Norco Range 2021

PB Forum :: Norco
Norco Range 2021
Posted: Jul 13, 2022 at 5:22 Quote
bradwalton wrote:
I dunno man I ride about every day, no shuttle or bike park just long climbs and rough descents. I have other bikes too but the Range is the foul weather bike because it has MaxxGrips. Very disappointed in the bearing life, seems like something is always loose and rattley on my Range. Some of the bearings are a real mf’er to replace too. I’ve got more miles on my Stumpy Evo and it’s still on the original bearings.

As for the idler, another shocker there. It wears faster than a chainring. It’s a good thing the frame is stout AF and rides really well or I would be searching for a replacement.

wow that is so bad, i was talking to norco north shore and they hinted at bearing wear issues but said that should be expected from a "race bike". the supreme is probably the most dominant race bike of the modern era and has no such issues

Posted: Jul 13, 2022 at 5:49 Quote
bradwalton wrote:
marcoroy wrote:
tom-mc wrote:
im 4 months in and still have yet to get a ride in where my dhx2 makes it to the bottom of the hill without blowing its guts out - whats the full list of shocks that fit this bike?

as I understand it its:

- super deluxe coil (but not the newest one?)
- cane creek double barrel

I know lewis buchanan is running a dvo jade on his but he had to shave material off the shock body to get it in there. I'm also not sure how the bike would ride with an off the shelf shock as there is a very specific tune that norco is running for the dhx2/sram shock on this thing

Same thing here i have to rebuilt the damn shock every 3 ride or so... it is getting really frustrating last rebuild was during the winter so i had no problem to warranty it by fox with their long turn around but this time in the middle of the riding season it pisses me off to pay the rebuild with my own pocket Madder

looking for a new coil shock as well but nothing seems to fit.... was wondering if the bomber would fit in 65mm

Bummer guys! I’ve had my Range since September and have ridden it enough to replace all the pivot bearings twice and 3 idlers, but still on the stock Fox shock with zero issues. I did up the spring weight from stock.

I had a Norco Shore (high pivot) and blew the Fox shock which I think was from running too light of a spring. Check your sag with no preload and verify you have the right spring weight. Somewhere around 28% feels really good to me on the Range. Ride aligned is great but isn’t always 100% for everyone.

I found a lightly used Super Deluxe coil in 205x65 on PB Buysell for a good price, so maybe try that. Excited to give that a go for MOAR TRAVEL!!! Pairing it with WRP mullet link for 186mm rear, might bump my 180 Zeb to 190 just because I can!

I just saw this mullet eyelet for the DHX2 pop up on the cascade component website https://cascadecomponents.bike/products/dhx2-mullet-eyelet-2022-current... wayyy less expensive than WRP link might try to bump up my coil and give this a try.

Posted: Jul 13, 2022 at 7:46 Quote
chri92 wrote:
Loganstrailrides wrote:
maxwharin1 wrote:
Have been itching to try an air shock in the Range. I'm a fan of air shocks for the tuning abilities/setting sag. I also think dropping some weight from the bike might be good. Not bothered by the current weight but would be interested to see how light a Range build could get.

If anyone has tried it, would love to hear your thoughts. I can't imagine it would be bad in any way, but you never know.

Second this! would love to see what the range feels like with an air shock, has anyone given it a go?

I wanted to try the new RS Super Deluxe, but i doesn't clear the frame. Probably most airshocks won't fit. So maybe there is simply not enough space for airshocks, thats why Norco doesn't "recomend" it.

Any word on what air shocks that fit?

O+
Posted: Jul 15, 2022 at 1:50 Quote
My guess is, that no air shocks are fitting and that's the real reason why it's "designed for coil shock properties"

You should also check if there's grease in the bearings. I checked all of them and they were completely dry. After a good clean and some fresh grease they were running kind of smooth again.

O+
Posted: Jul 15, 2022 at 3:35 Quote
A friend of mine runs a float X2 and is happy with it. So at least this shock works

Posted: Jul 15, 2022 at 14:21 Quote
xeitto wrote:
A friend of mine runs a float X2 and is happy with it. So at least this shock works

That's good to know. Supposedly the Ohlins TTX2 air fits but we'll see. I bought a Fox Float X before doing any reading and quickly found that it didn't fit.

Posted: Jul 15, 2022 at 18:24 Quote
Oldfatslowrider71 wrote:
chri92 wrote:
Loganstrailrides wrote:

Second this! would love to see what the range feels like with an air shock, has anyone given it a go?

I wanted to try the new RS Super Deluxe, but i doesn't clear the frame. Probably most airshocks won't fit. So maybe there is simply not enough space for airshocks, thats why Norco doesn't "recomend" it.

Any word on what air shocks that fit?

Just get a titanium spring…. Drops a lot of weight

Posted: Jul 16, 2022 at 2:47 Quote
Wondering if i should go xl with 181 cm hight.

After the discussion about xl And L strive here at pinkbike.

Any thoughts about it?

O+
Posted: Jul 16, 2022 at 12:41 Quote
Daveproride wrote:
Wondering if i should go xl with 181 cm hight.

After the discussion about xl And L strive here at pinkbike.

Any thoughts about it?

I'm 184.5cm with XL, happy with my choice, but at 181 L might be pretty good for you honestly.

Posted: Jul 16, 2022 at 13:50 Quote
I'm 191 and was considering Large, however, I feel right at home on the xl.
If I was shorter I'd have gone L

Posted: Jul 16, 2022 at 18:45 Quote
@daveproride Large for you

Posted: Jul 18, 2022 at 10:45 Quote
photo

Bear in mind this bike has a WRP link and presumably a 225x72.5 shock, which could change how much the shock rotates at the trunnion mounts (or increase rotation), and therefore lessen clearance issues up there. The bike also could have material removed that we can't see, but that is a 2023 Super Deluxe in there. So where there's a will there's a way.

Posted: Jul 19, 2022 at 17:51 Quote
Does someone have an exact weight on a completely stock C1?
Heard some pretty big numbers being thrown around and a bit worried about my new bike being too heavy. Thanks

Posted: Jul 19, 2022 at 19:19 Quote
archiec77 wrote:
Does someone have an exact weight on a completely stock C1?
Heard some pretty big numbers being thrown around and a bit worried about my new bike being too heavy. Thanks
What size?

My XL was 38 and change.

Posted: Jul 20, 2022 at 0:12 Quote
Wondering if anyone has tried to use a forbidden idler on a Range? If so, keen to hear if you needed to space it out.

I am hoping to run either the Jank or the North Short Billet steel idler. I have bent a few now while climbing up fire roads and putting the power down (not while shifting). Love the bike, but getting difficult to take it out for a decent ride knowing if I put any power through the pedals I could bend the teeth.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.011717
Mobile Version of Website