Posted: Dec 10, 2021 at 10:57 Quote
Oh i am sorry

Which headset would you ppl recommend?

O+
Posted: Dec 10, 2021 at 11:40 Quote
Daveproride wrote:
Oh i am sorry

Which headset would you ppl recommend?

Nukeproof sells some very high quality and well priced headsets.

Posted: Dec 10, 2021 at 21:39 Quote
does anyone know what the correct tool for the bottom bracket cups is on the new range?

Posted: Dec 11, 2021 at 0:49 Quote
Hi,

I don*t know the right tool.

Is it correct that the bottom bracket is screwed on on side and the other is pressed?

Did anyone rode a fox 38 180 mm on the front? Is it still ok?

I have a 170 mm but it is on my girlfriends bike, don*t want to screw her setup up.

Any recommendations for a pressfit tool?

My frame arrived yesterday a little earlier than christmasSmile

Thanks!

Posted: Dec 11, 2021 at 5:05 Quote
Which ride wrap foil you recommend?

Gloss or matt?

Greetings

Posted: Dec 11, 2021 at 7:42 Quote
For c1 or c3 go with a Gloss RideWrap, for c2 go Matte.

O+
Posted: Dec 13, 2021 at 9:35 Quote
das87 wrote:
does anyone know what the correct tool for the bottom bracket cups is on the new range?

This is the tool you need, there may be other cheaper options but make sure they are the same diameter, most 16 notch are smaller diameter.
https://www.parktool.com/product/bottom-bracket-tool-16-notch-bbt-47-16?category=Crank%20%26%20Bottom%20Bracket

Posted: Dec 13, 2021 at 11:26 Quote
Hey,

Have posted a Range 2022 specific thread in the 'UK' section but figured I may have more luck here, as from what I gather it has a lot of discussion on the 2022 Range.

Been out of riding about 11 years now. Looking to get back to it, have still got my old Norco which has maybe 3 stock parts left on it....

Have set myself on a Norco Range C3 2022. Been picking up bits and pieces of info of supply issues and just the whole world generally being a little all over the place.

Does anyone here know Norco's stance in the UK? They were kinda hard work back when I was first involved. I can only find 2 sites which seem more like bicycle supermarkets rather than the preferred small LBS that seem to stock anything Norco. I can always contact the 2 and obviously ask the question or with any luck put my name on one.

However rather than get a typical salesman response I'd prefer to speak to people who are actively involved in the scene and have a more down to earth tell on what is going on.

Appreciate any helpful responses.

Thanks!

Posted: Dec 13, 2021 at 12:20 Quote
Norco-Ali wrote:
Hey,

Have posted a Range 2022 specific thread in the 'UK' section but figured I may have more luck here, as from what I gather it has a lot of discussion on the 2022 Range.

Been out of riding about 11 years now. Looking to get back to it, have still got my old Norco which has maybe 3 stock parts left on it....

Have set myself on a Norco Range C3 2022. Been picking up bits and pieces of info of supply issues and just the whole world generally being a little all over the place.

Does anyone here know Norco's stance in the UK? They were kinda hard work back when I was first involved. I can only find 2 sites which seem more like bicycle supermarkets rather than the preferred small LBS that seem to stock anything Norco. I can always contact the 2 and obviously ask the question or with any luck put my name on one.

However rather than get a typical salesman response I'd prefer to speak to people who are actively involved in the scene and have a more down to earth tell on what is going on.

Appreciate any helpful responses.

Thanks!

There’s a few online sales that you could be lucky in perhaps finding something. Fanatikbike.com is one and the other jensonusa.com

I do know there’s an XL frame set that a guy is selling here on pinkbike for $3200, and there’s a few complete builds as well. Just ask if you’re looking here on Pinkbike as we all ride and we’re all genuine people (aka not robots.)

Posted: Dec 14, 2021 at 15:23 Quote
Winter has set in… I am sad. Last time I rode was a week ago.

Question for you all, do you feel as if you’re moving slower while riding your Range. Then you catch up to another rider whose also descending and without even trying to?

This has happened a few times now and I’m not doing different compared to the rider or friends who are in front of me. I just know that I will catch them.

Posted: Dec 14, 2021 at 16:45 Quote
austenselk wrote:
Winter has set in… I am sad. Last time I rode was a week ago.

Question for you all, do you feel as if you’re moving slower while riding your Range. Then you catch up to another rider whose also descending and without even trying to?

This has happened a few times now and I’m not doing different compared to the rider or friends who are in front of me. I just know that I will catch them.

Yes, this is a thing.

O+
Posted: Dec 14, 2021 at 21:24 Quote
Sure, but it's just a thing that happens to good riders. Doesn't matter what bike we're on. You ride long enough, improve, etc, and pretty soon compared to the rest of the field, you're half-decent!

Posted: Dec 15, 2021 at 11:46 Quote
Any Range owners here who've ridden with both flats and clips, your opinion based on the HVP and does it work well for flat pedal riders in the rough? I've just been doing clips, but I have been curious.

O+
Posted: Dec 15, 2021 at 12:22 Quote
austenselk wrote:
Any Range owners here who've ridden with both flats and clips, your opinion based on the HVP and does it work well for flat pedal riders in the rough? I've just been doing clips, but I have been curious.

I've never rode clipped in, something I'd like to learn one day, but I've not had any problems with feet staying on the pedals during rough descents so far. If anything I've felt less pedal kickback compared to my SB130

Posted: Dec 16, 2021 at 4:34 Quote
Which cranks would you recommend for the range?

Probably something leightweight…?

Further does the idler have like 0.5 mm play sideways?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.010042
Mobile Version of Website