Norco Range 2021

PB Forum :: Norco
Norco Range 2021
Posted: Jan 18, 2021 at 14:58 Quote
knax wrote:
The picture posted in the thread at mtbr (that is supposed to be from a dealer catalogue) looks like this is the same frame, but with a single crown fork. Perhaps Norco are doing what they have already done with the Shore, i.e. a dual and a single crown version?

Yes.

Posted: Jan 18, 2021 at 22:54 Quote
I’m all for double crown equipped enduro bikes, but what’s the point of having double crown versions of both the Range and the Shore?

Posted: Jan 19, 2021 at 12:44 Quote
hitarpotar wrote:
I’m all for double crown equipped enduro bikes, but what’s the point of having double crown versions of both the Range and the Shore?

freeride and more of a race bike? since the shore is a 27.5 and the range will be a 29. and who knows, maybe the dual crown fork was just for testing and the range will never be sold with a dual crown.

Posted: Jan 20, 2021 at 1:23 Quote
bikefreak720 wrote:
freeride and more of a race bike? since the shore is a 27.5 and the range will be a 29. and who knows, maybe the dual crown fork was just for testing and the range will never be sold with a dual crown.
More of a race bike 29er - isn’t this what the Aurum is for? Smile

Posted: Jan 20, 2021 at 8:07 Quote
hitarpotar wrote:
bikefreak720 wrote:
More of a race bike 29er - isn’t this what the Aurum is for? Smile
The Aurum is a downhill bike, the range is an enduro bike.

Posted: Jan 20, 2021 at 18:15 Quote
Maybe 275 and 29 options like the sight. Maybe it's got mullet potential too!

Posted: Jan 23, 2021 at 15:12 Quote
thompsy01 wrote:
riftzonexc8 wrote:
Deffo a forbidden, look at the seat mast and shock position

You could be right!
Interesting though is that it was a screenshot of Magnus Manson's insta story, who rides for Norco. Blenki put up a story recently of a Norco with the same seat mast and shock position;

https://p.vitalmtb.com/photos/forums/2021/01/02/10285/s1200_Screenshot_20210102_235956.jpg

Only issue is Magnus has left Norco. Look at his IG, he's being very coy about the bike shots in it, and all his stories are intentionally staying away from branding. Seams like a reasonsable conclusion that he left Norco for Fobidden, being a Vancouver Island guy himself.

Blenki does seem to have the bike that Lucas Cruz and Henry Fitzgerald were riding in the summer. Maybe its even the same exact frame since its summer down there and he can do some testing...

Posted: Jan 24, 2021 at 8:48 Quote
Tayrob wrote:
Spoke with an outside rep today in regards to the range. Frames are done and sitting in an overseas warehouse, current obstacle is getting the needed components to build them up and ship them out. He said if everything goes to plan they're expecting them in March.
This is encouraging news. What we’ve been told at the shop is summer... And those answers seemed like they were fabricated. I’ve had one on order since last summer, and I didn’t think I was gonna see it until a year later.

Posted: Jan 24, 2021 at 18:28 Quote
UncleCliffy wrote:
Tayrob wrote:
Spoke with an outside rep today in regards to the range. Frames are done and sitting in an overseas warehouse, current obstacle is getting the needed components to build them up and ship them out. He said if everything goes to plan they're expecting them in March.
This is encouraging news. What we’ve been told at the shop is summer... And those answers seemed like they were fabricated. I’ve had one on order since last summer, and I didn’t think I was gonna see it until a year later.

We don’t have a Norco dealer close to me but I want one of these bikes! Are the build kits hinted on the dealer site yet?

Posted: Jan 25, 2021 at 21:26 Quote
The only parts I firmly remember of the two build kits I saw were super deluxe coil /Zeb on the cheaper bike, and DHX2 coil/38 on the nicer build.

I vaguely remember XT drive chain and brakes with DT Swiss wheels on the Fox build, and GX with Codes on the Rock Shox build. This could all completely change as this was from a dealer catalog from around August or so.

Posted: Jan 26, 2021 at 21:23 Quote
^ Interesting. Wonder how much it'll weigh (and cost...).

Posted: Jan 26, 2021 at 21:37 Quote
blackapturphoto wrote:
I've got a photoshoot booked with the new HSP Range and a dual crown fork Wink

is it with Sam Blenkinsop?? if so that is awesome

Posted: Jan 28, 2021 at 19:55 Quote
blackapturphoto wrote:

Can you please hurry up and take the photos so they can launch it before 2022? Wink

Posted: Jan 30, 2021 at 16:37 Quote
blackapturphoto wrote:

Norco Factory Team posted a video of Sam Blenkinsop at Coronet Peak to their IG account yesterday riding what definitely looked to be a HSP range with a dual crown fork! Might well be the new Range!

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.010099
Mobile Version of Website