Norco Range 2021

PB Forum :: Norco
Norco Range 2021
Posted: Oct 8, 2020 at 10:49 Quote
I pre-ordered the shore last week. Super stoked. I hope it has a water bottle mount!

O+
Posted: Oct 8, 2020 at 11:00 Quote
Muchogusto wrote:
I pre-ordered the shore last week. Super stoked. I hope it has a water bottle mount!

Did they give you the specs on it?

O+ FL
Posted: Oct 8, 2020 at 12:34 Quote
Muchogusto wrote:

You probably won’t get the reference because you aren’t an Aussie,
But....

Tell us the price, son!

O+
Posted: Oct 8, 2020 at 17:19 Quote
noplacelikeloam wrote:
j-t-g wrote:
Great, now that the cat's out of the bag.... get your own thread, Shore people!

But now we know thats the Shore, we also know what the Range is.

It’ll be very similar!

Posted: Oct 9, 2020 at 0:30 Quote
I pre-ordered both. It’ll be a while until the 29er makes it to market.

Posted: Oct 13, 2020 at 9:00 Quote
I need help, should I buy a YT capra AL 2017 or a Norco range A2 2020? Both are used and at the same price, the range was a rent for a bike shop but seller says nothing is bad with it and runs smooth

O+ FL
Posted: Oct 14, 2020 at 9:19 Quote
https://flowmountainbike.com/post-all/2021-norco-shore-first-look/

Looks like all of the speculation may have been wrong-
No word on a Range, simply two different versions of the Shore instead (One "All-Mountain" and one Lift access "Park")

Both with features we all spotted in the spy shots - Big/Small cassettes, Dropper/No-dropper, Single/Dual Crown

O+ FL
Posted: Oct 14, 2020 at 9:40 Quote
Do you seriously think they'll give them both the same name when the current range hasn't seen an update in a couple years? The carbon bike is clearly different.

O+ FL
Posted: Oct 14, 2020 at 11:26 Quote
Dwarfmarine wrote:

No word on a Range, simply two different versions of the Shore instead (One "All-Mountain" and one Lift access "Park")

Both with features we all spotted in the spy shots - Big/Small cassettes, Dropper/No-dropper, Single/Dual Crown

I'm trusting what Tayrob is saying in this thread. He 100% predicted the specs of the Shore a month and a half ago.

Tayrob wrote:
From what I heard/saw the Shore will be dedicated 27.5.
There will be two models, though. One will have a wide range 12 speed drive chain, dropper post, and single crown fork. It will have 180mm travel front and rear.
The other one will be billed as a "park" bike and will use the same frame, but come with a 7 speed drive chain, straight seat post and a dual crown fork. It will use a longer stroke shock to get 190mm of rear travel with 200mm up front.

If he's right I'm for sure going to hold out for the Range since I prefer 29er and my Sight VLT is my trail bike now. Wonder what he meant by the Sight VLT being different with massive battery? The url here used to have /2020 but now has /2021 and its the same spec as the C2 I own. https://www.norco.com/bikes/2021/e-mountain/e-all-mountain/sight-vlt-29/sight-vlt-c2-29/

Posted: Oct 14, 2020 at 11:33 Quote
coletrane-mtb wrote:
Dwarfmarine wrote:

I'm trusting what Tayrob is saying in this thread. He 100% predicted the specs of the Shore a month and a half ago.

Tayrob wrote:
From what I heard/saw the Shore will be dedicated 27.5.
There will be two models, though. One will have a wide range 12 speed drive chain, dropper post, and single crown fork. It will have 180mm travel front and rear.
The other one will be billed as a "park" bike and will use the same frame, but come with a 7 speed drive chain, straight seat post and a dual crown fork. It will use a longer stroke shock to get 190mm of rear travel with 200mm up front.

If he's right I'm for sure going to hold out for the Range since I prefer 29er and my Sight VLT is my trail bike now. Wonder what he meant by the Sight VLT being different with massive battery? The url here used to have /2020 but now has /2021 and its the same spec as the C2 I own. https://www.norco.com/bikes/2021/e-mountain/e-all-mountain/sight-vlt-29/sight-vlt-c2-29/

I think the 2021 catalog has been out for a month and a half, which features both new bikes.

O+
Posted: Oct 14, 2020 at 14:21 Quote
mrmm8900 wrote:
I need help, should I buy a YT capra AL 2017 or a Norco range A2 2020? Both are used and at the same price, the range was a rent for a bike shop but seller says nothing is bad with it and runs smooth

I used to ride a 2017 Range A7.3 and it was great especially after a few upgrades. I'd say the two bikes you're looking at are comparable except the obvious which is that one is 3 years newer. With that will come boost on the rear axel, 12 speed instead of 11 and probably a more slack geometry. The YT on the other hand has better components but they're 3 years older (GX derailleur instead of SX, Raceface Cockpit instead of OEM Norco, e-thirteen dropper over Trans X to name a few). Both have 4 piston brakes and 200 mm rotors which is good although I can't comment on how Sram Guide R compares to OEM Shimano, I would GUESS probably better).

FL
Posted: Oct 14, 2020 at 21:38 Quote
The VLT will look nothing like the current one.
The shock will be up high, below the top tube to make room for a large battery (700 watt hour approximately, if I remember right ) and will have an available range extender to add another couple hundred watt hour getting you damn near 1000 watt hour worth of battery. Geometry remains mostly the same, like I said, it's just wrapped up in a much different looking package. You will also have the ability to choose from a few different battery sizes, and they have switched to the same batter plug as Specialized. You'll likely hear about that bike around the holidays/new year, but won't see them in shops until spring.

O+
Posted: Oct 23, 2020 at 3:58 Quote
So are there specs and dates on the Range yet?
Also, that photo with the low slung shock and double crown, how certain is it that it's the new Range and not a dedicated DH rig? Thanks

Posted: Oct 24, 2020 at 0:13 Quote
tomrob1984 wrote:
So are there specs and dates on the Range yet?
Also, that photo with the low slung shock and double crown, how certain is it that it's the new Range and not a dedicated DH rig? Thanks
Looks a lot more like a new Aurum to me, and not a new Range. The shock’s compressed up to a point in this photo and still looks long. In my view they’d keep the vertical shock placement for the next Range in order to keep the design similar to the Sight and the Shore. Smile

Posted: Oct 25, 2020 at 3:33 Quote
photo

I'm new to the Pinkbike forums but I found this on what I believe was the Vital MTB Tech Rumors thread a while back. I'm not sure what page it was on or who the original post was by, but it is the 2021 Norco Range.

As for anyone who still believes otherwise, check the Norco website and see what bikes are yet to have a 2021 lineup. (*Hint* Its the Norco Range)

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.026241
Mobile Version of Website