Norco Range 2021

PB Forum :: Norco
Norco Range 2021
Author Message
Posted: Jun 3, 2022 at 6:05 Quote
Loganstrailrides wrote:
maxwharin1 wrote:
Have been itching to try an air shock in the Range. I'm a fan of air shocks for the tuning abilities/setting sag. I also think dropping some weight from the bike might be good. Not bothered by the current weight but would be interested to see how light a Range build could get.

If anyone has tried it, would love to hear your thoughts. I can't imagine it would be bad in any way, but you never know.

Second this! would love to see what the range feels like with an air shock, has anyone given it a go?

I wanted to try the new RS Super Deluxe, but i doesn't clear the frame. Probably most airshocks won't fit. So maybe there is simply not enough space for airshocks, thats why Norco doesn't "recomend" it.

Posted: Jun 3, 2022 at 6:44 Quote
chri92 wrote:
Loganstrailrides wrote:
maxwharin1 wrote:
Have been itching to try an air shock in the Range. I'm a fan of air shocks for the tuning abilities/setting sag. I also think dropping some weight from the bike might be good. Not bothered by the current weight but would be interested to see how light a Range build could get.

If anyone has tried it, would love to hear your thoughts. I can't imagine it would be bad in any way, but you never know.

Second this! would love to see what the range feels like with an air shock, has anyone given it a go?

I wanted to try the new RS Super Deluxe, but i doesn't clear the frame. Probably most airshocks won't fit. So maybe there is simply not enough space for airshocks, thats why Norco doesn't "recomend" it.

the combination of very limited shock options and awful reliability/build quality of the fox dhx2 is proving to be one of the biggest pitfalls of owning this bike.

O+
Posted: Jun 3, 2022 at 8:14 Quote
tom-mc wrote:
chri92 wrote:
Loganstrailrides wrote:


Second this! would love to see what the range feels like with an air shock, has anyone given it a go?

I wanted to try the new RS Super Deluxe, but i doesn't clear the frame. Probably most airshocks won't fit. So maybe there is simply not enough space for airshocks, thats why Norco doesn't "recomend" it.

the combination of very limited shock options and awful reliability/build quality of the fox dhx2 is proving to be one of the biggest pitfalls of owning this bike.

Fingers crossed for the 2023 super delux coil. The trunnion end looks pretty minimal so maybe (??). The idea of hydraulic bottom out on a non-EXT is pretty awesome.

Posted: Jun 3, 2022 at 8:36 Quote
Didn’t they say the super deluxe coil works with the range?

Lewis B is running a dvo jade.

Posted: Jun 3, 2022 at 8:39 Quote
Blownoutrides wrote:
tom-mc wrote:
chri92 wrote:


I wanted to try the new RS Super Deluxe, but i doesn't clear the frame. Probably most airshocks won't fit. So maybe there is simply not enough space for airshocks, thats why Norco doesn't "recomend" it.

the combination of very limited shock options and awful reliability/build quality of the fox dhx2 is proving to be one of the biggest pitfalls of owning this bike.

Fingers crossed for the 2023 super delux coil. The trunnion end looks pretty minimal so maybe (??). The idea of hydraulic bottom out on a non-EXT is pretty awesome.

i talked to vorsprung and they have a custom tractiv tune for the super deluxe on a norco range, i think that would be the best option. apparently some of the new ones have an incompatible "hot dog valve" so its hard to source one at the moment, but i think its pretty safe to assume that the custom tune from vorsprung will be better on that bike than anything out of the box from RS (even though i do miss the hydraulic bottom out on my old ext)

O+
Posted: Jun 4, 2022 at 11:06 Quote
So turns out my rattle was just the shock body unthreading itself after a dozen rides. No big deal.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1e8mp37wxy5cpna/video_1_520645b8bd7a43c89f72247e0f991107.MP4?dl=0

Posted: Jun 5, 2022 at 22:28 Quote
Blownoutrides wrote:
So turns out my rattle was just the shock body unthreading itself after a dozen rides. No big deal.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1e8mp37wxy5cpna/video_1_520645b8bd7a43c89f72247e0f991107.MP4?dl=0
Zoiks!

O+
Posted: Jun 5, 2022 at 23:16 Quote
UncleCliffy wrote:
Blownoutrides wrote:
So turns out my rattle was just the shock body unthreading itself after a dozen rides. No big deal.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1e8mp37wxy5cpna/video_1_520645b8bd7a43c89f72247e0f991107.MP4?dl=0
Zoiks!

I guess that typically gets red loctite that takes 5mins with a heat gun to loosen up. Mine had no loctite at all apparently

Posted: Jun 7, 2022 at 13:48 Quote
Blownoutrides wrote:
So turns out my rattle was just the shock body unthreading itself after a dozen rides. No big deal.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1e8mp37wxy5cpna/video_1_520645b8bd7a43c89f72247e0f991107.MP4?dl=0

Exactly the same as mine

O+
Posted: Jun 7, 2022 at 21:18 Quote
chri92 wrote:
Blownoutrides wrote:
So turns out my rattle was just the shock body unthreading itself after a dozen rides. No big deal.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1e8mp37wxy5cpna/video_1_520645b8bd7a43c89f72247e0f991107.MP4?dl=0

Exactly the same as mine

Crazy

Posted: Jun 12, 2022 at 17:02 Quote
danielomeara wrote:
Didn’t they say the super deluxe coil works with the range?

Lewis B is running a dvo jade.

And Lewis also specified that he had to remove some material from the shock/frame to get it to clear.

Posted: Jun 14, 2022 at 0:03 Quote
The new Ultimate Coil also does not fit I was told.At size L it touches the frame, at M the lockout can not be operated. Size S and XL i dont no...

Its too bad! Think I still buy the old ultimate coil, just to have a spare shock

Posted: Jun 17, 2022 at 5:22 Quote
Anyone in the USA looking to sell a size large?

Thanks!

O+
Posted: Jun 17, 2022 at 5:32 Quote
birdman2447 wrote:
Anyone in the USA looking to sell a size large?

Thanks!

I have a size large to sell out of canada but willing to ship
https://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/3364349/

Posted: Jun 19, 2022 at 0:02 Quote
birdman2447 wrote:
Anyone in the USA looking to sell a size large?

Thanks!

Selling a C3 frame out of BC Canada. Happy to ship


 
Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.006572
Mobile Version of Website