Norco Range 2021

PB Forum :: Norco
Norco Range 2021
Author Message
Posted: Feb 10, 2021 at 14:42 Quote
Tayrob wrote:
Not the news anyone wanted to hear, but word on the street is the Range got pushed back again. What was supposed to be a March release date is now looking like May/June. Suspension seems to be the big hold up.

What is the source of this info? Anyone know?

Posted: Feb 10, 2021 at 21:45 Quote
The source is a local outside rep for Norco.

From what I understand and gather, it mainly is Fox/Shimano holding not only these bikes up, but many other brands. Both brands aren't willing to compromise on quality and can't keep up with OEM and aftermarket demand, plus they seem to put the smaller brands (Norco included) on the back burner, while the bigger brands (specialized, Santa Cruz, trek, etc...) get first dibs on available stock and future spec. My guess is we'll see a burst of bikes from the mentioned bigger brands by spring, followed by a lump of bikes from the smaller brands early summer.

Posted: Feb 11, 2021 at 0:31 Quote
Tayrob wrote:
The source is a local outside rep for Norco.

From what I understand and gather, it mainly is Fox/Shimano holding not only these bikes up, but many other brands. Both brands aren't willing to compromise on quality and can't keep up with OEM and aftermarket demand, plus they seem to put the smaller brands (Norco included) on the back burner, while the bigger brands (specialized, Santa Cruz, trek, etc...) get first dibs on available stock and future spec. My guess is we'll see a burst of bikes from the mentioned bigger brands by spring, followed by a lump of bikes from the smaller brands early summer.

Thanks for the note. I fear you may be right. I have heard there are going to be delays but had not heard of the cause. What you laid out makes sense. Looks like it will affect all of the smaller brands. Guess I’ll just keep riding my current bike...

Posted: Feb 13, 2021 at 2:28 Quote
Does anyone know how many models there will be, and what their base price-tag is?

Posted: Feb 15, 2021 at 7:31 Quote
MysticDH wrote:
Does anyone know how many models there will be, and what their base price-tag is?
I’m not sure if pricing is locked down. It probably was, but things could change depending on the current supply issues.

Inside the embargoed catalog it showed three different carbon models. All with the same rear shock, and different builds for different price points.

Posted: Feb 22, 2021 at 7:30 Quote
kyleluvsdh wrote:
UncleCliffy wrote:
spinmaster3000 wrote:


Norco Factory Team posted a video of Sam Blenkinsop at Coronet Peak to their IG account yesterday riding what definitely looked to be a HSP range with a dual crown fork! Might well be the new Range!
It definitely is.

Yeah some of the Norco factory DH riders have been prototyping a new DH bike, since the North American summer (give or take). I'm stoked to see it when it's production ready! Big Grin


Maxxis Shorty Ad

There's also this ad for the new Maxxis Shorty which looks a fair bit like the 'prototype' bike he'd previously been spotted on (but only in still photos)

Posted: Feb 22, 2021 at 10:16 Quote
That bike is exactly a regular Aurum HSP and not this bike lol

Posted: Feb 22, 2021 at 12:57 Quote
j-t-g wrote:
That bike is exactly a regular Aurum HSP and not this bike lol

Thats what i thought at first too but theres still a bunch of semi-confirmed rumors in this thread saying the Range is going to be HSP and DC

Posted: 3 days ago Quote
Ok but look at that linkage - it's exactly the old bike. Look at the norco prototype with a linkage from the summer series - very different layout

Posted: 3 days ago Quote
Dwarfmarine wrote:
j-t-g wrote:
That bike is exactly a regular Aurum HSP and not this bike lol

Thats what i thought at first too but theres still a bunch of semi-confirmed rumors in this thread saying the Range is going to be HSP and DC
The new Range is indeed a high-pivot, but configured a little different than what’s been seen before. Don’t expect an Aurum style layout. It’s also speced with a 38/ZEB depending on the build. Not a dual crown...

Posted: 3 days ago Quote
The suspense is killing me!

Posted: 2 days ago Quote
j-t-g wrote:
Ok but look at that linkage - it's exactly the old bike. Look at the norco prototype with a linkage from the summer series - very different layout

Ah yeah, gotcha.. i had to re-watch the vid for a better look.. paused at 1:41 and confirmed what you've mentioned.
Definitely an Aurum HSP in that clip..

Posted: 2 days ago Quote
This popped into the Instagram feed this morning.
Griztour posted it - at the end it specifically says “build your range”.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CLpCz9wnjIv/?igshid=13hiuqth3iisj

Posted: 2 days ago Quote
Not to be a downer but that video is several years old now. It came out when you actually could build a range on their configurator program.

Posted: 2 days ago Quote
Well, we had a rep visit my local shop yesterday. They are thinking June still. Nothing concrete.


 
Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.006250
Mobile Version of Website