Norco Range 2021

PB Forum :: Norco
Norco Range 2021
Posted: Dec 16, 2021 at 5:55 Quote
My idler has zero play side to side. I chose the raceface atlas crank when I upgraded my c3 because it was affordable, strong and lighter than the stock shimano crank

Posted: Dec 16, 2021 at 10:11 Quote
Daveproride wrote:
Which cranks would you recommend for the range?

Probably something leightweight…?

Further does the idler have like 0.5 mm play sideways?
Idler shouldn’t have any play. There should be a smaller washer/spacer that sits behind it

Posted: Dec 17, 2021 at 2:31 Quote
https://m.pinkbike.com/photo/21803354/

Is this normal that the nearing is so exposed?

Thanks for the input

Posted: Dec 17, 2021 at 2:32 Quote

Is this normal that the bearing is so exposed?

Thanks for the input

Posted: Dec 17, 2021 at 5:49 Quote
Daveproride wrote:

Is this normal that the bearing is so exposed

Yes, plenty of other frames like that. I’ve been riding my Range in the wet for months (this was the all time record for most rain in Bellingham WA for November at 14.5”, the previous record was 11.5” set in 1990) and I wash my bike after every ride. I’ve had zero issues with bearings thus far.

What is noticeable in the wet/sloppy conditions is the audible increase in chain drag with an idler pulley. To clarify, I don’t feel it per se, but the chain itself is noticeably louder with the sound of grit than any non-idler bike I’ve ridden. Maybe it’s having a longer chain. Maybe it’s the addition of another pulley. I won’t speculate, but the sound is obvious. Also, I’ve broken two Eagle chains already on this bike in 3.5 months. That seems unusual, especially for the “off season”.

Posted: Dec 20, 2021 at 9:41 Quote
Hello,

I am making some progress!

When i use a 34t chainring from sram which offset do i need? It is written 6mm on the chainring but the chain isn*t runnig smoothly straight then. Any hints?

Cheers and thank you

Posted: Dec 20, 2021 at 10:06 Quote
Daveproride wrote:
Hello,

I am making some progress!

When i use a 34t chainring from sram which offset do i need? It is written 6mm on the chainring but the chain isn*t runnig smoothly straight then. Any hints?

Cheers and thank you

6mm is what you’d use if you had 142mm rear end with an eagle drivetrain. You need a 3mm offset for a standard 148 rear end. Assuming you’re using SRAM.

Posted: Dec 20, 2021 at 10:28 Quote
Ah thank you very much sir!

Posted: Dec 22, 2021 at 10:14 Quote
Daveproride wrote:
Hi,

Would you recommend 165 mm cranks or 170? Wirh the enduro i hab many pedalstrickes. Don*t want to be the same on the norco.

My frame arrived and i will report soon with pictures my story with that bike!

Big Grin

I have a Large C1 that came with 170mm and I pedal strike pretty frequently when climbing. I ordered some 5 DEV 7075 cranks in 160mm. They are gorgeous, have a lower profile and they are shorter but I'll probably still pedal strike.

Posted: Dec 22, 2021 at 11:26 Quote
Where do you live? What do your local trails entail?

Posted: Dec 22, 2021 at 21:31 Quote
cbursi13 wrote:
Daveproride wrote:
Hi,

Would you recommend 165 mm cranks or 170? Wirh the enduro i hab many pedalstrickes. Don*t want to be the same on the norco.

My frame arrived and i will report soon with pictures my story with that bike!

Big Grin

I have a Large C1 that came with 170mm and I pedal strike pretty frequently when climbing. I ordered some 5 DEV 7075 cranks in 160mm. They are gorgeous, have a lower profile and they are shorter but I'll probably still pedal strike.

Had many pedalstrikes with my speci enduro too, was hoping this would get better.

I will fist try the 170 mm and will change maybe if there are too many.

I am nearly finishing my build. Is there a relible way to find out how my chain needs to be? I have a large so i think i need the whole chain? (Read that somewhere)

Any hints? Thanks!

Posted: Dec 26, 2021 at 0:50 Quote
Has anyone checked all the bolts? Is there loctite everywhere as requested?
On my frieds sight there was nothing at all...
I have only checked the 4 screws from the dropouts on my frameset, and there was loctide on it.

Posted: Dec 26, 2021 at 4:10 Quote
On my frame everywhere was white locite. It is very very strong! Relasing the bolts was not that easy.

Posted: Dec 26, 2021 at 13:49 Quote
Mh79 wrote:
Has anyone checked all the bolts? Is there loctite everywhere as requested?
On my frieds sight there was nothing at all...
I have only checked the 4 screws from the dropouts on my frameset, and there was loctide on it.

Norco requires their dealers to disassemble and re-loctite the linkage hardware on bikes like the Range. I wouldn't be surprised if some dealers ignore this, so it'd be a good bet to ask whether it's been done at the shop you buy from.

Posted: Dec 26, 2021 at 14:04 Quote
Does anybody have a good grasp on how the bottom bracket assembly works on this bike? I’ve been looking at the exploded view but still can’t wrap my head around it. (I’ve also never had a press fit bottom bracket.)

I want to eventually change my cranks from the stock Shimano to something else, likely DUB or 30mm or GXP etc… when I look at PF bottom brackets to purchase it looks like they come with cups of some kind that press into the frame.

When looking at the exploded view provided by Norco, it seems as though the frame itself uses some threaded cups that hold the linkage itself in place, but what I’m curious about is how the actual bottom bracket interfaces with that? Do I need to disassemble the entire bottom bracket area to change the BB? Or is it more simple than this?

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.006639
Mobile Version of Website