Norco Range 2021

PB Forum :: Norco
Norco Range 2021
Posted: Jul 20, 2022 at 4:05 Quote
UncleCliffy wrote:
archiec77 wrote:
Does someone have an exact weight on a completely stock C1?
Heard some pretty big numbers being thrown around and a bit worried about my new bike being too heavy. Thanks
What size?

My XL was 38 and change.
Thanks for that. I've ordered a medium

Posted: Jul 20, 2022 at 11:51 Quote
MTBnamegenerator wrote:
Wondering if anyone has tried to use a forbidden idler on a Range? If so, keen to hear if you needed to space it out.

I am hoping to run either the Jank or the North Short Billet steel idler. I have bent a few now while climbing up fire roads and putting the power down (not while shifting). Love the bike, but getting difficult to take it out for a decent ride knowing if I put any power through the pedals I could bend the teeth.

I would love it if that thing fits... I've had 3x idlers on backorder since last November.

Posted: Jul 21, 2022 at 3:03 Quote
loulew wrote:
MTBnamegenerator wrote:
Wondering if anyone has tried to use a forbidden idler on a Range? If so, keen to hear if you needed to space it out.

I am hoping to run either the Jank or the North Short Billet steel idler. I have bent a few now while climbing up fire roads and putting the power down (not while shifting). Love the bike, but getting difficult to take it out for a decent ride knowing if I put any power through the pedals I could bend the teeth.

I would love it if that thing fits... I've had 3x idlers on backorder since last November.

I raced with Eric at Jank last night and made him aware of this forum and demand for the idlers. He’s going to borrow my range for a bit and figure it out. I’ll repost when they are ready.

Posted: Jul 21, 2022 at 6:02 Quote
bradwalton wrote:
loulew wrote:
MTBnamegenerator wrote:

I raced with Eric at Jank last night and made him aware of this forum and demand for the idlers. He’s going to borrow my range for a bit and figure it out. I’ll repost when they are ready.

You made my day. Thanks for the nudge!
Eric and I spoke over Instagram a little bit ago and he was interested, but seemed like he had a bit too much on, and also needed a test bike. Thanks for helping make that happen! Drinks on me one day.

Posted: Jul 21, 2022 at 13:54 Quote
bradwalton wrote:
Awesome! And if it’s priced like the Forbidden kit, win-win. Thanks!

Posted: Aug 8, 2022 at 6:37 Quote
my rear end felt quiet harsh the last few runs.... Now I have noticed that the two bearings at this damper extension are completely firm....Also the remaining bearings are no longer very good. I am already a little disappointed. I'm on the range since April and not very often. A few of you guys had the same right?

Posted: Aug 8, 2022 at 8:04 Quote
Mh79 wrote:
my rear end felt quiet harsh the last few runs.... Now I have noticed that the two bearings at this damper extension are completely firm....Also the remaining bearings are no longer very good. I am already a little disappointed. I'm on the range since April and not very often. A few of you guys had the same right?

on the yoke? mine arrived seized from factory and are now torched after only a handful of rides

Posted: Aug 8, 2022 at 8:21 Quote
I would recommend everyone buy these bearings as spares because the frame eats through them often. Some are hard to find. Some are difficult to install. I was able to change pretty much all of them with a vise and a $75 Harbor Freight blind bearing puller.

Posted: Aug 8, 2022 at 17:07 Quote
Are the 6808-LLU removable the same way and do they wear out quickly?

Also, are there alternatives to the park tool for removing the BB cage? I'm having trouble getting one in my area.
I haven't done bearings that large before.

Posted: Aug 9, 2022 at 4:50 Quote
tom-mc wrote:
Mh79 wrote:

on the yoke? mine arrived seized from factory and are now torched after only a handful of rides

Yes on the yoke....I have not checked the others. But they also feel not so good anymore when I move the rear end without shock installed....

Posted: Aug 9, 2022 at 6:07 Quote
ozhuck2flat wrote:
Are the 6808-LLU removable the same way and do they wear out quickly?

Also, are there alternatives to the park tool for removing the BB cage? I'm having trouble getting one in my area.
I haven't done bearings that large before.

Those are the first ones that went bad in my Range. They are not easy to remove. It’s a double row configuration, two per side right next to each other.

Schematic shows BBT-47 12-notch tool.
Make sure you get the 12-notch and not the 16. Follow the assembly instructions on the diagram. It’s not as hard as it looks, but make sure you have plenty of time. Make sure alignment is good when pressing the new bearings into the link, they become offset easily.

Posted: Aug 15, 2022 at 0:19 Quote
Thanks Brad. Maybe a job worth paying my LBS for.

Posted: Aug 17, 2022 at 11:38 Quote
Range Mullet Link Install:

I got on the early list for the Williams Racing Products link and just received it last week. After replacing a few more frame bearings and building up a new WR1 Union 27.5 wheel yesterday, I finally got around to completing the setup this morning. I haven’t ridden it yet but will update.

WRP says on the website that it doesn’t work with the stock chain guide, but it just requires a little guide modification that can easily be done with a hacksaw and file or dremel type tool. The mullet link is longer than stock to preserve the stock geometry with a smaller rear wheel, so it jams the chainstay into the back of the guide.

My use for this bike is more of a play bike for big rock rolls and steeps and general DH rowdiness. It’s a great bike as is for rugged terrain, but I have been hit with the rear tire a few times in the steeps. I’ve been enjoying 180mm with the Zeb and thought the longer travel of the WRP link might be nice. WRP has options for the mullet link. Stock shock and WRP link is ~178mm travel, while the 65mm stroke shock w/ WRP provides 186mm rear travel. There are also options for a link that provides 200mm+ travel. The Range is a big bike no matter how ya look at it so a bit more travel, Umm…yes please

I wasn’t entirely happy with the stock Fox shock. Never had any issues, just didn’t love it, so I found a lightly used Super D w/ 65mm stroke over the stock 62.5mm. I did one ride with the stock 29’er wheel and the long shock which was maybe ~176mm travel. Didn’t really notice any extra travel but the Super D coil has more midstroke support over the stock Fox and it made the suspension feel less…noticeable, in a good way. I’ve only got one ride on the new shock so TBD. Same weight coil spring for similar sag at 600#.

Driveway test with mullet link doesn’t feel vastly different so I’m looking forward to first ride soon. The bike does feel slightly shorter in the rear end in a good way. I also have shorter dropouts on order from a size L (mine is XL) which I think will land me my dream setup. I also have a 160mm bike so going beast mode on the Range setup is NBD. For enduro racing I usually go with the nimbleness of the 160 anyways.

Posted: Aug 22, 2022 at 5:59 Quote
So anyone moved from the norco range away to another bike? When yes why? To what did you change?

Was ist hard to ride without high pivot?

Posted: Aug 27, 2022 at 13:59 Quote
Got my C1 just in time for a week in Whistler. Stock aside from Saint brakes and DH tires. Trying to decide if it needs a Fox 40 for park duty or if the 38 will be good enough. First time not having a full DH bike since 2001

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.010232
Mobile Version of Website