Norco Range 2021

PB Forum :: Norco
Norco Range 2021
Posted: Oct 24, 2021 at 7:08 Quote
UncleCliffy wrote:
Habaden wrote:
Anyone put a tailored ride wrap on your frame? Did you skip the downtube piece or just remove the included downtube protection rubber and clear protection in favor of the ridewrap?
I just had my bike covered with X-pel film by a professional clear-bra installer. He removed the shuttle pad and down tube guard, and then re-glued them over the film. He used an adhesive primer to help them stick.

How much did that cost? Would much rather have someone else install it for me haha

Posted: Oct 24, 2021 at 10:11 Quote
Habaden wrote:
UncleCliffy wrote:
Habaden wrote:
Anyone put a tailored ride wrap on your frame? Did you skip the downtube piece or just remove the included downtube protection rubber and clear protection in favor of the ridewrap?
I just had my bike covered with X-pel film by a professional clear-bra installer. He removed the shuttle pad and down tube guard, and then re-glued them over the film. He used an adhesive primer to help them stick.

How much did that cost? Would much rather have someone else install it for me haha

It’s like $250-$300 CAD to install protective wraps.

Posted: Oct 24, 2021 at 10:35 Quote
danielomeara wrote:
Habaden wrote:
UncleCliffy wrote:

I hear ya, it’s ridiculous.

Posted: Oct 24, 2021 at 11:03 Quote
danielomeara wrote:
Habaden wrote:
UncleCliffy wrote:

Pricey! This wrap actually went on better than others I’ve tried. Just have the downtube piece left. However the pieces are definitely not perfect fitting as they usually are. Really noticeable in the headtube with almost a 1 inch gap on the bottom.

Posted: Oct 24, 2021 at 22:15 Quote
Managed to strip one of the teeth on my idler pulley. Luckily when I called my LBS they checked with Norco and they have them in stock! Had my LBS file down the tooth and I'll keep riding it till the new pulley shows up.

Posted: Oct 25, 2021 at 7:59 Quote
Habaden wrote:
UncleCliffy wrote:
Habaden wrote:

I was about $300 US. Almost all of the frame is covered though so it’s worth it to me. No bubbles or visible seams either.

Posted: Oct 25, 2021 at 12:47 Quote
C1 range delayed another 3months in Australia!! Fwark!!

Posted: Oct 25, 2021 at 13:29 Quote
austenselk wrote:
Managed to strip one of the teeth on my idler pulley. Luckily when I called my LBS they checked with Norco and they have them in stock! Had my LBS file down the tooth and I'll keep riding it till the new pulley shows up.

How did that happen? Did it seem like regular wear and tear?

Posted: Oct 25, 2021 at 14:25 Quote
loulew wrote:
austenselk wrote:

How did that happen? Did it seem like regular wear and tear?

Definitely not regular wear and tear haha. I think my chain alignment was off a bit and it took its toll.

Posted: Oct 26, 2021 at 14:05 Quote
I reached out to Mic Williams at WRP and asked about the possibility of him creating custom 2022 Range drop-outs for a mullet set-up.

He said it's very likely that he will be making some but he's waiting to borrow the stock set of the drop-outs to take measurements.

If anyone in AUS wants to help speed up this process they should reach out to Mic on Instagram to see about sending him your drop-outs for a few days. (@williamsracingproducts) He's a nice guy and typically quick at responding to those who reach out to him on Instagram.

https://www.williamsracingproducts.com/shop/p/supreme-mullet-dropouts

WRP Dropouts PB forum

Posted: Oct 26, 2021 at 14:14 Quote
maxwharin1 wrote:
I reached out to Mic Williams at WRP and asked about the possibility of him creating custom 2022 Range drop-outs for a mullet set-up.

He said it's very likely that he will be making some but he's waiting to borrow the stock set of the drop-outs to take measurements.

If anyone in AUS wants to help speed up this process they should reach out to Mic on Instagram to see about sending him your drop-outs for a few days. (@williamsracingproducts) He's a nice guy and typically quick at responding to those who reach out to him on Instagram.

WRP Dropouts PB forum

I actually have an extra set of s/m dropouts kicking around.

Posted: Oct 26, 2021 at 14:33 Quote
danielomeara wrote:
maxwharin1 wrote:

WRP Dropouts PB forum

I actually have an extra set of s/m dropouts kicking around.

Hit him up! He said to me that if someone lends him the part he'd give them the product for free when finished. Pretty good deal since custom machined drop-outs definitely aren't cheap.

Posted: Oct 30, 2021 at 18:49 Quote

Finally got my frame set built up. Really happy with how it turned out! Only issue I’ve come across is crank compatibility. It seems as though the Range is built around wider q-factor cranks. I’m running the normal boost 9100 XTR cranks and there’s like 1mm of clearance between the seat stays and cranks. Definitely gonna have to swap out to something wider before I take this on a ride.

Posted: Oct 31, 2021 at 10:08 Quote
So if i want to use my raceface cranks do i need to change something?

I also have a pair of descandant carbon here. But i din*t know about offset and stuff.

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.009620
Mobile Version of Website