Norco Range 2021

PB Forum :: Norco
Norco Range 2021
| Next Page
Posted: Oct 12, 2021 at 8:36 Quote
Habaden wrote:
What tire combos are you guys running for the rainy season? Sticking with the Assegai/Dissector? I want to try the new Schwalbe compounds but they are chonky for weight

Ass guy + dhr2 all year long.

Posted: Oct 12, 2021 at 20:37 Quote
I kind of like the new specialized t9 tires

Posted: 3 days ago Quote
austenselk wrote:
Hero dirt yesterday!!!

Hey man, any comparison to your previous sb165, what is better, what is worse, how does the suspension performance differ? Wondering if the time is right to sell the 165 and the Range was one of the bikes I was looking at. Is it worth the sell do you think?

Dan, Dan, Dan…

Since I had my 165 in a mullet setup with 160mm fork, and all of the same components… BUT! Compared to a Rockshox ZEB, and a heavier spring weight.

Let me get back to you on that.

danielomeara wrote:
Habaden wrote:
What tire combos are you guys running for the rainy season? Sticking with the Assegai/Dissector? I want to try the new Schwalbe compounds but they are chonky for weight

Ass guy + dhr2 all year long.

Dang right. Maxxgrips ready for the wet season.

Building this trail years ago these beams would shine through often and signal time for a shot of whiskey. It s a cold dark and foggy part of the mountain my favorite.

Destroyed a tire on Friday as I went off my intended line choice. Oh well! Got out for an excellent few hours with good friends and I am still impressed and happy with the Norco Range.

Posted: 1 days ago Quote
Hello,

Does anyone see wear of their idler?

I wonder how are the capacities if it wears off. Getting the frame is hard, probably getting parts for the bike will even be harder?

Further question i have is: if i use raceface cranks which spindle do i need. The braket is pressfit bb92, do you recommend to change it to a race face one?

CheerSmile

Daveproride wrote:
Hello,

I wonder how are the capacities if it wears off. Getting the frame is hard, probably getting parts for the bike will even be harder?

Further question i have is: if i use raceface cranks which spindle do i need. The braket is pressfit bb92, do you recommend to change it to a race face one?

CheerSmile

Idler wear, yeah that is a potential problem. Mine is pretty noisy after a few rain rides, might be due for a bearing soon. If you are in Germany, get a Geometron G1 instead.

RaceFace BB92 30mm. You’ll have to scrap the inner sleeve between the two bearings, it won’t fit through the BB due to the massive bearing there.

Daveproride wrote:
Hello,

CheerSmile

While it's not under the initial load of pedaling it definitely wears down. The bearing can be pressed out. Since you're in Europe I'd agree, a Geometron would be my preferred choice as well.

Daveproride wrote:
Hello,

CheerSmile

I’ve put in a lot of KM’s on my range now, not seeing very much wear on my idler. I have seen other Range owners idlers with lots of the anodizing removed from the teeth.

Since I got the bike I’ve tried to keep my chain as clean as possible, usually after every ride I’ll give it a quick clean before storage. At the same time I give the idler a wipe down on both sides. Typically, after a few rides especially if they’re wet and muddy, I’ll pop the idler out to give it a deep clean. The idler is actually really easy to remove, so I’d suggest take it off every few rides to give it some attention.

Something I noticed the first time I removed the idler from the bike to clean it, was the bearing felt very notchy. I found that weird since I’d only put maybe 100km or less on it at the time. I quickly pushed the bearing out to inspect it and once it was out of the idler it was smooth as any brand new bearing. When pushed back into the idler it was notchy again. This tells me that either the bearing itself has some kind of misalignment or the machining of the idler is off and when the bearing is pushed into the recess it’s being compressed unevenly.

To remedy this I’ve re packed some thicker grease into the bearing which has quieted some of the notchy feeling but not entirely. To be fair I don’t notice this notchy feeling when the idler is on the bike, doesn’t effect function is any way.

Posted: 23 hours ago Quote
maxwharin1 wrote:
Daveproride wrote:
Hello,

CheerSmile

I’ve put in a lot of KM’s on my range now, not seeing very much wear on my idler. I have seen other Range owners idlers with lots of the anodizing removed from the teeth.

Since I got the bike I’ve tried to keep my chain as clean as possible, usually after every ride I’ll give it a quick clean before storage. At the same time I give the idler a wipe down on both sides. Typically, after a few rides especially if they’re wet and muddy, I’ll pop the idler out to give it a deep clean. The idler is actually really easy to remove, so I’d suggest take it off every few rides to give it some attention.

Something I noticed the first time I removed the idler from the bike to clean it, was the bearing felt very notchy. I found that weird since I’d only put maybe 100km or less on it at the time. I quickly pushed the bearing out to inspect it and once it was out of the idler it was smooth as any brand new bearing. When pushed back into the idler it was notchy again. This tells me that either the bearing itself has some kind of misalignment or the machining of the idler is off and when the bearing is pushed into the recess it’s being compressed unevenly.

To remedy this I’ve re packed some thicker grease into the bearing which has quieted some of the notchy feeling but not entirely. To be fair I don’t notice this notchy feeling when the idler is on the bike, doesn’t effect function is any way.

To be fair…

The anodizing on the idler does get worn off easily. I clean my drivetrain at least as often as yourself, and I’ve found all of the individual components to roll smoothly.

Compared to my Forbidden Druid when combined with the e13 lower idler and guide, it felt much more slower on any grade of climbing. So much so that I couldn’t justify keeping it and sold it within two weeks of picking it up from another rider here on Pinkbike. I am still under the impression that the Norco Range is a comfortable climber and I have not hesitated with any climb that I am faced with, and oh the sweet joy that is felt when you achieve the ascent and then get to enjoy the descent.

The Range has been the first bike that I’ve ever had to where I actually don’t think about what to change or upgrade on it (besides tires and psi in said tires to achieve that perfect balance of grip, rolling speed, and enthusiasm when on the bike.) Haven’t cared what kind of trail I put myself on, be it easy and flowing or hard and technical (actually have to think about line choice as you’re descending at mock speeds) the Norco Range is my kind of bike.

The geometry is aggressive enough that suits my preferences of how it handles itself on the mountain, and it’s climbing characteristics are enjoyable and can overcome any climb at a speed that is consistent with most of us riders out there (it’s hard to quantify climbing as a lot if not all of it comes down to the individual rider and their preferences of how and how long they want a climb to take. It would be incredible to be able to take the time and try to ride with a group of us and see how each individuals riding style and body language shows itself on trails. I dislike reviews done with POV footage as it doesn’t portray the rider or the terrain accurately. Most of those videos lose the terrain and make trails looks flat.

Stay safe out there boys, and keep riding the brown pow!

| Next Page

Active Forum Threads
1 mins ago - Black Money Cleaning SSD Chemicals suppliers +27735257866 in South Africa,Zambia,Zimbabwe,Botswana
1 mins ago - Trek Slash 2021 ?
2 mins ago - Burnaby Biking
5 mins ago - Crank question…need a little help
18 mins ago - Old Riders....But not "Old School"
27 mins ago - All Things Meta 29er!
33 mins ago - Osta gamma-butyrolaktoni GBL verkossa, Osta fenyyliasetoni verkosta, (BMX)
33 mins ago - Kjøp gamma-butyrolakton GBL online, kjøp fenylaceton online, kjøp GBL online, (BMX)
33 mins ago - Cumpărați gamma butirolactonă GBL online, Cumpărați fenilacetonă online, (BMX)
34 mins ago - Køb gamma butyrolacton GBL online, Køb Phenylacetone online, Køb GBL online, (BMX)
34 mins ago - Nakupujte gama butyrolakton GBL online, Nakupujte fenylaceton online, (BMX)
34 mins ago - Kup gamma butyrolakton GBL online, Kup fenyloaceton online, Kup GBL online, (BMX)
34 mins ago - Köp gamma-butyrolakton GBL online, Köp fenylaceton online, köp GBL online, (BMX)
35 mins ago - Compre gamma butirolactona GBL en línea, compre fenilacetona en línea, (BMX)
35 mins ago - Compre gama butirolactona GBL online, compre fenilacetona online, compre GBL online, (BMX)
36 mins ago - Acquista gamma butirrolattone GBL online, Acquista fenilacetone online, Acquista GBL online, (BMX)
36 mins ago - Gamma-Butyrolacton GBL online kaufen, Phenylaceton online kaufen, GBL online kaufen, (BMX)
37 mins ago - Acheter du gamma butyrolactone GBL en ligne, Acheter de la phénylacétone en ligne, (BMX)
37 mins ago - Koop gamma-butyrolacton GBL online, Koop Fenylaceton online, Koop GBL online, Koop GHB online, (BMX)
37 mins ago - Buy gamma butyrolactone GBL online, Buy Phenylacetone online, Buy GBL online, (BMX)
38 mins ago - Osta botox -injektio verkossa, osta bocouture verkossa, osta dysport -ratkaisuja verkosta,
41 mins ago - Kjøp botox -injeksjon online, kjøp bocouture online, kjøp dysportløsninger online,
41 mins ago - Cumpărați injecție botox online, cumpărați bocouture online, cumpărați soluții disport online,
42 mins ago - Køb botox -injektion online, køb bocouture online, køb dysportløsninger online,
42 mins ago - Nakupujte injekci botoxu online, nakupujte bocouture online, kupujte řešení dysport online,

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.007110
Mobile Version of Website