Norco Range 2021

PB Forum :: Norco
Norco Range 2021
O+
Posted: Apr 28, 2021 at 6:59 Quote
Creg wrote:
j-t-g wrote:
I believe you get the top level shock on all models though - not factory but still the one with all the adjustments. So that's pretty nice.
I don't think there's such thing as a factory vs. performance dhx2 is there?

Yes there are performance versions without high speed adjusters, my Reign 29 has one.

Posted: Apr 28, 2021 at 8:19 Quote
rialb wrote:
Creg wrote:
j-t-g wrote:
I believe you get the top level shock on all models though - not factory but still the one with all the adjustments. So that's pretty nice.

Yes there are performance versions without high speed adjusters, my Reign 29 has one.

Won’t a 170 mm coil bike would be hard to pedall? I know it’s for enduro but can someone have this as their only bike

O+
Posted: Apr 28, 2021 at 9:17 Quote
Gabrielsegue wrote:
rialb wrote:
Creg wrote:

Won’t a 170 mm coil bike would be hard to pedall? I know it’s for enduro but can someone have this as their only bike

With LSC/HSC & LSR/HSC in the shock and a an upright seated position the bike should be as good a pedaller as any other modern enduro bike. I've heard talk on the grapevine that this will pedal just as well as the Sight

Posted: Apr 28, 2021 at 15:42 Quote
Mjwilson82 wrote:
Gabrielsegue wrote:
rialb wrote:

With LSC/HSC & LSR/HSC in the shock and a an upright seated position the bike should be as good a pedaller as any other modern enduro bike. I've heard talk on the grapevine that this will pedal just as well as the Sight

Any word on chainstay length and reach on a L frame?

Posted: Apr 28, 2021 at 16:52 Quote
Muchogusto wrote:
Mjwilson82 wrote:
Gabrielsegue wrote:

Same reach between this and a sight apparently, chainstays are looking to be a touch longer but bloke I spoke to couldnt remember by how much.

O+
Posted: Apr 29, 2021 at 8:04 Quote
Creg wrote:
j-t-g wrote:

Not off the shelf, but OEM versions are basically a build-a-shock/fork program.
They can upgrade/downgrade each part assembly to cut costs

That’s why you can’t buy a Performance model X2/DHx2 with only LS C/R but you can buy a Performance Elite with L/HS C/R
(You can also fit the adjusters to your Performance/base model for about $100)

Posted: Apr 30, 2021 at 6:33 Quote
indianacones420 wrote:
Muchogusto wrote:
Mjwilson82 wrote:

Same reach between this and a sight apparently, chainstays are looking to be a touch longer but bloke I spoke to couldnt remember by how much.
Been patiently waiting for a geometry chart. He must have a newer catalog than my shop does...

Posted: May 3, 2021 at 17:33 Quote
UncleCliffy wrote:
indianacones420 wrote:
Muchogusto wrote:

Been patiently waiting for a geometry chart. He must have a newer catalog than my shop does...
oath istg if this has like a 65 degree head angle imma lose it

O+
Posted: May 3, 2021 at 20:15 Quote
jackheat wrote:
UncleCliffy wrote:
indianacones420 wrote:

I'm gonna guess 63.2. I just have a feeling.

Posted: May 4, 2021 at 11:39 Quote
ThunderChunk wrote:
jackheat wrote:
UncleCliffy wrote:

I'm gonna guess 63.2. I just have a feeling.
Some quick nerding out with a protractor and the catalog photo says 62.8. I’m guessing it’s actually 63 just like the Shore...

O+
Posted: May 18, 2021 at 10:17 Quote
Hasn't been much action here so I thought I'd stir the pot a little.

Here she is in DH mode..... I have read that there will also be a new DH bike so maybe this isn't even a Range but it sure looks like the bike in the embargo photo posted above.

photo

O+
Posted: May 18, 2021 at 10:41 Quote
I don't think there's a new DH bike. Maybe just this bike with some shenanigans large than simply running a dual crown.

O+
Posted: May 18, 2021 at 15:32 Quote
I also got a good but brief look at one under a local team rider in a typical team spec with a 38. That is definitely the new Range.

His bike didn't have the silver machined dropouts like on the bikes we've seen fitted with Boxxers. I suspect those bikes could be over stroked to 180+ and they're extensions for clearance or tweaking the leverage curve but who knows. Could also just be chainstay extensions for a team rider's preference or testing.

O+
Posted: May 18, 2021 at 16:42 Quote
Is it just me or is that wheelbase long af. Must be an XL?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.015118
Mobile Version of Website