Norco Range 2021

PB Forum :: Norco
Norco Range 2021
Posted: Dec 27, 2021 at 11:26 Quote
I am no english native but i will try to explain:

When you remove your cranks you directly see the bottom brackets. They are inside the, as you tell, threaded cups. There is bo zylinder o anything else between these brackets.

So you will need some special tool to remove the brackets. Like the parktool bracket remover

https://www.parktool.com/product/head-cup-remover-rt-1?category=Crank%20%26%20Bottom%20Bracket

After you removed it, the bike ahould look like in the blueprint from the website. Now you can put in your desired bottom bracket and cranks.

You need to pressfit the new button brackets in.

I hope i answered your question?

Posted: Dec 27, 2021 at 11:33 Quote
Daveproride wrote:
I am no english native but i will try to explain:

When you remove your cranks you directly see the bottom brackets. They are inside the, as you tell, threaded cups. There is bo zylinder o anything else between these brackets.

So you will need some special tool to remove the brackets. Like the parktool bracket remover

https://www.parktool.com/product/head-cup-remover-rt-1?category=Crank%20%26%20Bottom%20Bracket

After you removed it, the bike ahould look like in the blueprint from the website. Now you can put in your desired bottom bracket and cranks.

You need to pressfit the new button brackets in.

I hope i answered your question?

Thanks!

Posted: Jan 3, 2022 at 11:45 Quote
Question about the sizing on this bike. According to Norco's size chart, I should be on a Large (I'm between 5'9 and 5'10). However, the reach at 480 on a large seems like a stretch. The reach on a Medium is almost identical to my existing bike (2018 Commencal Meta AM 27.5 size L). Anyone else out there have an issue with dealing on which size is correct? I'm not planning to do much racing which makes me lean toward the medium as I suspect it will be a more playful bike.

Posted: Jan 3, 2022 at 12:33 Quote
forum747 wrote:
Question about the sizing on this bike. According to Norco's size chart, I should be on a Large (I'm between 5'9 and 5'10). However, the reach at 480 on a large seems like a stretch. The reach on a Medium is almost identical to my existing bike (2018 Commencal Meta AM 27.5 size L). Anyone else out there have an issue with dealing on which size is correct? I'm not planning to do much racing which makes me lean toward the medium as I suspect it will be a more playful bike.

Go medium, even if you were planning to race. I was in the exact same boat, normally rode Size Large bikes, went with the medium this time on the Range and I don’t regret it. Not sure why 5’9-5’10 suggests the Large.

It’s a big bike and a lot of bike to handle.

Posted: Jan 3, 2022 at 12:35 Quote
forum747 wrote:

I’m 5’8 and I ride the medium. But I increased the stem length from the stock 40mm to 50mm to have it match my existing reach. When I compared the large to the medium I mostly looked at the wheelbase length. I’m happy and very much content on my medium.

Posted: Jan 3, 2022 at 12:59 Quote
maxwharin1 wrote:
forum747 wrote:

Go medium, even if you were planning to race. I was in the exact same boat, normally rode Size Large bikes, went with the medium this time on the Range and I don’t regret it. Not sure why 5’9-5’10 suggests the Large.

It’s a big bike and a lot of bike to handle.

Awesome. Thanks for the feedback!

Posted: Jan 5, 2022 at 13:40 Quote
Anyone knows how many chainlinks i need on a Large Bike?

I used now a complete Chain of Sram (126) links.

Today i read that Austenselk also used a complete Chain on a medium.

any help would be really appreciated.

Posted: Jan 5, 2022 at 17:34 Quote
[Quote="Daveproride"]Anyone knows how many chainlinks i need on a Large Bike?

I used now a complete Chain of Sram (126) links.

Today i read that Austenselk also used a complete Chain on a medium.

any help would be really appreciated.[/Quote

Depends on your gearing. Put it in lowest gear and see how much slack you have under compression.

Posted: Jan 14, 2022 at 12:05 Quote
Mic at @williamsracingproducts(instagram) has done it again. He just announced his Mullet yoke for the 22’ Range. No details on pricing as of yet, no doubt it will be quite expensive, but his fit/finish and quality of his products is amazing.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CYqL5leJE9p/?utm_medium=copy_link — check out his Instagram here.

If you’re looking to mullet your Range this is the way to go for sure.

https://www.williamsracingproducts.com/shop

Posted: Jan 15, 2022 at 3:15 Quote
Can’t open any of the links…

Posted: Jan 21, 2022 at 5:08 Quote
Should I buy a Range as a second bike for fun times and enduro racing - Advice please!

OK here is my situation. Late 40s guy, currently have an Optic which I love. I like to pedal and prefer to keep tyres on the ground. I like to ride fast technical trails and the Optic is more than enough for most of my riding. I'm keeping the Optic for the foreseeable future.

I have started to ride enduro for fun on the Optic . I'm not in it to win it but when trails get more difficult and the clock is running you really have to concentrate and pick your lines with the Optic.

I'm looking for a bike that I can point down the hill, hug the trail and not be so fussy picking lines. I'm also getting older and want to just use the Optic for its intended use on trails and have a second bike for enduro runs and trips to the bike park.

In terms of bike fitness I'm at the upper end for my age and bike handling skill probably advanced intermediate, so hitting black tech trails but I'm not hucking jump lines (I'm to old for that).

On top of all this I can get a 10% discount on a Range, so for the retail price of the C3 I will be able to upgrade the damper to a Charger 2.1, replace the break levers to M7100s and up the front rotor size.

I'm looking for a bike to fill a gap but I'm not sure if the range is too much bike for me.

All advice welcome.

Cheers

Dan

Posted: Jan 21, 2022 at 6:49 Quote
IMeasureStuff wrote:
Should I buy a Range as a second bike for fun times and enduro racing - Advice please!

OK here is my situation. Late 40s guy, currently have an Optic which I love. I like to pedal and prefer to keep tyres on the ground. I like to ride fast technical trails and the Optic is more than enough for most of my riding. I'm keeping the Optic for the foreseeable future.

I have started to ride enduro for fun on the Optic . I'm not in it to win it but when trails get more difficult and the clock is running you really have to concentrate and pick your lines with the Optic.

I'm looking for a bike that I can point down the hill, hug the trail and not be so fussy picking lines. I'm also getting older and want to just use the Optic for its intended use on trails and have a second bike for enduro runs and trips to the bike park.

In terms of bike fitness I'm at the upper end for my age and bike handling skill probably advanced intermediate, so hitting black tech trails but I'm not hucking jump lines (I'm to old for that).

On top of all this I can get a 10% discount on a Range, so for the retail price of the C3 I will be able to upgrade the damper to a Charger 2.1, replace the break levers to M7100s and up the front rotor size.

I'm looking for a bike to fill a gap but I'm not sure if the range is too much bike for me.

All advice welcome.

Cheers

Dan

I my opinion that is the closet you can get to the perfect two bike quiver. I got my dad an optic and I really like riding that thing compared to my sight.

Posted: Jan 21, 2022 at 7:06 Quote
IMeasureStuff wrote:

All advice welcome.

Cheers

Dan

Range does seem suitable for what you are looking to do, but keep in mind for aggressive pedally enduro racing it probably isn’t the best choice. You will gain the traction you are seeking, as high pivot bikes are glued to the ground. Since you have the physical fitness, it should work for you. Don’t get me wrong, the bike pedals great, it just isn’t the out-of-the-saddle hammer and lively pop style of ride, but that’s what you have your Optic for.

Posted: Jan 21, 2022 at 7:17 Quote
Hey Dan, I am in North Conway and have a C2 in a size large if you ever want to check it out.

I have logged some solid rides and miles on it and its an amazing bike for sure!

—Stephan

IMeasureStuff wrote:

All advice welcome.

Cheers

Dan

Posted: Jan 21, 2022 at 11:44 Quote
nskerb wrote:
I my opinion that is the closet you can get to the perfect two bike quiver. I got my dad an optic and I really like riding that thing compared to my sight.

The Optic is amazing and is a great bike that spans a number of categories. I like the idea of the Range because it clearly sits in its own category of bike. When I'm taking a bike out for a ride or to race or hit a bike park it's going to be obvious which bike I'm going to take. I thought of bikes like the Sight, but I felt there was too much overlap with the Optic.

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.006373
Mobile Version of Website