Norco Range 2021

PB Forum :: Norco
Norco Range 2021
Author Message
Posted: Feb 27, 2021 at 12:52 Quote
sdaly wrote:
ThunderChunk wrote:
UncleCliffy wrote:
This will me my first wagon wheel bike. I’ve demoed enough 29ers now to realize I need one long term. I still don’t like some of their traits, so I figure owning one I’ll adapt to them.

Mullet might be for you. I tried a mullet bike and it was perfect for me. Front end swallowed up tech and rock gardens. Rear end was still playful and easy to throw around.

I'd totally go for a mullet, just wouldn't want to negatively affect the geometry of a bike to do it

Ya I agree, I'd only mullet a frame designed for it. You can't simply throw a smaller wheel on a 29. BB will be way too low. It's possible a manufacturer could come up with a mullet link for the new range.

Posted: Feb 27, 2021 at 22:16 Quote
ThunderChunk wrote:
UncleCliffy wrote:
sdaly wrote:
Neat. Maybe it will finally be the bike to convince me to jump on to the 29er bandwagon wheels
This will me my first wagon wheel bike. I’ve demoed enough 29ers now to realize I need one long term. I still don’t like some of their traits, so I figure owning one I’ll adapt to them.

Mullet might be for you. I tried a mullet bike and it was perfect for me. Front end swallowed up tech and rock gardens. Rear end was still playful and easy to throw around.
Not sure about that. I’m pretty tall with a shitty low back. Jumping on the Norco train because of the steeper than average seat angle for climbing. Not sure I want to slacken it.

Looking at some pictures of the frame, it appears to have replaceable drop outs. Maybe a mullet set up is something Norco thought of already. In that case I’d be into it...

Posted: Feb 28, 2021 at 1:12 Quote
Those who have one on pre-order already, has anyone seen geometry figures and how much travel the new Range will have?
I am hoping for 170mm f+r with something like 63.5 HA, 77-78 STA, 480mm reach, 440mm CS for a size large.
If the numbers are close to that, I will have to start looking for a shop that carries Norco around here, not too many close to where I live...

Posted: Feb 28, 2021 at 7:17 Quote
knax wrote:
Those who have one on pre-order already, has anyone seen geometry figures and how much travel the new Range will have?
I am hoping for 170mm f+r with something like 63.5 HA, 77-78 STA, 480mm reach, 440mm CS for a size large.
If the numbers are close to that, I will have to start looking for a shop that carries Norco around here, not too many close to where I live...
You are right about the travel. Geo numbers haven’t been published yet. I would assume the reach numbers are similar to a Sight, and that head angle/seat angle seem like obvious choices.

As soon as they start popping up, I would call every shop you possibly can to find one. I’m pretty sure they’re all spoken for already.

Posted: Feb 28, 2021 at 10:57 Quote
UncleCliffy wrote:
ThunderChunk wrote:
UncleCliffy wrote:
This will me my first wagon wheel bike. I’ve demoed enough 29ers now to realize I need one long term. I still don’t like some of their traits, so I figure owning one I’ll adapt to them.

Mullet might be for you. I tried a mullet bike and it was perfect for me. Front end swallowed up tech and rock gardens. Rear end was still playful and easy to throw around.
Not sure about that. I’m pretty tall with a shitty low back. Jumping on the Norco train because of the steeper than average seat angle for climbing. Not sure I want to slacken it.

Looking at some pictures of the frame, it appears to have replaceable drop outs. Maybe a mullet set up is something Norco thought of already. In that case I’d be into it...

Same here bad back. I have a 2018 Enduro that I went down a size (supposed to be medium but ride a small) so I'm more upright for pedaling. I would only mullet the range if it is designed for it. Currently my top pick for a new bike is the dreadnought so I can run it in mullet.

Posted: Feb 28, 2021 at 11:02 Quote
Also have my eyes on the dreadnought. I will continue to hold my breath for this mysterious unreleased, yet somehow sold out, new and improved Range

Posted: Feb 28, 2021 at 14:41 Quote
As someone who like to support new bike releases and pre order frames/bikes when I can. I am really not impressed with the way Norco is seeming to launch this bike. Multiple local dealers near me in New England seem to be in the dark and there local rep is not sharing anything when they reach out. I have been trying to get info since last fall in hopes of a pre order. What do I have to do, walk in one of my local dealers with $6k in cash?

I know with some of the current bike release like the Ibis Ripley AF. They had a certain amount of bikes ready to ship to dealers upon launch, this number was small but at least some folks could snag them!

Posted: Feb 28, 2021 at 14:44 Quote
I agree, hoping the wait is worth it. I'm also curious about the new VLT as well though

Posted: Feb 28, 2021 at 15:31 Quote
While we're all excited to see the new bike, it's not like Norco released info about it and then continued to push back deadlines; rather, a bunch of shop people heard information about the bike, put it on the internet, and now all of bike-nerdom (myself included) eagerly awaits its release. As much as I want to see the Range like everyone else, if Norco knows it can't deliver on a given date, it makes total sense that it's not divulging information. Everyone's getting a little too excited. 2021 is turning out to be 2020's lazy little brother, and we just have to get used to it.

Posted: Feb 28, 2021 at 15:34 Quote
Lando406 wrote:
While we're all excited to see the new bike, it's not like Norco released info about it and then continued to push back deadlines; rather, a bunch of shop people heard information about the bike, put it on the internet, and now all of bike-nerdom (myself included) eagerly awaits its release. As much as I want to see the Range like everyone else, if Norco knows it can't deliver on a given date, it makes total sense that it's not divulging information. Everyone's getting a little too excited. 2021 is turning out to be 2020's lazy little brother, and we just have to get used to it.

It's just so damn frustrating haha. I'm in the market for a new bike but I've already accepted whatever I buy won't be in my hands until winter or spring 2022. Hoping the range is released before July so I can decide on this or forbidden

Posted: Feb 28, 2021 at 15:45 Quote
sdaly wrote:
I agree, hoping the wait is worth it. I'm also curious about the new VLT as well though
im interested too, any information on it other than new ep8 motor

Posted: Feb 28, 2021 at 16:33 Quote
mitch160 wrote:
sdaly wrote:
I agree, hoping the wait is worth it. I'm also curious about the new VLT as well though
im interested too, any information on it other than new ep8 motor

Just a bunch of rumors I've heard. I imagine it will be similar to the new Range? Not sure how you'd pull off a HSP with the motor there, but I'm equally excited to see the regular and the VLT versions of this bike.

Posted: Feb 28, 2021 at 17:56 Quote
I’ve seen pics of all the new E-bikes. They’re all equipped with the EP-8 motor. Layout of the frame is completely different though. Vertical shock and rocker configuration typical to Norco has been replaced with a top tube mounted shock. The motor takes up a lot of real estate and they couldn’t cram the shock in there.

Posted: Feb 28, 2021 at 18:39 Quote
UncleCliffy wrote:
I’ve seen pics of all the new E-bikes. They’re all equipped with the EP-8 motor. Layout of the frame is completely different though. Vertical shock and rocker configuration typical to Norco has been replaced with a top tube mounted shock. The motor takes up a lot of real estate and they couldn’t cram the shock in there.
are there any pictures online or they in the shop brochure


 
Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.007817
Mobile Version of Website