sam Blenkinsop at Coronet Peak to their IG account yesterday riding what definitely looked to be a HSP range with a dual crown fork! Might well be the new Range!
It definitely is.

O+
Posted: Jan 31, 2021 at 12:02 Quote
Pics of that bike with a DC fork have been floating around since July(?) last year. And Norco riders have been spotted on that bike in the DH race during Crankworx Innsbruck in October. So is this really the new Range, or is it an updated Aurum?
On the other hand, there is that blurry picture of what appears to be the same frame, but with a SC fork...
So has anyone heard or seen any details about frame travel, detailed spec etc.? I am very tempted to try a high pivot trail bike, so this would be a very interesting option (together with the longer travel Forbidden that is supposed to be released soon).

Posted: Feb 1, 2021 at 13:02 Quote
UncleCliffy wrote:
spinmaster3000 wrote:
blackapturphoto wrote:

Norco Factory Team posted a video of Sam Blenkinsop at Coronet Peak to their IG account yesterday riding what definitely looked to be a HSP range with a dual crown fork! Might well be the new Range!
It definitely is.

Turns out I potentially had my facts wrong so we shall have to wait and see

Posted: Feb 2, 2021 at 7:35 Quote
knax wrote:
Pics of that bike with a DC fork have been floating around since July(?) last year. And Norco riders have been spotted on that bike in the DH race during Crankworx Innsbruck in October. So is this really the new Range, or is it an updated Aurum?
On the other hand, there is that blurry picture of what appears to be the same frame, but with a SC fork...
So has anyone heard or seen any details about frame travel, detailed spec etc.? I am very tempted to try a high pivot trail bike, so this would be a very interesting option (together with the longer travel Forbidden that is supposed to be released soon).
Visit your local Norco dealer and ask them to see the 2021 catalog. They might be hesitant to show you as a lot of photos in it are embargoed. I’m going to be purposely vague here:

I’ve had a C1 on order since I heard about it. It’s very well speced. Every model is coil sprung with 29 inch wheels. Three different models with price dependent builds. Interestingly, geometry numbers aren’t available. I’ve just been on a comparable Sight, so I went with the same size. My dealer has had the catalog for a while, so who’s to say any of this information is concrete. A lot has changed since they printed it...

If the rumors posted in this thread are true, I would think we’ll have a product release in the media in the next couple months...?

O+
Posted: Feb 2, 2021 at 18:01 Quote
UncleCliffy wrote:
knax wrote:
Visit your local Norco dealer and ask them to see the 2021 catalog. They might be hesitant to show you as a lot of photos in it are embargoed. I’m going to be purposely vague here:

I’ve had a C1 on order since I heard about it. It’s very well speced. Every model is coil sprung with 29 inch wheels. Three different models with price dependent builds. Interestingly, geometry numbers aren’t available. I’ve just been on a comparable Sight, so I went with the same size. My dealer has had the catalog for a while, so who’s to say any of this information is concrete. A lot has changed since they printed it...

If the rumors posted in this thread are true, I would think we’ll have a product release in the media in the next couple months...?

I saw the catalog as a buddy works for Norco. I want one!

Posted: Feb 2, 2021 at 18:30 Quote
UncleCliffy wrote:
spinmaster3000 wrote:
blackapturphoto wrote:

It definitely is.

Yeah some of the Norco factory DH riders have been prototyping a new DH bike, since the North American summer (give or take). I'm stoked to see it when it's production ready! Big Grin

O+
Posted: Feb 2, 2021 at 21:03 Quote
Spill the beans, let's see the details on the new Range!

O+
Posted: Feb 2, 2021 at 23:24 Quote
blackapturphoto wrote:
UncleCliffy wrote:
spinmaster3000 wrote:

It definitely is.

Sounds like the words of someone who doesn’t want their contract cancelled! Wink

A lot of conjecture so far, but no facts until Norco releases the bike. I’m sure we’ll know all the details soon enough...until then, can’t we all just pester Norco on social media to get on with it already?!? If I see another post featuring the latest XC build I’m gonna lose it!!! Big Grin

Posted: Feb 3, 2021 at 12:43 Quote
spinmaster3000 wrote:
blackapturphoto wrote:
UncleCliffy wrote:

It definitely is.

Sounds like the words of someone who doesn’t want their contract cancelled! Wink

A lot of conjecture so far, but no facts until Norco releases the bike. I’m sure we’ll know all the details soon enough...until then, can’t we all just pester Norco on social media to get on with it already?!? If I see another post featuring the latest XC build I’m gonna lose it!!! Big Grin

You're delusional if you think the social media intern is going to influence the release of a bike based on Instagram comments...

O+
Posted: Feb 3, 2021 at 13:38 Quote
bikeparkmemes wrote:
spinmaster3000 wrote:
blackapturphoto wrote:

You're delusional if you think the social media intern is going to influence the release of a bike based on Instagram comments...

Do you mean to suggest, sir, that it isn’t the company president who likes and replies to comments? What is this blasphemy!?!?

Posted: Feb 9, 2021 at 17:57 Quote
Is there a date yet for this bike?

Posted: Feb 10, 2021 at 6:50 Quote
Not the news anyone wanted to hear, but word on the street is the Range got pushed back again. What was supposed to be a March release date is now looking like May/June. Suspension seems to be the big hold up.

Posted: Feb 10, 2021 at 7:50 Quote
Tayrob wrote:
Not the news anyone wanted to hear, but word on the street is the Range got pushed back again. What was supposed to be a March release date is now looking like May/June. Suspension seems to be the big hold up.
I wonder who we blame for that. Not that blame is the right word or anything... I’m guessing it would be Fox considering every level of that bike uses the same rear shock.

I was told June or July for the one I ordered so I guess I’m not surprised.

O+
Posted: Feb 10, 2021 at 10:04 Quote
I'll happily take a frame with no shock

O+
Posted: Feb 10, 2021 at 13:40 Quote
Other manufacturers that use fox are taking orders in July for their bikes so it makes sense. Norco could still debut it on schedule though and take pre orders

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.013177
Mobile Version of Website