Norco Range 2021

PB Forum :: Norco
Norco Range 2021
Posted: Sep 21, 2021 at 20:26 Quote
Anyone have any comparisons to the Dreadnought? Also how does this bike jump and man made jumps? Not too concerned about popping off little things on the trail Does the size and weight throw you off in the air?

Posted: Sep 21, 2021 at 21:18 Quote
Habaden wrote:
Anyone have any comparisons to the Dreadnought? Also how does this bike jump and man made jumps? Not too concerned about popping off little things on the trail Does the size and weight throw you off in the air?

It jumps superbly well because of how well balanced it is, and their size guide is pretty true to size. I picked up a medium and though for years I've preferred riding a large frame; I am very happy to be on a medium. All I did compared to their Rider Aligned program was that I changed out the stock 40mm length stem for a 50mm and added an additional stem spacer as I enjoy being able to pick up my front end and manual whenever I want to.

Posted: Sep 21, 2021 at 21:56 Quote
Habaden wrote:

Seemingly jumps really well, but I downsized to a medium despite being well into the Large according to the RideAligned. Glad I didn’t go with the large, would have been way too much bike.

Posted: Sep 22, 2021 at 13:47 Quote
What are peoples thoughts about replacing their DH bikes with the Range. I recently had my Canyon Sender stolen and like the thought of something almost as capable but could pedal. I would still have a dedicated trail bike which is a Norco Sight. Main riding would be done in the Cumberland area of Vancouver Island with many days at Mt Prevost, Mt Washington, Whistler, Shuttles in Squamish.

Essentially I would not be pedaling this bike much but may from time to time.

Posted: Sep 22, 2021 at 16:54 Quote
launchrider wrote:
What are peoples thoughts about replacing their DH bikes with the Range. I recently had my Canyon Sender stolen and like the thought of something almost as capable but could pedal. I would still have a dedicated trail bike which is a Norco Sight. Main riding would be done in the Cumberland area of Vancouver Island with many days at Mt Prevost, Mt Washington, Whistler, Shuttles in Squamish.

I can't speak for the range but I have a specialized Enduro 170mm and it absolutely it not the same as a DH. I own a commencal supreme for riding park and really gnarly areas like cypress (similar to prevost). A 170+ Enduro can do everything a DH can but it just comes down to personal preference.

Posted: Sep 23, 2021 at 1:40 Quote
Anyone riding size medium care to share there seat heights(centre of bb to top of saddle) and how much seat post is out of the frame.
Cheers

Posted: Sep 23, 2021 at 6:26 Quote
mitch148 wrote:
Anyone riding size medium care to share there seat heights(centre of bb to top of saddle) and how much seat post is out of the frame.
Cheers

170mm dropper with not quite 2 inches out of the frame. I started with my seatpost slammed into the frame, but found that to be not enough and raised it up an inch, but still found that not enough at sag. So I raised it again and currently found that to be much more agreeable.

Posted: Sep 23, 2021 at 13:39 Quote
austenselk wrote:
mitch148 wrote:
Cheers

170mm dropper with not quite 2 inches out of the frame. I started with my seatpost slammed into the frame, but found that to be not enough and raised it up an inch, but still found that not enough at sag. So I raised it again and currently found that to be much more agreeable.

What's your seat height measurement? Please

Posted: Sep 23, 2021 at 14:12 Quote
mitch148 wrote:
austenselk wrote:
mitch148 wrote:
Cheers

Inseam measurement would be more accurate.
Example..... I'm 6'1" with 32" inseam, big portion to my height is in my torso!

Posted: Sep 23, 2021 at 14:55 Quote
mitch148 wrote:
austenselk wrote:
mitch148 wrote:
Cheers

28 inches give or take.

Posted: Sep 23, 2021 at 18:57 Quote
ThunderChunk wrote:
launchrider wrote:

I can't speak for the range but I have a specialized Enduro 170mm and it absolutely it not the same as a DH. I own a commencal supreme for riding park and really gnarly areas like cypress (similar to prevost). A 170+ Enduro can do everything a DH can but it just comes down to personal preference.

The Range is Dual Crown compatible and the Factory team have been using it for the EWS so nothing really stopping you from shoving a DC up front for park days and swapping it out for a single for pedals..

Having a Range and a Sight seems a bit too much overlap though.

Posted: Sep 23, 2021 at 20:30 Quote
Dwarfmarine wrote:
ThunderChunk wrote:
launchrider wrote:

The Range is Dual Crown compatible and the Factory team have been using it for the EWS so nothing really stopping you from shoving a DC up front for park days and swapping it out for a single for pedals..

Having a Range and a Sight seems a bit too much overlap though.

Or just commit to the dual crown if you mostly run the bike for shuttles and lifts, and pedal it with the dual crown. The geo won’t be any different and the weight is not worth the hassle of swapping a fork for different trail styles.

Posted: Sep 23, 2021 at 20:36 Quote
Rode nearly four hours today’s on a lot of varied terrain, and even with a crash with a descent still of 20 to 15 minutes after I picked myself up, the Range kept me from experiencing the worst of the trail (though I wasn’t able to ride as fast as I would’ve preferred and I was gritting my teeth dealing with the pain) I managed to still enjoy myself throughout the ride and still very much enjoy the Range as my only bike.

Posted: Sep 28, 2021 at 15:12 Quote
Has anyone tried to make a rear fender for the range with any success? With how the rear triangle shifts under compression it might be tricky.

The stock fender that blocks the shock from debris doesn't seem to cut it. That zone has been getting blasted with debris when riding in the wet.

Curious to see if anyone has figured out a fender.

Posted: Sep 29, 2021 at 1:08 Quote
Has anyone already tried to ride the Range with an air shock? Norco states it’s designed for coil only, but nevertheless curiosity is curiosity! Big Grin

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.006590
Mobile Version of Website