Norco Range 2021

PB Forum :: Norco
Norco Range 2021
O+ FL
Posted: Aug 14, 2020 at 19:39 Quote
ranchitup wrote:
photo

For anyone wondering, this is the new Range. Thought so when I first saw it, and some images on a distributor site confirmed it.

But do you know if it's 190+ back? Is there a flip chip? Is there an alternate linkage to run it in "DH mode"? Is this two bikes in one? Or did they make those guys race short travel rear ends in DH races?

FL
Posted: Aug 14, 2020 at 19:59 Quote
j-t-g wrote:
ranchitup wrote:
photo

For anyone wondering, this is the new Range. Thought so when I first saw it, and some images on a distributor site confirmed it.

But do you know if it's 190+ back? Is there a flip chip? Is there an alternate linkage to run it in "DH mode"? Is this two bikes in one? Or did they make those guys race short travel rear ends in DH races?

No flip chip that I could see. Norco isn't known to use them either. It most likely is just compatible with a 200mm dual crown in it's stock config, similar to the Slayer.

My guess would be around 170mm travel rear. They already have the Aurum so no need for it to approach dh territory.

Key feature that is very clear in the photos is bolt-on dropouts. Likely interchangeable to adjust chainstay length, maybe accomodate more travel like you said, maybe different wheel sizes?

Anyways so far it looks like a very interesting new bike. Love how progressive norco is these days.

O+ FL
Posted: Aug 14, 2020 at 20:15 Quote
ranchitup wrote:
photo

You work at a shop I assume? When will this bike be dropping?

FL
Posted: Aug 14, 2020 at 20:51 Quote
pcledrew wrote:
ranchitup wrote:
photo

The photo says Embargo until spring 2021. Seems a little early then to put a bike on a distributor site, so I think it will be announced before that, maybe sometime this year.

O+ FL
Posted: Aug 14, 2020 at 21:01 Quote
ranchitup wrote:
pcledrew wrote:
ranchitup wrote:
photo

The photo says Embargo until spring 2021. Seems a little early then to put a bike on a distributor site, so I think it will be announced before that, maybe sometime this year.

Sweet. Thanks for sharing

O+
Posted: Aug 16, 2020 at 9:39 Quote
Pretty sure that's the Aurum if anything, not the Range. It's got a double crown Boxxer fork in the picture.

FL
Posted: Aug 16, 2020 at 10:05 Quote
Bazillbrown wrote:
Pretty sure that's the Aurum if anything, not the Range. It's got a double crown Boxxer fork in the picture.

Rocky mountain riders had dual crowns on their slayers. That doesn't really say anything. Also look at that seat angle.

Posted: Aug 16, 2020 at 16:32 Quote
Looks like a DH bike

O+
Posted: Aug 16, 2020 at 20:29 Quote
Any word on the 2021 vlt line up

O+
Posted: Aug 16, 2020 at 21:50 Quote
Better spec and way better aesthetic, at least to my eyes.

wizard604 wrote:
Any word on the 2021 vlt line up

O+
Posted: Aug 18, 2020 at 20:54 Quote
Pic above looks sweet! From what I understand,the new range will be hsp 29er. They'll bring back the Norco Shore for the 27.5. also a hsp.

FL
Posted: Aug 18, 2020 at 21:54 Quote
I have also seen the previously mentioned photo catalog that is under embargo...

That is indeed the new Range. It will be carbon high single pivot with idler, 29" wheels, and 170mm in the rear paired with either a 170mm Zeb or 38 depending on spec. No geometry has been released as of yet, and they're claiming a spring '21 release.

The Shore is also coming back, from my memory of the photo it was a high pivot with idler, 180mm travel mullet billed as a "free ride/park" bike.

Sight VLT looks massively different, due to a gigantic battery with available range extender.

O+ FL
Posted: Aug 18, 2020 at 22:57 Quote
JShier wrote:
Pic above looks sweet! From what I understand,the new range will be hsp 29er. They'll bring back the Norco Shore for the 27.5. also a hsp.

There's no way the bike posted above is an HSP bike. It's got pivots everywhere! Unless the "s" stands for "several" in this case.

Posted: Aug 19, 2020 at 7:18 Quote
So if the bike above is the new Range, is this the new Shore?

https://p.vitalmtb.com/photos/forums/2020/07/22/9757/s1600_IMG_0386.jpg

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.119345
Mobile Version of Website