Norco Range 2021

PB Forum :: Norco
Norco Range 2021
O+
Posted: Jun 23, 2021 at 8:37 Quote
I have a C3 on order in the states. It’s about $5500 MSRP if I recall. Pretty dam similar spec to the $4400 Cannondale other then the Norco has a better shock.

I think the C2 was $6900 and the C1 was like $8500 if I recall...

Posted: Jun 23, 2021 at 8:56 Quote
birdman2447 wrote:
I have a C3 on order in the states. It’s about $5500 MSRP if I recall. Pretty dam similar spec to the $4400 Cannondale other then the Norco has a better shock.

I think the C2 was $6900 and the C1 was like $8500 if I recall...

So the link form yesterday was wrong…. Thats more reasonable because 7000$ for the cheapest model was just wrong although I would’ve liked to see a deore model so that it can match the cannondale price

Posted: Jun 23, 2021 at 9:02 Quote
Congratulations everyone, you made it. The bike is now live:

https://www.norco.com/bikes/2022/mountain/enduro/range/

Posted: Jun 23, 2021 at 10:29 Quote
norcobicycles wrote:
Congratulation everyone, you made it. The bike is now live:

Can we get some details on how the factory team has been running these bikes in DH races? Longer stroke shock or custom link for more rear travel? Full 200mm fork? Inquiring minds like mine wanna know!

O+
Posted: Jun 23, 2021 at 10:30 Quote
From Norco:

"The Range’s High Virtual Pivot suspension design isolates you from wheel movement with a rearward axle path, refined kinematics and a custom tuned Fox DHX2 Factory Coil shock, while minimizing the effect of braking forces." (emphasis mine).

"The High Virtual Pivot design’s pivot point is not fixed and moves as the suspension cycles. This creates a rearward axle path while controlling its path through suspension travel to provide lower levels of anti-rise than would be possible with a HSP layout of similar axle path. This translates into a suspension that carries momentum exceptionally in rough terrain due to its axle path but remains active under braking to maintain grip and control."

pcledrew wrote:
sdaly wrote:
pcledrew wrote:

Single pivot does not mean literally one pivot on the entire rear triangle. It refers to a bike with its main pivot, or pivot point for the rear swing arm, being the only pivot point around which the rear axle rotates.

VPP, DW link, Switch Infinity, etc all have multiple pivot points around which the rear axle rotates, creating a “virtual” point in space around which the rear axle rotates.

This bike has a High (located) Single (only one) Pivot (rear swing arm / axle pivot point).

Thank you. I gave up

I'm done after this one too.

Lol. Got anything now Paul?

Posted: Jun 23, 2021 at 10:34 Quote
Zaeius wrote:
norcobicycles wrote:

Can we get some details on how the factory team has been running these bikes in DH races? Longer stroke shock or custom link for more rear travel? Full 200mm fork? Inquiring minds like mine wanna know!

During the development process with the Range, we recognized that the traits that made the High Virtual Pivot suspension layout perfect for Enduro would also be well-suited to the performance requirements of a World Cup DH bike.

The bolt-on rear dropout design offered a unique opportunity to adapt the geometry of Range to be appropriate for downhill without the need to alter carbon frame components, (In fact, that’s why you can see the bottle mounts in all those highly-analyzed video stills after the DH proto debuted at Crankworx last summer!) so we designed linkarms specific to downhill that provided the wheel travel and leverage curves required for the demands of World Cup courses and the Norco Factory Team’s fastest riders.

Cheers!

O+
Posted: Jun 23, 2021 at 10:45 Quote
Awesome!

Now the million dollar question... when is Norco expecting to start shipping the new Range to dealers?

norcobicycles wrote:
Zaeius wrote:
norcobicycles wrote:

During the development process with the Range, we recognized that the traits that made the High Virtual Pivot suspension layout perfect for Enduro would also be well-suited to the performance requirements of a World Cup DH bike.

The bolt-on rear dropout design offered a unique opportunity to adapt the geometry of Range to be appropriate for downhill without the need to alter carbon frame components, (In fact, that’s why you can see the bottle mounts in all those highly-analyzed video stills after the DH proto debuted at Crankworx last summer!) so we designed linkarms specific to downhill that provided the wheel travel and leverage curves required for the demands of World Cup courses and the Norco Factory Team’s fastest riders.

Cheers!

O+
Posted: Jun 23, 2021 at 11:23 Quote
birdman2447 wrote:
Awesome!

Now the million dollar question... when is Norco expecting to start shipping the new Range to dealers?

norcobicycles wrote:
Zaeius wrote:

Cheers!

There's a large C2 at my LBS right now.

Posted: Jun 23, 2021 at 13:42 Quote
I’ve never seen Kazimer so stoked on a bike. Now if mine will just materialize…

O+
Posted: Jun 23, 2021 at 14:39 Quote
Bike looks noice! Looking forward to see the Alloy models.

O+
Posted: Jun 23, 2021 at 14:53 Quote
gabdumlao wrote:

photo

Who's gonna tell him guys?

O+
Posted: Jun 23, 2021 at 15:02 Quote
gabdumlao wrote:

Shore might be the option for you.

Posted: Jun 23, 2021 at 15:43 Quote
birdman2447 wrote:
Awesome!

We had bikes in stock at select dealers in Canada and the USA today. More are on their way in the next month or so and further reinforcements towards the end of the summer. Call your local dealer, as they will know their timeline best.

Posted: Jun 23, 2021 at 21:50 Quote
How about the range vlt?

O+
Posted: Jun 23, 2021 at 22:17 Quote
j-t-g wrote:
gabdumlao wrote:

photo

Who's gonna tell him guys?

Just watched the video lol.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.011975
Mobile Version of Website