Norco Range 2021

PB Forum :: Norco
Norco Range 2021
Posted: Feb 6, 2022 at 13:21 Quote
The setup that Norco has put together works tremendously well. I had mine setup through the shop I bought it through and all that I changed after riding for a month was slowing the rebound in the front by a single click.

O+
Posted: Feb 6, 2022 at 15:22 Quote
austenselk wrote:
The setup that Norco has put together works tremendously well. I had mine setup through the shop I bought it through and all that I changed after riding for a month was slowing the rebound in the front by a single click.

Thanks! I’ll probably stick with it for now. Gonna go broke just turning it into a bike with the parts I already have. Still curious about whether the EXT is a fitment issue or they just don’t want people going aftermarket with the shocks for possible performance reasons.

O+
Posted: Feb 6, 2022 at 16:35 Quote
So I had my first major issue with the lower link today on cypress. High consequence rock garden with technical rolls. At the very start I smashed the link and it caused me to loose control and jump off my bike and somehow run out with crashing. Definitely is a bigger issue in the XL that I ride. Was not really a situation where I could unweight the rear to compensate either. A little spooked and will have to be more careful about what janky rolls I do in the future. Never had any issues on this line on my old bike.

Posted: Feb 6, 2022 at 18:42 Quote
kylar wrote:
austenselk wrote:

Thanks! I’ll probably stick with it for now. Gonna go broke just turning it into a bike with the parts I already have. Still curious about whether the EXT is a fitment issue or they just don’t want people going aftermarket with the shocks for possible performance reasons.

I had an EXT and their US dealer is a place within 20 minutes of where I live and my work uses them for service. They told me not to do it.

O+
Posted: Feb 6, 2022 at 18:51 Quote
austenselk wrote:
kylar wrote:
austenselk wrote:

I had an EXT and their US dealer is a place within 20 minutes of where I live and my work uses them for service. They told me not to do it.

Interesting. Was it because it could go crunch crunch, or just not worth it performance wise?

Posted: Feb 6, 2022 at 19:22 Quote
kylar wrote:
austenselk wrote:
kylar wrote:

Interesting. Was it because it could go crunch crunch, or just not worth it performance wise?

Crunch crunch. Otherwise performance wise they’re outstanding!

Posted: Feb 6, 2022 at 19:26 Quote
I may have my Range frame for sale, but riding it today in the terrain it was meant to be ridden in, and I am still happy with how it handles itself in rocky technical terrain. Both climbing up technically challenging line choices, and descending down them. Then in comparison riding again the same day on a completely different trail network and just finding it sapping energy with smooth trails.

If I still have this frame come the spring into the summer, there’s a few specific trails and networks I want to climb and ride it on to see how it fairs in even more challenging terrain.

Posted: Feb 6, 2022 at 21:34 Quote
I think reports are fairly accurate on the bike. It's a monster going down and a pig going up. You can climb it on a daily (like i have since my main bike is down), but you really want this to be gravity bike - shuttles/bike park. The bike makes me confident and allows me to push boundaries comfortably. You can make it pop but it takes a lot of input.

I'm working on understanding the rear. It still confuses me. Tons of grip, braking feels good sometimes but other times it feels like it's skating over. Not sure how to explain it.

O+
Posted: Feb 8, 2022 at 7:48 Quote
danielomeara wrote:
So I had my first major issue with the lower link today on cypress. High consequence rock garden with technical rolls. At the very start I smashed the link and it caused me to loose control and jump off my bike and somehow run out with crashing. Definitely is a bigger issue in the XL that I ride. Was not really a situation where I could unweight the rear to compensate either. A little spooked and will have to be more careful about what janky rolls I do in the future. Never had any issues on this line on my old bike.

Yeah... I'm on a XL as well and it's much easier to bump that bash guard Frown

O+
Posted: Feb 8, 2022 at 8:45 Quote
https://www.instagram.com/p/CZqxqw_hutE/

Interesting

Posted: Feb 8, 2022 at 9:13 Quote
ThatDangGuy wrote:
I think reports are fairly accurate on the bike. It's a monster going down and a pig going up. You can climb it on a daily (like i have since my main bike is down), but you really want this to be gravity bike - shuttles/bike park. The bike makes me confident and allows me to push boundaries comfortably. You can make it pop but it takes a lot of input.

I'm working on understanding the rear. It still confuses me. Tons of grip, braking feels good sometimes but other times it feels like it's skating over. Not sure how to explain it.

I disagree on the pig going up. It feels perfectly fine going uphill and on technical stuff it really shines. Not for its quickness of course, but for its superior grip when clawing its way up stuff. Perhaps it becomes more of your body posture and fitness, as when you say “skates over” that’s when it’s riding so smoothly that it just glides over all sorts of bumps and obstacles.

O+
Posted: Feb 8, 2022 at 11:09 Quote
austenselk wrote:
ThatDangGuy wrote:

I disagree on the pig going up. It feels perfectly fine going uphill and on technical stuff it really shines. Not for its quickness of course, but for its superior grip when clawing its way up stuff. Perhaps it becomes more of your body posture and fitness, as when you say “skates over” that’s when it’s riding so smoothly that it just glides over all sorts of bumps and obstacles.

That idler grinding doesn't bother you? I think for being a 38lb+ coil-sprung high-pivot, it actually does climb reasonably. But it ain't efficient by any standard. You don't notice it until you hop on another bike.

Posted: Feb 8, 2022 at 11:21 Quote
Habaden wrote:

Interesting
Yeah, aparently WRP can do a lot for a Range. Problem is, they are so good that they can make an even better cr-mo-alu iteration of the Range with even more travel… and they are prototyping it.

O+
Posted: Feb 8, 2022 at 11:31 Quote
hitarpotar wrote:
Habaden wrote:

Interesting
Yeah, aparently WRP can do a lot for a Range. Problem is, they are so good that they can make an even better cr-mo-alu iteration of the Range with even more travel… and they are prototyping it.

When you think you can't improve a bike any more... lol lol lol

Posted: Feb 8, 2022 at 11:50 Quote
austenselk wrote:
ThatDangGuy wrote:

Climbing traction is fantastic. It's just cumbersome climbing, esp a C3 with it's extra weight and heavy drivetrain.

Gliding would be appropriate. The rear is awesome. It's just getting used to it overall. It's just getting used to the feeling back there. d

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.010426
Mobile Version of Website