Norco Range 2021

PB Forum :: Norco
Norco Range 2021
Posted: Sep 7, 2022 at 22:51 Quote
Blownoutrides wrote:
Apologies if this one has been covered before…

Anyone else having an issue with the idler chain guide tabs on the seat stay contacting the main triangle towards the bottom end of the travel stroke?

The seat tube area carbon flares out just below the idler pivot and the seat stay tabs are grinding into it. At this point it’s through the paint and digging into carbon.

Thanks!
Have you got any pictures maybe?

Posted: Sep 8, 2022 at 7:35 Quote
Hi, has anyone ran a 65mm stroke on their range? Stock is 62.5mm.

Posted: Sep 8, 2022 at 7:57 Quote
Oldfatslowrider71 wrote:
Numerous people already! Smile

Posted: Sep 8, 2022 at 17:53 Quote
MortenFreeride wrote:
Blownoutrides wrote:

Anyone else having an issue with the idler chain guide tabs on the seat stay contacting the main triangle towards the bottom end of the travel stroke?

The seat tube area carbon flares out just below the idler pivot and the seat stay tabs are grinding into it. At this point it’s through the paint and digging into carbon.

Thanks!

YES I am having this issue, pics below: I waited a month for their warranty dept to say they had to escalate it since they didn't know what it was. Any ideas what it is?

photo

photo

Posted: Sep 8, 2022 at 18:49 Quote
Oldfatslowrider71 wrote:

I am and the Super Deluxe coil feels better in the mid stroke support to me. Can’t really notice more travel.

Posted: Sep 8, 2022 at 23:48 Quote
send-it-bro wrote:
MortenFreeride wrote:
Blownoutrides wrote:

Thanks!

YES I am having this issue, pics below: I waited a month for their warranty dept to say they had to escalate it since they didn't know what it was. Any ideas what it is?

photo

photo

I had a paint chip at this point on the frame I just sold.Thought it was from a small stone or so that got in there....Hmm

O+
Posted: Sep 9, 2022 at 7:56 Quote
[Quote="Mh79"]
send-it-bro wrote:
MortenFreeride wrote:

I had a paint chip at this point on the frame I just sold.Thought it was from a small stone or so that got in there....Hmm

I have nothing like that on mine, I also haven't been bottoming out THAT much... is it the cable rubbing maybe?

Posted: Sep 9, 2022 at 8:26 Quote
YoungChef wrote:
Wanted to ask if anyone on this forum has owned/ridden both the forbidden dreadnought and the range and can comment on the differences between the two. I'm trying to decide between the two for a park/enduro race bike. Thanks!

Norco is heavy AF but out performs the forbidden in just about everything involving going down hill. I lasted 6 months on my Forbidden then got rid of it.

Posted: Sep 9, 2022 at 8:38 Quote
[Quote="loulew"]
Mh79 wrote:
send-it-bro wrote:

I have nothing like that on mine, I also haven't been bottoming out THAT much... is it the cable rubbing maybe?

It’s definitely not cable rub, the cable doesn’t touch there and I double layered tape where the cable does touch. This went through the tape and into the paint after one ride at thunder mountain (granted I was bottoming out on fort hill but regardless it shouldn’t be hitting). I also know it’s the frame hitting cause the paint is wearing on the seat stay where it hits the main frame

Posted: Sep 10, 2022 at 11:44 Quote
Hey guys. It’s pretty easy to remove the shock if you need to test anything that might be rubbing.

Posted: Sep 10, 2022 at 11:54 Quote
UncleCliffy wrote:
Hey guys. It’s pretty easy to remove the shock if you need to test anything that might be rubbing.

Already did and confirmed the frame is hitting itself. It starts right at the beginning of the bottom out bumper, and then throughout the stroke of the bottom out bumper it slides against the feame

Posted: Sep 10, 2022 at 11:54 Quote
That was actually with the shock in, with the coil out

Posted: Sep 15, 2022 at 12:25 Quote
If u want a 65 stroke shock just remove the spacers from the stock shock to achieve more travel

Posted: Sep 23, 2022 at 6:50 Quote
Hi there, i have a question about the 2019 norco range a.7.
Sorry i could not find a better forum.
I recently picked up a used range and there is a cheap fox dpx2 trunnion 205*60mm.
I could actually get a good deal on an coil shock with 5mm more stroke (205*65mm).
Has anyone ever tried it, or knows if its possible or will it not work. If not i am not gonaa buy it. But for example the new transition bikes can be upstroked so i wondered if thats possible too.
Shred hard and have a good day

O+
Posted: Sep 23, 2022 at 7:09 Quote
stonedbiker420 wrote:
Hi there, i have a question about the 2019 norco range a.7.
Sorry i could not find a better forum.
I recently picked up a used range and there is a cheap fox dpx2 trunnion 205*60mm.
I could actually get a good deal on an coil shock with 5mm more stroke (205*65mm).
Has anyone ever tried it, or knows if its possible or will it not work. If not i am not gonaa buy it. But for example the new transition bikes can be upstroked so i wondered if thats possible too.
Shred hard and have a good day

Your username cracks me up lol.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.012759
Mobile Version of Website