Post your vehicles

PB Forum :: Off-Topic
Post your vehicles
Posted: Jul 8, 2012 at 20:06 Quote
jcc1015 wrote:
I've been around to a few dealerships lately and supposedly it still hasn't been corrected. There are plenty of used dodges at the other dealerships, but none of the other brands at the dodge dealer, so I can see it taking it's tol...
Some people do legitly have crap luck with the front end's on the Dodge's but alot of people blow it out of proportion (ie. people who have no experience with the trucks and just talk out of their ass). I myself work my front end pretty hard with snowplowing and really haven't had to do that much work considering the truck has 240,000km's on it. All ball joints have been done, both front axle universals, center link, sway bar links (aftermarket to accomodate the level), and the passenger side unit bearing. The '05 at my old job was fairly solid as well after 7 years and 230,000km's of snowplowing and heavy towing.

Just for reference though, when I talk about Dodge trucks I'm talking about the 3/4 and 1 ton platforms. I don't consider that crap they're putting out in the 1/2 ton line to be trucks.

Posted: Jul 8, 2012 at 23:13 Quote
anyone here know if 5 lug gtr front hubs can bolt into an s13?

Posted: Jul 9, 2012 at 0:24 Quote
Dodge has a LOT of problems with their front ends in trucks. There's been 3 Cummins equipped trucks that have came in with mangled link brackets, buddies v6 Dakota snapped the swap bar about 14 months ago, which was a common problem I guess. Cummins trucks have the worst of it, though. But then again, 1200lbs over the axle in just engine weight alone is asking for a lot of wear.

Posted: Jul 9, 2012 at 0:26 Quote
We have an entirely new front end in ours

Posted: Jul 9, 2012 at 10:24 Quote
awais wrote:
Finally done my stage 2 on the WRX
-Cobb AP
-Helux Downpipe
-Greddy Evo 2 cat back
-catless uppipe
-perrin intake
-STI top mount

next is fuel delivery i.e. " injectors, water meth, fuel pump"

Nice... but I would question your order of modification...

Why do you need larger injectors?
Why the meth kit?
Why do you need a larger fuel pump?

Why do you feel the need for more power before you get ride of the stock wheels/tires, brakes, suspension?

Posted: Jul 9, 2012 at 10:35 Quote
onemanarmy wrote:
awais wrote:
-Cobb AP
-Helux Downpipe
-Greddy Evo 2 cat back
-catless uppipe
-perrin intake
-STI top mount

Why the meth kit?

Why do you feel the need for more power before you get ride of the stock wheels/tires, brakes, suspension?

Becuz MORE POWERRRRRR!

Posted: Jul 9, 2012 at 11:46 Quote
Power is pointless if you can't use it.

I've been out with cars with WAY more power than I have and destroyed them.

Having huge power with those crappy stock tires, small sway bars and weak springs is not only silly it's dangerous.

At least put good rubber and some sway bars on the car first.

People get caught up with trying to make their junk feel bigger so they can swing it around (dyno bragging), instead of improving the performance of the vehicle.

None of those modifications are needed with a stock turbo. Period.

Posted: Jul 9, 2012 at 11:56 Quote
onemanarmy wrote:
Power is pointless if you can't use it.

I've been out with cars with WAY more power than I have and destroyed them.

Having huge power with those crappy stock tires, small sway bars and weak springs is not only silly it's dangerous.

At least put good rubber and some sway bars on the car first.

People get caught up with trying to make their junk feel bigger so they can swing it around (dyno bragging), instead of improving the performance of the vehicle.

None of those modifications are needed with a stock turbo. Period.

I agree. I can't get traction in my truck to save my life. I break loose in third if I floor it.

Posted: Jul 9, 2012 at 18:44 Quote
Picked up a few goodies for my truck this weekend. Year and a half of factory speakers has finally driven me crazy.

Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y163/Geezir/IMG-20120709-00256.jpg
Still need to pick up an amp for the front speakers, make up some spacers/adapters to fit the speakers, get power wire, etc....but at least I have the speakers now.

Posted: Jul 9, 2012 at 20:07 Quote
nice!! so did i!... i thought ud have infinity or alpine!

Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/580793_10150943012523441_1269033514_n.jpg

Posted: Jul 9, 2012 at 20:11 Quote
Put my cressida together and turns out my slave cylinder is bad :/

Posted: Jul 9, 2012 at 20:13 Quote
Oh it runs, just can't put it in gear lol

Posted: Jul 10, 2012 at 0:31 Quote
onemanarmy wrote:
awais wrote:
-Cobb AP
-Helux Downpipe
-Greddy Evo 2 cat back
-catless uppipe
-perrin intake
-STI top mount

Why the meth kit?

i was watching the ap and it was showing the injectors aren't pumping out fuel properly they are probably starting to crap out, I'm not gonna put stock back in so sti pink tops. and my fuel pump makes a weird gurgling noise as for the meth kit its something I've been looking into simply to decrease inlet temps. but i think i may hold off not the meth and maybe get some sways and bushings. as for the tires I've got falken fk450s on them that work just fine for what I'm doing to the car. as for suspension I've got sti struts and tien lowering springs so I'm set there.

edit: mills got 220000kms. possible rebuild coming up soon Smile for the time being time to drive the beater 99 saturn around... yay 89hp.

Posted: Jul 10, 2012 at 0:39 Quote
also is anyone par taking in the north west meet? there is like autocross and the lotta vendors that'll be there!

heres the link if anyones in the area / interested!

http://bignorthwest.com/

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.009367
Mobile Version of Website