Norco Range 2021

PB Forum :: Norco
Norco Range 2021
Posted: Jul 23, 2021 at 18:12 Quote
jaydawg69 wrote:
E13 wheels are by far the worst in the market. Norco loves to spec them for some reason.

Norco owns Live to Play who’s a parts distributor for E13. Might be the reason they use E13 wheels on their bikes.

Nice to see they are using WeAreOnes on the C1 Range though. They’re one of the best carbon wheels on the market IMO.

Posted: Jul 23, 2021 at 23:46 Quote
Saw a red C3 in the village stroll today - beautiful bike. Apparently Fanatyk Co is getting some soon, but not sure what build.

Posted: Jul 24, 2021 at 11:27 Quote
AlejoB wrote:
I had my first ride on my large C2 yesterday, this bike is MENTAL!

What a machine it is, coming from a 2019 27.5" YT Capra Al Comp the Range is just on a different planet. The reviews do not exaggerate, this thing picks up speed through chunky tech chunder the way a mario kart picks up speed through a triple arrow speed booster. Overall my biggest complaint is that the hardest local trails now feel a bit boring and easy... The bike is literally TOO GOOD.

Mine also clunks like crazy (I thought to shock was loose for a second) and the GX shifts pretty shittily. The Code R feel like Code R do and need way more stopping power. Will try swapping to 220mm rotors (heard good things about Galfer?) and see if the braking improves. Also, these E13 wheels are known to be trash and I'm just counting the days until I have to replace them. Pretty annoying that I paid almost $9k CAD and feel the need to upgrade the wheels asap (per LBS comments / advice).

Get tire inserts. They are saving my E13 wheels. I ride double black tech and a lot of park. no dents so far this season. I'm also running codes with 220 rotors front and back. Huge difference in modulation and power. If you can find them, upgrade to rsc levers. I have rsc on my dh and R on my Enduro, rsc have a noticable improvement in performance.

Posted: Jul 27, 2021 at 14:47 Quote
Dropper cable clunks heavily in the downtube, and the cable junction above the shock squeaks when suspension compresses. I need to find some foam tubes for silencing the rattle lol.

My XL C3 weighs 39.5lb with no pedals on a bathroom scale. It rides great though Smile

Posted: Jul 28, 2021 at 12:33 Quote
jaydawg69 wrote:
E13 wheels are by far the worst in the market. Norco loves to spec them for some reason.

Because they are cheap as chips and Norco wants to save money?

I’ve run an Ethirteen dropper (snapped the seat clamp off), hubs (seized after two months riding), and two of their rims (dents as big as Mick Jagger’s lips and after a few months of riding are worthless).

Posted: Jul 29, 2021 at 11:20 Quote
quick question for all those who are currently riding a XL Norco Range. how tall are you and did you pick the right size for your height? Thanks!

Posted: Jul 29, 2021 at 11:32 Quote
bikefreak720 wrote:
quick question for all those who are currently riding a XL Norco Range. how tall are you and did you pick the right size for your height? Thanks!

I'm 184cm, ape index +3.5%, XL is good, I have stem with the stock tall topcap and no spacers, and currently flip-flopping between 37 or 60mm riser bar. ETT is pretty damn long though lol. Caveat is I prefer long bikes anyways.

Posted: Jul 29, 2021 at 12:15 Quote
188 cm, definitely the right size. Fit like a glove right away, though I could tell the rear wheel was farther back than I was used to right away. That sensation disappeared about 500mm in to the first descent however.

I am running bars at 780mm, and I had to lower the front end a full spacer worth to get the bike cornering how I like.

I am strongly considering trying the bars even narrower though.

Posted: Jul 29, 2021 at 14:22 Quote
bikefreak720 wrote:
6'3, bars at 790, 1 spacer with that tall topcap, it feels like the right size for me, but I've been riding 90% park since I've gotten it

Posted: Jul 29, 2021 at 19:28 Quote
I have a large on the way, wish there was a way to get a demo on both L and XL. I am 186-187 and currently riding a large Sight with high rise bars and 50mm stem. My last bike was an XL Megatower which fit really well.

With these new Norco's I have sized down, felt the jump from L to XL just a little too big with the Range and Sight, but will be keen to hear how people are going with their size, I could have been a better candidate for an XL.. Hope I am making the right choice.

Anyone with a large Range at a similar height?

Posted: Jul 30, 2021 at 13:02 Quote
So how does the bike compare to the Specialized Enduro?

As for sizing: i am at 180 cm and norco website is recommending L. Does this fit? What is you stem and rings under the stem setup?

With all that rattleing of the dropper cabel an axs will be the best option i think....

This bike looks so great and nice. I want to buy it, but it isn*t avaible in Germany.

Do you know of any facebook groups about norco and that bike?

Last Question ;D : How long is the Headtube of the Fork? will 19,2 cm be enough?

Posted: Aug 10, 2021 at 20:20 Quote
I’m 6 2” and feel perfectly comfortable on the XL. Would not have wanted to go smaller.

I am also facing the same issue with cable rattle and it is bloody annoying. I took it back to the shop and they said they put foam housing on but I still hear the noise.

Other complaint is on tight and sharp angled rock rolls on fromme I am catching and bashing the guard protecting the chainstay links.

Overall super stoked on the bike. It’s a tank but if you have the fitness it will climb like a beast. Rode Lord of the squirrels in Whistler 1500+ meters of elevation with tire inserts. Felt heavy but better then expected.

Posted: Aug 10, 2021 at 21:52 Quote
I think norco is gonna sell a lot of bash guards haha

Posted: Aug 11, 2021 at 13:32 Quote
northshoreshred wrote:
I’m 6 2” and feel perfectly comfortable on the XL. Would not have wanted to go smaller.

I am also facing the same issue with cable rattle and it is bloody annoying. I took it back to the shop and they said they put foam housing on but I still hear the noise.

Other complaint is on tight and sharp angled rock rolls on fromme I am catching and bashing the guard protecting the chainstay links.

Overall super stoked on the bike. It’s a tank but if you have the fitness it will climb like a beast. Rode Lord of the squirrels in Whistler 1500+ meters of elevation with tire inserts. Felt heavy but better then expected.

I had an old rimpact insert that i slid in the downtube, rattle is now gone... but i do still have a little chainslap sound on the seatstay guard will probably try to cut them a little smaller to see if it could help. My guard on the chainstay link is already destroyed i hope Norco has spare.....

Posted: Aug 11, 2021 at 14:12 Quote
I've got a C3 XL reserved and ready for pickup, I don't think lm taking it. Anybody interested in taking my place in line? I'm going to check it out tomorrow or Friday Aug 12th or 13th. Let me know asap.

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.006449
Mobile Version of Website