Norco Range 2021

PB Forum :: Norco
Norco Range 2021
O+
Posted: Jan 2, 2024 at 10:08 Quote
guylovesbike wrote:
edthesled wrote:
guylovesbike wrote:
Anyone ran the WRP DH Mullet link with the stock shock? I purchased the mullet link too fast, not noticing that there were two versions.

I have not, but you would wind up with an excessively low bottom bracket. I imagine you'd smack the link a lot

Thanks! I’ll put it up for sale if you are interested. 180$ incl. shipping in Canada

I'll buy this. Sent you a PM

Posted: Jan 4, 2024 at 7:08 Quote
Hey guys,

Is there any update you've made to your Range that's been a gamechanger? Looking to make it ready for next season!

Posted: Jan 4, 2024 at 8:29 Quote
Padded wrote:
Hey guys,

Is there any update you've made to your Range that's been a gamechanger? Looking to make it ready for next season!

For me, installing the dual crown was huge. I like the balance of the bike a lot more with the longer fork. How beneficial that would be is really dependent on what you use the bike for though.

Posted: Jan 4, 2024 at 11:46 Quote
Did anyone of you tried fitting an intend Hover? Did it fit into the v1.0 (XL) frame?

Posted: Jan 4, 2024 at 14:18 Quote
Padded wrote:
Hey guys,

AXS to solve all the cable problems and keeping a stash of idlers... luftkappe or buttercup airshaft in the zeb gives a lot more support and compliance. I didn't like the stock shock and found the ohlins ttx22 made a huge difference.

I've been trying to sell mine a while, but it's been slow. Debating trying mullet, my biggest gripe with the bike now is it's reluctance to turn in. I wonder if that'll make much of a change. I'm also debating going back to a 170mm fork (currently 180mm) for the geo changes for the same reason.

O+
Posted: Jan 4, 2024 at 21:43 Quote
rotaryjesus wrote:
Padded wrote:
Hey guys,

AXS to solve all the cable problems and keeping a stash of idlers... luftkappe or buttercup airshaft in the zeb gives a lot more support and compliance. I didn't like the stock shock and found the ohlins ttx22 made a huge difference.

I've been trying to sell mine a while, but it's been slow. Debating trying mullet, my biggest gripe with the bike now is it's reluctance to turn in. I wonder if that'll make much of a change. I'm also debating going back to a 170mm fork (currently 180mm) for the geo changes for the same reason.

I put large dropouts on my XL and found that small reduction in wheelbase made a difference in tighter turns.

Also upping my bar height helped feeling a bit more in control of the bike. When experimented with lower bar height the center of gravity felt to front bias and made the back end feel sluggish. 30mm of spacers and a 35mm rise bar was the sweet spot for me.

Posted: Jan 5, 2024 at 22:12 Quote
adventuresbycole wrote:
rotaryjesus wrote:
Padded wrote:
Hey guys,

I put large dropouts on my XL and found that small reduction in wheelbase made a difference in tighter turns.

Also upping my bar height helped feeling a bit more in control of the bike. When experimented with lower bar height the center of gravity felt to front bias and made the back end feel sluggish. 30mm of spacers and a 35mm rise bar was the sweet spot for me.

Unfortunately I'm on a size M so I have the smallest dropouts they make already. I do think this is the biggest factor. I have other bikes with similar geo on paper but I've played with spacers, stems and bar rise on all of them. Maybe I should take another look. I do enjoy a high stack (I also have a Madonna, which is like a scalpel to the range's sledgehammer).

O+
Posted: Jan 6, 2024 at 8:38 Quote
rotaryjesus wrote:
adventuresbycole wrote:
rotaryjesus wrote:

Unfortunately I'm on a size M so I have the smallest dropouts they make already. I do think this is the biggest factor. I have other bikes with similar geo on paper but I've played with spacers, stems and bar rise on all of them. Maybe I should take another look. I do enjoy a high stack (I also have a Madonna, which is like a scalpel to the range's sledgehammer).

Talking and riding with Bryn is what got me to go up in spacers, surprise surprise he was right haha.

O+
Posted: Jan 12, 2024 at 18:14 Quote
Anyone selling an enduro (stock shock) wrp mullet link?

Posted: Jan 13, 2024 at 8:34 Quote
guylovesbike wrote:
Anyone selling an enduro (stock shock) wrp mullet link?

If you're not looking to bump the travel, and just want to run a 27.5 out back, this would be a more cost effective option.

https://cascadecomponents.bike/products/dhx2-mx-eyelet-2022-current

O+
Posted: Jan 26, 2024 at 20:13 Quote
Hey Range owners,

I've had a range for about a year now but I don't ride it super often due to how heavy it is. I've really struggled to get the suspension set up to a point where it feels balanced and fun...wondering if anyone else with a similar weight and riding style can help by sharing some of their suspension settings. This is my first time with factory suspension and its been pretty difficult to get dialed because I dont have the time to fiddle for hours with micro adjustments.

Im 200 lb+ Gear, riding mostly black diamond and above terrain in SoCal (Simi Valley). Ride with my weight centered on the bike not off the back. Currently running a 600lb spring in the back.

I have tried the ride aligned setup and found that it felt awful... I dont know if I did something wrong but I found myself sitting way too deep in the travel and my rebound was way too slow. Any tips would be appreciated.

O+
Posted: Jan 27, 2024 at 9:32 Quote
Run the rear shock more open, this bike does not like allot of compression. Also run rebound quite fast, it really comes to life with rebound as fast as you can manage.

O+
Posted: Jan 27, 2024 at 18:43 Quote
adventuresbycole wrote:
Run the rear shock more open, this bike does not like allot of compression. Also run rebound quite fast, it really comes to life with rebound as fast as you can manage.

Any tips for the front end?

O+
Posted: Jan 28, 2024 at 22:01 Quote
Isaac, what fork and shock do you have?
I assume 'Factory' means you have a Fox 38 fork and a Fox DHX2 shock.
If you have a 2021 range with the first generation Zeb, you could upgrade the air shaft to the newer one with buttercups for a higher fork ride height.

O+
Posted: Jan 29, 2024 at 2:25 Quote
ozhuck2flat wrote:
Isaac, what fork and shock do you have?
I assume 'Factory' means you have a Fox 38 fork and a Fox DHX2 shock.
If you have a 2021 range with the first generation Zeb, you could upgrade the air shaft to the newer one with buttercups for a higher fork ride height.

Yep 38 and DH x2

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.009370
Mobile Version of Website